GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Xevy

Log Wizard
I was actually a little annoyed when Daenarys showed up. Thought it would be more interesting of Theon and crew showed up and smashed the masters.
You'll have to probably wait until episode 10 for that. Dragons holding ships at bay (PUN INTENDED) then Iron Fleet shows up and rapes the Masters. Then Yara pledges her snizz to Daenarys to help conquer the world.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well, Arya shit was amazing levels of terribad. Some of the idiotic theories were just so much more interesting. I like the idea of Sandor getting Heartsbane and killing WW. Okay, so I like the Drogon/Greyjoy murderfest of the Masters about to go down. Ride of the Vale Rohirrim next episode should be pretty cool. If not a bit overdone in this show. Seriously, the third time they've done that now. I get that its dramatic, but whatever.

HOWEVER. What the fuck are we going to do with Euron and his thousand ships now?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, Arya shit was amazing levels of terribad. Some of the idiotic theories were just so much more interesting. I like the idea of Sandor getting Heartsbane and killing WW. Okay, so I like the Drogon/Greyjoy murderfest of the Masters about to go down. Ride of the Vale Rohirrim next episode should be pretty cool. If not a bit overdone in this show. Seriously, the third time they've done that now. I get that its dramatic, but whatever.

HOWEVER. What the fuck are we going to do with Euron and his thousand ships now?
He'll get them finished, sail to Meereen, and be told 'uh, Danaerys conquered Westeros 30 years ago'

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He'll get them finished, sail to Meereen, and be told 'uh, Danaerys conquered Westeros 30 years ago'
i expect this and nothing else when euron shows up in his one rowboat becuse it was made from all the wood on the island.
rrr_img_135745.jpg

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Meh - shit is moving along nicely but they can go eat a can of dicks with the Arya stuff, which use to be my favorite. I'm offended by that part of the storytelling.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think D&D probably ran into the same problem GRRM did with having to write filler to get certain characters a few years ahead. GRRM probably has no idea either about how to satisfyingly end Arya's time in Braavos.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Tommen (King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, First Cuck of His Name) banning Trial by Combat pretty much rules out Cleganebowl right?
Trail by combat was just the fastest and easiest way to get Sander to fight his brother. The vision that kicked off Cleganebowl describes a 2v1 fight against the Mountain. No idea why people latched onto the idea that it had to be a in a trial by combat shit could happen anywhere.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stab stab Stab twist the knife... It was only a flesh wound. Thank god this whole Bravos story line is over.

Tommen only gets stupider. Hope he knows he about to be a king without a house. Taking of Riverrun without a battle was interesting.

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
We've just started watching Black Sails.

I now fully expect that pirate who was stabbed/twisted in the gut and pronounced dead to reappear later.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Trail by combat was just the fastest and easiest way to get Sander to fight his brother. The vision that kicked off Cleganebowl describes a 2v1 fight against the Mountain. No idea why people latched onto the idea that it had to be a in a trial by combat shit could happen anywhere.
it's from game of thrones (book 1), a vision bran has while he's all coma'd and shit after falling from the window. it literally foreshadowed half of the events so far in the series:

Bran looked down, and felt his insides turn to water. The ground was rushing up at him now. The whole world was spread out below him, a tapestry of white and brown and green. He could see everything so clearly that for a moment he forgot to be afraid. He could see the whole realm, and everyone in it.
He saw Winterfell as the eagles see it, the tall towers looking squat and stubby from above, the castle walls just lines in the dirt. He saw Maester Luwin on his balcony, studying the sky through a polished bronze tube and frowning as he made notes in a book. He saw his brother Robb, taller and stronger than he remembered him, practicing swordplay in the yard with real steel in his hand. He saw Hodor, the simple giant from the stables, carrying an anvil to Mikken?s forge, hefting it onto his shoulder as easily as another man might heft a bale of hay. At the heart of the godswood, the great white weirwood brooded over its reflection in the black pool, its leaves rustling in a chill wind. When it felt Bran watching, it lifted its eyes from the still waters and stared back at him knowingly.
He looked east, and saw a galley racing across the waters of the Bite. He saw his mother sitting alone in a cabin, looking at a bloodstained knife on a table in front of her, as the rowers pulled at their oars and Ser Rodrik leaned across a rail, shaking and heaving. A storm was gathering ahead of them, a vast dark roaring lashed by lightning, but somehow they could not see it.
He looked south, and saw the great blue-green rush of the Trident. He saw his father pleading with the king, his face etched with grief. He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them.One shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.
He lifted his eyes and saw clear across the narrow sea, to the Free Cities and the green Dothraki sea and beyond, to Vaes Dothrak under its mountain, to the fabled lands of the Jade Sea, to Asshai by the Shadow, where dragons stirred beneath the sunrise.
Finally he looked north. He saw the Wall shining like blue crystal, and his bastard brother Jon sleeping alone in a cold bed, his skin growing pale and hard as the memory of all warmth fled from him. And he looked past the Wall, past endless forests cloaked in snow, past the frozen shore and the great blue-white rivers of ice and the dead plains where nothing grew or lived. North and north and north he looked, to the curtain of light at the end of the world, and then beyond that curtain. He looked deep into the heart of winter, and then he cried out, afraid, and the heat of his tears burned on his cheeks.
Now you know, the crow whispered as it sat on his shoulder. Now you know why you must live.
?Why?? Bran said, not understanding, falling, falling.
Because winter is coming.
bolded the cleganebowl reference, It's always been Jaime & the Hound vs UnGregor.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
I didn't think the Arya storyline was bad at all except for the wounds she sustained. They were too deep, and there should have been a scene where she took of her top to reveal some kind of armor or padding underneath. That would have sustained the plausibility factor.

Other then that, to me the Bravos storyline got Arya to safety, got her more training, toughened her up even more and taught her to not run from herself.
Also I liked that the Bladedancers or whatever they are called seem to be the "Denial of Death" aspect and the Faceless the relentless assault of Death and that she used the former to fight the latter. I don't think Jaqen would ever have killed her since the original contract was fulfilled and nobody actually paid for Arya to die. With Waif out of the picture there is no motive to kill her and one to not kill her, he respects her at least certain aspects of her.

I hope they don't bring Lady Stoneheart in, and would kind of prefer if Arya ended up fulfilling her role as agent of vengeance for the Starks.

koljec_sl

shitlord
Other then that, to me the Bravos storyline got Arya to safety, got her more training, toughened her up even more and taught her to not run from herself.
Also I liked that the Bladedancers or whatever they are called seem to be the "Denial of Death" aspect and the Faceless the relentless assault of Death and that she used the former to fight the latter...
simple rewrite:

Waife:It will all be over soon.
Arya:Not today.
Arya draws Needle.

I would love that. Arya remains a Water Dancer. It makes so much more sense that she would remain true to what her dad and Jon gave her, and it frames up the entire House of Black and White training as something that's just not right for her but still proves who she really is. It would fucking explain Jaqen's hint of smile when she declares that she's going back to Westeros.

Fuck whoever is writing the show now. They just don't understand it or care about it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm disappointed that Arya didn't steal a bunch of faces and at least learn how to change faces. That's what I was expecting with that ending. For Jaqen to walk into the halls and see all the faces missing except for one, the Waif. That would have been amazing. But I loved the ending nonetheless, if not for the lack of believability in Arya barely being able to move and then suddenly having full strength. Also found it cheesy for her to win by killing the light. I just assumed all faceless men went through that training and learned how to fight without their eyes. So the implied advantage Arya had in the darkness was a bit much. I just put it down to the Waif's cockiness.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Water dancing skill pairs well with Dark Seer ability, so she had better buffs than the Waifs lvl 3 rage.

I dunno I guess you can salvage the Arya story arc by putting a few things into perspective.

First of all, she has been set up as someone who is extraordinary when it comes to archery, being framed as a tomboy, someone who wants to wear armor and become a fighter. This was established in S1 EP1.

Then in Kings Landing, she is mentored by the 1st sword of braavos and was training to not only dance with her sword, but was gaining agility chasing cats etc. This shouldnt be overlooked as they have put some weight behind it when she secures her first kill later.

Next she is exposed to the worse possible thing watching her father get beheaded. They made it even more impactful by having Ned acknowledge her before he died. Not only that but is introduced to some really rotten types on her way to the wall, once again horrified by seeing her friends killed, yet by this point it seems to only harden her and drives her to purpose. She ends up learning a thing or two from Tywin, before witnessing a faceless man ply his trade for her benefit, which leads to her perhaps most important part of her story arc imo.

Meeting The Hound. Sandor showed Arya the world is not black and white. Her list means a lot to her but most times in the world things arent what they seem, and their partnership ends with her coming to that realization. She was also spending time with one of the greatest fighters in Westeros, experiences she will never forget.

Whats more crazy is she could of went with Brienne, and she would of completed her training, or added to it whichever way you want to look at it. But she didnt, she uses her coin from Hagar to get to Braavos.

So this arc is probably one of the longest ones in this show, focused on character progression. We have to take the faceless men training with a caveat that she was already somewhat of a young prodigy/badass before she ever got to Braavos and was already exposed to horrible things at Harrenhall etc. So basically all that training was not for nothing, it just added to her arsenal. Think about it, she can potentially use faceless men trick, she apparently moves like spiderman and has very powerful mind over matter capabilities or is also wolverine. Shes a water dancer, she has blind fight training, she has stealth training. I mean, she is well set up to be a fucking force, we just thought that would take place amongst the house of b&w as a fm but she will ply her trade is westeros instead, where the payoff will be much larger and much more meaningful.

Anyone who thinks she is still a sweet girl are in for a rude awakening eyes gouged out style. She likes doing that doesnt she?

Cybsled

She doesn't even need the faces. So long as no one recognizes her, she is still essentially "no one" if she heads back home.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Thought the episode was great except for the fact Arya took so many stab wounds and lived so easily. It would have been much more believable if the previous episode didn't show so many jabs. Also, why would the waif still be looking for Arya if she "confirmed the kill". Or Was she sent to finish the job killing Lady Crane, THEN noticed Arya was still alive? This episode glosses over that, no surprised expression or anything. It would have made a lot more sense if Arya took like 1 stab or scrape, jumped in the moat, and the Waif had cause to believe she wasn't dead yet.

The Arya/FM storyline is just so convoluted and I'm glad it's over. There will probably be no payoff. She already killed people when with the hound. We could have easily believed she'd kill future people without needing the training of the FM.

Other then that, rest of the episode was pretty good. Riverrun siege a little disappointing since there was no fight and didn't see Blackfish die, but it's same shit when Daenerys was taking cities so easily. Can't have so many drawn out battles on TV. That said, it's still semi-believable in that Jaime just wants to get back to Cersei and Edmure chose to believe him to save some men.

Tommen is being setup as the exact opposite of Joffrey. He wants peace at whatever cost. Too immature/ignorant to know what the fuck is happening, and will likely be killed this season, leaving King's Landing in shambles (who would take the throne next?) and ready to be invaded easily by Daenerys next Season. Also fulfills the prophecy that all Cersei's children die.

Hound is great. Really missed him. It was shitty writing that some Brotherhood men went rogue just to pull the Hound back into the story. Really forced writing. Seems like it could have been done much more eloquently. Whatever, seeing him tear apart the men was still fun.

Hopefully Greyjoys vs Masters is decent and not glossed over too fast. I want to see a great TV naval battle. I'm sure the winterfell battle will be decent. All Ep.9s have been really good, but don't skimp on the naval battle. We've already seen so many land battles, lets get at least 1 great naval battle on TV.

With Bran/Arya heading toward Winterfell and Daenerys surely on her way to King's Landing by Ep.10, I'm already pumped for Season 7.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Well I'm glad the terrible Arya theories in this thread were wrong, but I'm sad that it all ended up being a waste of time. Other than the Arya storyline and another lame Tyrion/Greyworm/Missandei scene, I enjoyed this episode. I love the idea of Sandor being with The Brotherhood. That would make an awesome spinoff story in itself.