GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
If Littlefinger would've shown up early with the Knights of the Vale, and Ramsay knew they were there, he never would've left the damn castle, and it would've taken them months, if not years, to retake Winterfell, plus cost them a shit ton of men. People keep saying that Sansa is dumb for not telling Jon about Littlefinger coming to help, but it was actually a brilliant tactical move. It got Ramsay and his entire army outside of the castle walls because Ramsay didn't think there was any real threat. Plus, Sansa gets the added bonus of having thousands of wildlings killed in the process (you know, the north's enemy for centuries). Just because Jon befriended the Wildlings, doesn't mean Sansa did. People who think Sansa is stupid need to get a fucking clue. The only reason the siege on her old home worked was because of her intelligence.
Yeah, fuck letting Jon in on the plan. He literally asked Sansa for any plan. He was open to anything better than what he had. Let's assume LF's army was there, waiting juuuuuust outside of Ramsay's vision. Sansa tells Jon, "hey LF's army is here to wreck shop once Ramsay's army charges your forces." Jon has option 1.) good plan Sansa, as soon as Ramsay charges, signal for LF to demolish Ramsay's pikemen before too many of my men, including the possibility of me, Jon, your fucking blood relative, die horrible horrible deaths, or 2.) nah, fuck that noise, I like my not-a-goddamn-plan better. When you do inevitably save my ass, make sure it's at the last possible moment so that we can max out my chances of dying a horrible horrible death.

I think we know which choice Jon is going with.

Yeah, but let's not tell Jon. GREAT PLAN SANSA, BRILLIANT TACTICAL PLAN

Sansa has no beef with the wildlings. They are people that about to risk their lives in the process of taking down the guy that raped her. Do you understand how human motivation works?

iannis

Musty Nester
Hopefully all of them, tbh, and next season is about the internal politics of team ice necromonger.

And hopefully there's no spoken lines. The entire thing is done with hand gesture and menacing stares.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Thought it was one of the best episodes they've put out, come here to find a bunch of nerds raging at how bad it was.

Never change, Rerolled.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully all of them, tbh, and next season is about the internal politics of team ice necromonger.

And hopefully there's no spoken lines. The entire thing is done with hand gesture and menacing stares.
w8dY5.gif

iannis

Musty Nester
It looked really nice, but you do have to admit John had plot armor and behaved extremely stupidly.

It was pretty good for a don't think about it too hard action movie. It was actually pretty damn great for that. I think the nerds kinda wanted shit to make more sense.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well they can always read the books when/if they come out. I mean everyone knows HBO is ahead of the books so they are going to suck it up and deal, are there some plot holes and skimmed over shit. Yep.. Is it still one of the best series on TV? Why yes it is even with all the nerdraging.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It looked really nice, but you do have to admit John had plot armor and behaved extremely stupidly.

It was pretty good for a don't think about it too hard action movie. It was actually pretty damn great for that. I think the nerds kinda wanted shit to make more sense.
i dont think you have to be a nerd to want things to make sense. granted it was probably the most visually stunning episode of this show ever. didnt make a lick of sense. sansa has been in contact with littlefinger because its the only way the forces from the vale would know that jon was going to storm winterfell on that day. otherwise that would indicate that LF was chilling with his forces nearby for weeks over there. nobody noticed several thousand knights riding around? either it was all part of a plan or its the most ridiculous coincidence on this show. i wonder if jon and everyone else was meant to die in that plan or just mostly everyone?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I honestly don't see how this can resolve itself in one more season. Dany isn't even in Westeros yet nor have the White Walkers made it past the wall.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Thought it was 2 seasons left?

But yeah, whole episode was bullshit. Visually it was impressive, but I was just groaning the whole way through. Can't be fucked speculating why, but the quality of the show has really tanked.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
This!!!

It was the best thing I've ever seen on TV. Fudge the haters.
This. Totally agree it was one of the best things on TV I have ever seen.

Most of the (good) characters in this show are selfish pricks, so I am kind of hoping Sansa turns into the ice queen of the North, and does away with Jon Snow.

All the good guys die in Game of Thrones anyways
smile.png

Brad2770

Ockham's Razor-

Everything plays out as it did up until the next morning. The Vale's army approaches as Jon's army and Ramsey's army duke it out. They don't notice. Sansa notices from afar and rides out to meet Littlefinger.

That's how I took it.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Ockham's Razor-

Everything plays out as it did up until the next morning. The Vale's army approaches as Jon's army and Ramsey's army duke it out. They don't notice. Sansa notices from afar and rides out to meet Littlefinger.

That's how I took it.
And that is reality, any raven wouldn't make it to them. Any rider would have been noticed by everyone.

It isn't Sansa playing some game it is LF doing so by showing up as a savior both to impress and to conserve his army from losses. No way in hell was he going to ride in the day before and take orders from Jon.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seems like this is going to be par the course from here on out. Plenty of cool, awesome cinematography.

But with all reason discarded.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Yep, turn up that suspension of disbelief.

Anyways, three people are supposed to die next episode; one this past ep: Rickon, I don't think Wun Wun counts. I think Tommen is the most likely to go followed by the High Sparrow. The third is a tossup of Cersei, Margaery, Loras, and Lancel.

Also in the finale, there'll be a showdown between Davos and Melisandre. I was briefly considering Melisandre dying, but I don't think that'll happen. Her prophecy has finally come true, her champion has taken Winterfell and beat the Boltons. Question is, what is she going to do now? She's tried to seduce Jon before, but that wasn't happening (idiot). But she was right, her problem now though is she has no followers, no one willing to do crazy shit for her ideas. I guess I just don't want to see another season where she's just a camp follower. They need to bring her back big next season.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Like I said at the start of this season, consider this all fan fic, where only the most major of plot points will probably sync up with the books, and treat the books as canon. Your enjoyment of the show will increase dramatically when you let go and realize Martin hasn't actually written any of this yet, and the producers, directors and writers are all flying solo now.