GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't have a chip on my shoulder, I didn't even like the books that much. Or rather, 4 and 5 were so mediocre that it ruined the first three for me. The writing, quite simply, has gone to complete and total shit this season, and I doubt it's a coincidence that it also happens to be the first season that they don't have the books to follow.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think I have figured out how Euron is going to out despicable Joffery and Ramsay. Euron the queen slayer he will likely end up killing most of the the great houses women leaders next season.

The seven kingdoms are in disarray if he can get say a 10.000 man army togeather he can raid most of the seven kingdom from the sea with impunity.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I honestly don't think they're capable of writing a character to compete with the level of villain of some of the past ones. The intentions are too transparent so it will be a complete "Grrrr! I'm a bad guy! And I'm going to do bad guy things! Because thats what us bad guys do! Bad guy things!" instead of the subtlety of the vileness of Joff or the depth of sociopath of Ramsey.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
...subtlety...Joff...
rrr_img_135979.jpg

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Euron would almost certainly be more 3 dimensional villain. At least in the book's he's drug addled with that blue shit the warlocks drink. Would be cool to see him lose his mind. I really hate the guy they cast as him and how they lamed the character down so much. FFS give him an eye patch. Idk maybe I'm just butthurt we didn't get Victarion.

Tenks

You're probably right subtle isn't the right word for Joff. I'm having issues coming up with how I'd describe him outside of the world's worst spoiled brat. Personally I more loved to hate Joff than really hated him like my wife. I thought as a character he was pretty hilarious with all the shit he was pulling on Sansa.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Euron likely can't top Joffery and Ramsay with men but he can really yank the women folks chain by killing a few of the female characters plus some raping and plundering.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Well if Bran makes it back to winterfell, isn't he the rightful heir outside the lannister bullshit? Jamie will make it back to kingslanding, cersi tries to use wildfire and he kills her. The king dies and Jamie takes over as king due to all lannisters and the Baratheon line is dead or so people think. Gendry comes floating into the bay due to being trapped by the tides for 2 seasons.

I'm half kidding. Jamie becomes king one way or another with cersi's death.

And Jon sticks it in Sansa.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
with only one season to work with, Euron is gonna have to pull some heinous shit to get painted as a big bad comparable to earlier ones.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Book Euron is the first villain (who is man not a WW) who has embraced/taken advantage of magic and gone great lengths to use it to his advantage. He thinks nothing of blood sacrifices and is not even remotely conflicted about it (like Stannis). Blatantly ignores all the laws of Gods and Men (kinslaying, not giving a shit about his own bastards, removing peoples tongues who work for him on the regular). Has been to Valyria/has magical relics and whatever.

He is necessary to "ramp up" our protagonists to the true scope of an unbarred supernatural threat. They'll actually believe that supernatural threats are real. We're in season 6 of 8 with 15 episodes remaining and the vast majority of the characters still find the idea that the WW even exist to be ludicrous.

I think the idea is that Joff and Ramsay were terriblemenand Euron is a bit more than that. They'd have to turn him around in the show a lot and I hope they do. But something silly is going to have to go on because there is outright NOTHING in the show presently that can contest Dany at all. Especially now that Yara and Theon warned Dany of Euron's nature and she can now avoid his bullshit. Barring an, "a wizard did it!" type of scenario at this point.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Look at how crazy people got over the Ramsay scene with Sansa. That was way less heinous than flaying and cutting off someone's genitals. All it will take is a couple some what brutal scenes against some noble ladies or children and he rockets right to the top of the hit list.

If Euron has the horn he could use her dragons to wipe out a lot of the deus ex army she has.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Or he uses the horn to force her to marry him or under his control. What mother wouldn't do anything to save her children?!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
He's going to have to. I am confident they'll be introducing the Dragon Horn next season. They probably didn't this season because there was no way to work it into the Theon/Yara adventure to Meereen like he had done with Victarion in the book. Introducing him as Captain Dick Jokes was lame though.

Tenks

He's going to have to. I am confident they'll be introducing the Dragon Horn next season. They probably didn't this season because there was no way to work it into the Theon/Yara adventure to Meereen like he had done with Victarion in the book. Introducing him as Captain Dick Jokes was lame though.
Or Euron isn't very important in this telling of the story which is why they're painting him as kind of an idiot and certainly not a force

khalid

Unelected Mod
So how do we think House Frey is going to get fucked over? I think most of us expect it to happen, but they seem to be sitting pretty high right now. In the books, they had some of them get fucked over by White Harbor and some of their soldiers were going to get fucked over when Ramsay fell. A handful of them got killed by the BoB, but not that many.

I can't really see a justification for Jaime to do something to them, but looking at the previews for next week, there seems to be a Frey dinner. Guess they are waiting for next season for that?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So how do we think House Frey is going to get fucked over? I think most of us expect it to happen, but they seem to be sitting pretty high right now. In the books, they had some of them get fucked over by White Harbor and some of their soldiers were going to get fucked over when Ramsay fell. A handful of them got killed by the BoB, but not that many.

I can't really see a justification for Jaime to do something to them, but looking at the previews for next week, there seems to be a Frey dinner. Guess they are waiting for next season for that?
I would think with the Stark banner restored to Winterfell and Bolton defeated, the rest of the North will rally behind Sansa/Jon, and I have no doubt that dishing out punishment to the Freys would be at the top of the To Do list.

xzi

Mouthbreather
There lies a question though with the Starks back in Winterfell, what do they do with the houses that betrayed them?

I mean, how at no point did those houses think "Hey maybe shooting arrows into our own men is kind of fucked up" and didn't decide to join Jon is beyond me.