GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Kais

<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_135988.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
It hasn't been winter in Westeros for decades for one thing.
Yeah, I get that. But you know infant mortality is high up there. It'll take 12-15 years at least for them to get a productive generation. That's just bare minimum. Lets say it's even 100 years since the last winter and even 500 since the last time the zombies came out. If those zombies are an existential threat... I don't know that even if they missed one small tribe if the population can rebound into the 10,000 that mance was leading.

It just, it just doesn't make an awful lot of sense if you stop to think about it.

Caliane

Yeah, I get that. But you know infant mortality is high up there. It'll take 12-15 years at least for them to get a productive generation. That's just bare minimum. Lets say it's even 100 years since the last winter and even 500 since the last time the zombies came out. If those zombies are an existential threat... I don't know that even if they missed one small tribe if the population can rebound into the 10,000 that mance was leading.

It just, it just doesn't make an awful lot of sense if you stop to think about it.
worse when you consider wildling gestation. Gilly's baby is what? 12? 13 years old, and still an infant.

HUH_sl

shitlord
White Walkers have been quiet for like 8000 years. Maybe a few interactions here and there but they haven't been a threat to the Wildlings for a long ass time. Winters must suck pretty bad for them beyond the wall but they never had to deal with zombies until probably a few months or years before the start of the show.

iannis

Musty Nester
8000 years makes it make a lot more sense.

It was a really nice presentation of phlanx fighting.

That's basically how the romans murderstomped everyone 2000 years ago.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
lol @ all the Sansa-truthers thinking she engineered the whole thing precisely as it played out. It was just shit writing, plain and simple. They wanted us to think Jon and co. would lose, so they had Littlefinger show up at the last possible moment. Why didn't Littlefinger tell Sansa he was coming? Because if she has that information, she would've told Jon. If she did know, and still chose to withhold the information, why? Because then Jon would be smart and would've had them charge the moment he engaged Ramsay's army - you know, before his army was nearly fucking dead. It was artificial tension, that's it.

I'm really hoping they introduce Euron's horn. Or something besides "let's go murder them."

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Still mulling over the latest episode but I wanted to post that anyone trying to argue Jon wasn't a good swordsman a week ago can eat a bag of dicks.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Bolton troops didn't look that unskilled. In fact the Umber Bolton troops seemed pretty orderly almost veteran like.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Still mulling over the latest episode but I wanted to post that anyone trying to argue Jon wasn't a good swordsman a week ago can eat a bag of dicks.
Not sure about Jon's skill as a swordsman, but his brother is excellent at catching arrows.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
8000 years makes it make a lot more sense.

It was a really nice presentation of phlanx fighting.

That's basically how the romans murderstomped everyone 2000 years ago.
Yeah how convenient that they had a large infantry force trained in a obsolete fighting style that would have been useless against any other armed force in Westeros. I mean seriously, you were nitpicking the wildlings being able to survive north of the wall, but you're down with a phalanx?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
A phalanx with shields and spears wouldn't have been much use against armored knights would it? Like.. most of the armed forces of Westeros?

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
lol @ all the Sansa-truthers thinking she engineered the whole thing precisely as it played out. It was just shit writing, plain and simple. They wanted us to think Jon and co. would lose, so they had Littlefinger show up at the last possible moment. Why didn't Littlefinger tell Sansa he was coming? Because if she has that information, she would've told Jon. If she did know, and still chose to withhold the information, why? Because then Jon would be smart and would've had them charge the moment he engaged Ramsay's army - you know, before his army was nearly fucking dead. It was artificial tension, that's it.

I'm really hoping they introduce Euron's horn. Or something besides "let's go murder them."
Idk how we handle spoilers from book 6 in this thread but Euron is up to some really really crazy shit. He's competent Ramsay with a dash of magic and a bigger range.