GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's on the assumption three eyed raven and Benhands are acting on behalf of some benevolent force and not the Others.
lol?

I supposed the Children of the Forest were in on the conspiracy too? I mean it's not like they apologized, died protecting Bran, and have been actively trying to prevent the Others from extinguishing all life in the World for the last 10,000 years.

Instead of the Great Northern Lord Conspiracy, it's the Children of the Forest/Coldhands/Hodor/3-Eyed Raven/JFK assassination/Benjen Stark conspiracy.

Thanks for fulfilling the new thread title.

Show should air at the same time it always does, April. One of the reasons they are going to shorter seasons (besides only having 13-15 hours of story left to tell) is the production is so massive now it would take well over a year to film 10 episodes. They've barely came in on time the last 2 seasons, still adding CGI and post production all the way up til the day the shows air.
There's not a single book reader who doesn't think Sam's horn isn't the Horn of Winter. Show fans who haven't even touched the novels, I can understand, but it's all there if you just read.

And I guess we'll be seeing a lot of CGI. This kind of lends credence to the fact we're going to probably see Ice Dragons, or a large naval battle and probably a combination of the two.

Seeing so many GoT stars in B-movies now. Kit Harrington MI-5. Sophie Turner in some movie about her dead twin sister. Ygritte in a random Vin Diesel movie that sucked. They need to stop casting them, and start casting the guy who played Stannis.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
lol?

I supposed the Children of the Forest were in on the conspiracy too? I mean it's not like they apologized, died protecting Bran, and have been actively trying to prevent the Others from extinguishing all life in the World for the last 10,000 years.

Instead of the Great Northern Lord Conspiracy, it's the Children of the Forest/Coldhands/Hodor/3-Eyed Raven/JFK assassination/Benjen Stark conspiracy.

There's not a single book reader who doesn't think Sam's horn isn't the Horn of Winter. Show fans who haven't even touched the novels, I can understand, but it's all there if you just read.

And I guess we'll be seeing a lot of CGI. This kind of lends credence to the fact we're going to probably see Ice Dragons, or a large naval battle and probably a combination of the two.
That's hilarious honestly.

You know the first time I saw the "Sam's horn is the horn of winter" theory?

When I posted it, myself, in this thread, 5? years ago.

I'm not saying nobody else had that idea or anything, but it didn't appear on any asoiaf wiki, fan page, blog, etc. not at that time. I remember getting tons of shit for the theory too. So cool, now that's the #1 theory I suppose. My contribution to ASOIAF fandom. no autographs please.

It's one thing to say "I think that's how the wall will fall in the books, if they are ever written"

It's another to understand that there is only 13-15 hours of content left to film to complete the saga, and recognize that the TV show may just go another way. It may even be some lame as "mark of the NK" thing bran did it nonsense. doesn't matter. the wall is going to come down.

But all this euron nonsense? the autism is strong with you. Yes I read the aeron "preview" chapter, not really a preview, just something else that was cut out of dance. recognize it for what it is. the midway point of a side story of a side character to pass time and fill in the 5 year gap.

It's both shit writing and shit television to have your "big bad" show up for the first time and get introduced 80% of the way through your saga. Euron was a foil to set the ironborn on a certain path. He did that, in the show, and in the books. He isn't going to be king of fucking westeros. he doesn't shoot lightning bolts out his ass. He does drink a lot of shade of the evening and is basically tripping balls all the time. He isn't a reliable narrator, neither is his brother who he is force feeding acid.

I've laid out my speculation on what will occur in seasons 7 and 8, for the final 13-15 hours of television.

If you wanna debate book stuff, there's a thread for that. But if you think what you've predicted is going to occur in the final 13-15 hours of television, walk me through it. paint me a mental storyboard on how all that shit happens in 13-15 hours. So far your storyboard doesn't even have dany arriving until theirs 6 hours left of tv? She wastes a whole season on the water fighting euron, or losing her dragons to them, or getting married to him, or something? she's wastes a season fighting yet another "monster of the week" basically. You're saying, she'll spend 60% of the remaining screen time before she's even here and ready to do shit? and then 4-5 hours left of the show, the wall finally comes down? Ok so you think the final battle occurs basically at castle black or something, and the realms of men are not threatened, they barely make it into the north until the war begins? Why bother bringing down the wall then, they could just as easily have the war on the other side of the wall.

Woolygimp

I disagree strongly with everything regarding Lightbringer.

Dawn & Morning both bring Light. The Sword was forged from a fallen comet has been around since the Age of Heroes. Valyrian Steel could only be made much later. House Dayne is the oldest house in Westeros, and has an office called "Sword of the Morning" in which only those worthy can wield Dawn.

The last Sword of the Morning died exactly when Jon was born, Dawn at his bedside, under a "fallen star". There are no candidates for another Sword of the Morning, and there's something to be said about keeping this Sword here.

rrr_img_136356.png

That's the furthest location from the Wall in Westeros. Starfall.

I've toyed with the idea that Lightbringer isn't actually a sword. But no, just like I said earlier this is representative of Narsil and the Stewardship of Gondor. The Sword of the Morning was only to hold and maintain the sword, and now that Azor Azai was born there has been no need for another. Nor will there likely be one in the future, since House Dayne isn't exactly in great shape as far as young heirs.

Woolygimp

That's hilarious honestly.

You know the first time I saw the "Sam's horn is the horn of winter" theory?

When I posted it, myself, in this thread, 5? years ago.

I'm not saying nobody else had that idea or anything, but it didn't appear on any asoiaf wiki, fan page, blog, etc. not at that time. I remember getting tons of shit for the theory too. So cool, now that's the #1 theory I suppose. My contribution to ASOIAF fandom. no autographs please.

It's one thing to say "I think that's how the wall will fall in the books, if they are ever written"

It's another to understand that there is only 13-15 hours of content left to film to complete the saga, and recognize that the TV show may just go another way. It may even be some lame as "mark of the NK" thing bran did it nonsense. doesn't matter. the wall is going to come down.

But all this euron nonsense? the autism is strong with you. Yes I read the aeron "preview" chapter, not really a preview, just something else that was cut out of dance. recognize it for what it is. the midway point of a side story of a side character to pass time and fill in the 5 year gap.

It's both shit writing and shit television to have your "big bad" show up for the first time and get introduced 80% of the way through your saga. Euron was a foil to set the ironborn on a certain path. He did that, in the show, and in the books. He isn't going to be king of fucking westeros. he doesn't shoot lightning bolts out his ass. He does drink a lot of shade of the evening and is basically tripping balls all the time. He isn't a reliable narrator, neither is his brother who he is force feeding acid.

I've laid out my speculation on what will occur in seasons 7 and 8, for the final 13-15 hours of television.

If you wanna debate book stuff, there's a thread for that. But if you think what you've predicted is going to occur in the final 13-15 hours of television, walk me through it. paint me a mental storyboard on how all that shit happens in 13-15 hours. So far your storyboard doesn't even have dany arriving until theirs 6 hours left of tv? She wastes a whole season on the water fighting euron, or losing her dragons to them, or getting married to him, or something? she's wastes a season fighting yet another "monster of the week" basically. You're saying, she'll spend 60% of the remaining screen time before she's even here and ready to do shit? and then 4-5 hours left of the show, the wall finally comes down? Ok so you think the final battle occurs basically at castle black or something, and the realms of men are not threatened, they barely make it into the north until the war begins? Why bother bringing down the wall then, they could just as easily have the war on the other side of the wall.
The War with the Others are only going to take 7 episodes at the maximum, likely much less. There can only be so many battles that last for an hour, or so much shit. The Others don't speak. They won't explain their plans, or waste time, they'll just march South killing everything. You really think that's going to fill a full season, seriously? Watching them sack castle after castle, city after city, army after army? No, we'll see a few failures/losses and then the rest will happen off screen with dramatic tension amongst the survivors boiling until Jon is able to retrieve Dawn and activate it and win.

The Great War will not last nearly as many episodes as you seem to think. It'll start in S8, and end in S8. I think S8 will also explain the lore, the mysteries, and confirm the theories that we've suspected for a very long time.

S7 will be entirely about Euron Greyjoy vs Daenaerys, the full collapse of the Lannisters, and Sansa/Littlefinger vs Jon, and further destruction to the Seven Kingdoms.

Daenaerys isn't keeping an army of 400,000+ and 3 dragons without some foil. The fucking Lannisters only have perhaps 25,000 men left. Seriously? Edmure now controls the Riverlands, the Stormlands will not back Cersei, so basically she has Casterly Rock and the West to call upon. Not a very large force now. People won't start working together until S8.

The Wall will fall in the Finale and we'll all be like holy shit what just happened.

When I first read the books, I instantly thought the Horn of Winter was the horn found by Sam. The waking the giants being earthquakes makes so much sense, and yeah someone else first theorized that. It's by far the most likely explanation. It makes it clear as day as to why something that would bring down the Wall would even exist in the first place. It was the first WMD made by the Children.

Woolygimp

Pretty sure he's either still in the Frey dungeons or on his way to Casterly Rock.
He's in the Frey dungeon, but the Frey's are gone. If Edmure wasn't going to return to Lord over the Riverlands, then he'd have been killed off. No reason to think Arya, or his wife, won't release him now.

The Lannisters are literally completely alone and isolated now. There isn't a single Kingdom which will support them.

The North, Vale, and soon to be Riverlands are in open revolt in the North, the Iron Islands are also doing their own thing, and two Kingdoms in the South are supporting Daenaerys. The Stormlands remain, but we'll probably see Gendry or someone show up. That aside, nobody is going to rush to support Cersei Lannister now.

Even if she still had the Stormlands, West, and Riverlands... all three, especially the Riverlands/Stormlands don't have much in the way of remaining Knights/soldiers. The Vale, Reach, and Dorne are the only three armies that really haven't participated in the wars.

Danaerys has to have a powerful antagonist to make up the majority of S7. If it's not Euron, then who? Even if you were to say the North, Stormlands, Riverlands, Iron Islands, and the West were to be united and not wartorn, they'd still have trouble facing off against Dorne/Reach/Unsullied/200,000+ Dothraki, and 3 dragons.

When Robb called his banners, he got what? 20,000 men? I'm of the mind that the nearly naked Dothraki are really outmatched by the armored Westerosi Knights. George has always been realistic when it comes to armor, at least kind of. In real life, platemail was nearly impenetrable. Mail was used for nearly 1,500 years, so it was a very effective armor as well.

At the battle of Stamford Bridge, the superior Viking infantry (supposedly the best army in Europe) was massacred by the Saxons because they had left their armor on their ships, not expecting the Harold Godwinson's army to be nearby. The victory over the Vikings is given entirely to the fact that they were almost completely unarmored. The few Vikings guarding the ships grabbed their mail, and ran to the battlefield killing a lot of Saxons, even though they were almost completely exhausted by the run (some are said to have died from exhaustion). Had they been armored, England would likely be much different today.

There just aren't many soldiers in Westeros left, especially Knights.

HUH_sl

shitlord
Next Frey in line will just take Walder's spot. Arya shit is crazy and poorly written but it isn't that bad. There are a shit ton of Freys at the twins and what I assume are a lot of guards. She killed her target and got out of there. Edmure was probably sent to Casterly Rock as Jamie promised as soon as Jamie and his forces left the Twins.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
iirc the Knightriders of the Rohirrimvale are the first time we've seen plate armor in any substantial quantity in the show. In fact, by the standards of what we've seen in Westeros, it's completely ridiculous that the vale knights were so heavily armored. The only people who consistently wear heavy plate in the show are Jorah, Brienne, and the Kingsguard. Most of the people wearing 'plate' are just wearing breastplates on top of chain, or leather supplemented with plate pieces. For example, Robb wore leather with a gorget and light plate arms. The Hound does something similar but with brigandine. The vast majority of the armor shown on the show is leather, not steel.

Woolygimp

iirc the Knightriders of the Rohirrimvale are the first time we've seen plate armor in any substantial quantity in the show. In fact, by the standards of what we've seen in Westeros, it's completely ridiculous that the vale knights were so heavily armored. The only people who consistently wear heavy plate in the show are Jorah, Brienne, and the Kingsguard. Most of the people wearing 'plate' are just wearing breastplates on top of chain, or leather supplemented with plate pieces. For example, Robb wore leather with a gorget and light plate arms. The Hound does something similar but with brigandine. The vast majority of the armor shown on the show is leather, not steel.
Armor is ridiculously expensive to make. Hollywood usually just casts some sort of synthetic material and paints it silver, but it's quite noticeable. Kingdom of Heaven (Director's Cut) is probably my favorite historical epic as Ridley Scott always goes for realism. You can tell that the armor used is at least metal, if not authentic. The Director's Cut is one of the best movies I've ever seen, but the Theatrical Release is like a 5/10 at best. I've never seen a movie get so fucked up due to executives wanting to "trim" it down for action.

The Knights of Gondor (2003 LotR) were obviously wearing some sort of painted plastic as you can see it bend, much like the soldiers of the Reach we saw this season when they marched to the Sept. That shit was fake as hell.

I'd argue that the show really isn't indicative of what's represented in Martin's lore, it's just that they obviously can't allocate millions to purchase/make authentic props for hundreds of people.

Ned often never had more than a leather brigantine, but to be fair it, even layered linen armor is far more effective than you think since most of the strikes you take in a fight are glancing and scratches, not full force swings.

I did read a story of an archeological dig where the Vikings attacked a fairly rich settlement, and the defenders were pretty well armored, and one of the graves showed a body where a man (wearing mail) had both legs cleaved clean off by a side swipe from a Greataxe. They went on to note that such a heavy wound, through mail, was highly, highly irregular and that the victim was likely hit with a tremendous amount of force.

Vikings were renowned for size and strength, I mean there's one who lifted a a 1,500lb log until it broke his broke. Coincidentally, the guy playing the mountain tried this very same feat (albeit under vastly different circumstances, such as supporting safety beams).
The Mountain tries to break Orm Storolfson's record, in which he carried the 1433 pound mast of his ship single handedly for five steps.
This shit is almost unbelievable. That thing would take eight extremely strong men to carry.
Not only did Bj?rnsson walk two steps further than his Viking predecessor, but according to the Icelandic legend, the original warrior needed a team of 50 men to get the log on his back.
The myth of the longbow really bothers me more than anything, because if anything was a danger to an armored Knight it was a crossbow which was far more capable of piercing contemporary armors. So anyway, as with with things not all mail, and not all plate was equal. It all depended on the ore, the skill of the smith, the technology, etc. There's several accounts from Richard's Crusade (from Saracens) saying that the Knights would ride around with literally a porcupine amount of arrows sticking into their armor, yet with no injury. I mean there was plate that was routinely worn to stop musketballs.

Richard the I's crusaders fighting unharmed with arrows sticking out of their mail (chain) like feathers.
The Romans invented platemail at the zenith of their Empire, and it's disappearance coincidences with the Antonine Plague. (Smallpox) So many people died, that it caused the end of Pax Romana, lots of knowledge was lost, and this started the death spiral of the WRE.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Here's how this series will end based on an interview with GRRM. Although GRRM hasn't finished the ending, and there will be changes to divert from the show he recently said that he was heavily inspired by Tolkein, especially the final and often forgotten/misinterpreted final act of LotR, "The Scouring of the Shire."

Tolkein was an environmentalist who lamented how rustic farm layed back farm life was destroyed by industrialization. He saw horses turn into automobiles, green pastures get paved over, and fought in the Battle of the Somme which is represented Mordor. Now, the Shire is supposed to be paradise, and yet these hobbits return home to find it, "worse than Mordor." Saruman has taken power, and the hobbits become destructive towards both themselves and the Shire itself, often only motivated by greed or power. Something that the hobbits previously never displayed. Paradise lost.

Now, the series is ultimately about man's self destructive nature. We see this in the prehistory as the CotF are in harmony with it, but men come and start destroying them and the world itself. Much like the Ents who are resigned to Fangle(whatever the fuck) Forest, the CotF are forced to try and stop the spread of men and their destruction. They create supernatural weapons (The Horn of Winter), but even that doesn't do it. They then create the White Walkers. The CotF who, like the hobbits, were initially benign and living in paradise have inherited the traits of man, and in doing so have created something that destroys life itself.

That's all the Others are. They are 'Death'. They don't speak. They have no notions of power, control, or anything except the inevitable destruction of anything that lives or breathes.

So ultimately, this series is about the self destructive nature of men, but will end in a "small victory." The story resonates with how mankind bickers, fights, and kills, even with the most dangerous of oncoming calamities. We are basically doing the surrendering to Death (the WW's) before they've even invaded. When they do arrive, the Seven Kingdoms are going to be in ashes. King's Landing will be destroyed, all the major armies smashed.

Then when almost everyone and everything is dead and there is no hope, Azor Azai will wield Lightbringer (which is Dawn). Dawn brings "light" and was made before men knew how to make Valyrian steel. It's the most special sword in the series, held by the most ancient house in Westeros, in one of the places furthest from the Wall. The Dayne's "Sword of the Morning" office is really like the stewardship of Gondor, they keep, maintain, and wield the sword. Arthur Dayne (the last Sword of the Morning) dies EXACTLY when Jon Snow is born, and there hasn't been another since. This is significant.

-->So Jon Snow is the Prince that was Promised and Dawn will be his weapon. You know, kind of like Aragon getting Narsil and summoning an undead army to save the day.

Pure speculation based on Martin's comments, but I think after AA saves the day he'll do something unprecedented. Since the likely person (Jon) he was heavily influenced by Mance and the Freefolk, I think he dismantles the broken Westerosi society and people live "free" like the wildlings. We already see this in Essos where Dany instructs Daario to let the cities of Dragon's Bay elect their own leaders, but I'm not entirely sure that Essos will remain untouched. Then there's the line Arya speaks talking about sailing to the West of Westeros. Just seemed like an extremely weird "throwaway" line.

Previous post:

5. King's Landing and the "Iron Throne" everyone has been fighting for are destroyed by men, not the Others. We already saw the throne room completely destroyed in a vision of Winter. The Other's kill people. They don't give two fucks about pulling down bricks.

6. Fuck, skip this one.

7. The Others will have an Ice Dragon. In the books, they'll have Giants, Direwolves, Bears, and basically every single thing that's dead and hasn't been burned. Show has a CGI budget, but they'll include the Dragon. We'll see Ice Dragons, count it. If Dany's dragons are grounded and die... yeah. But they likely already may start with at least one, or that's what most fans think. We'll see when the Horn of Winter is blown.

8. Don't expect Daeny's dragons to be ultimate anti-White Walker weapons. In the books, they can't fly in storms. White Walkers bring...storms.

9. Euron sums himself up to the Lord of Harlaw by telling him, ?I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last.?. Wuh woh. He seems very similar to the White Walkers themselves in the books, this guy is all about magic, but for the wrong reasons.

10. There's something significant about the Direwolves. Sansa not having hers, and her habits from the first book, point to her not being a typical Stark, and we'll likely see conflict between her and Jon. He'll D&D have basically come out and said, "Sansa and Jon probably won't get along." /hint hint.

11. Littlefinger plays a bigger part of this story. If you think he gets offed by Sansa early in S7 you're retarded. He's got more backstory than most other characters, and although GRRM never writes a PoV for him that doesn't mean that he won't remain a major player for quite a while.

Basically, the system crushed him. He was raised with notions of valor, honor, and chivalry, and at the age of 14, he was raped by Lyssa, nearly killed by Brandon Stark in a duel, betrayed by his true love, and kicked out by his adoptive father, Hoster Tully all because he was trying to "act noble" even though he was a Lowborn. Lyssa raped him, got pregnant, and his family threw him out half dead. That's enough to fuck up anyone's life. Now whether he's trying to bring down the system or rule it is in dispute, & I know he did say he wanted to sit on the Iron Throne. But as a character, I think it'd be more interesting if he was trying to do away with "birth rights", since his destiny (up until he lost his father, love, and nearly his life) was determined almost entirely by who his parents were.

But Littlefinger's youth embodies everything that's wrong with the Feudal society that Westeros is based on. Like real life, the children of Serfs inherited the status of being a Serf. The Lowborn and Smallfolk are shit on, while the powerful few are motivated to kill and destroy driven by greed. This still happens in modern society, and I think aSoIaF will have a subtle political message, much like Tolkein & C.S. Lewis' works did. I think that message is even more important in the modern world, as we are basically destroying ourselves and fucking up the only place in the known Universe, that we as a species, can survive. Profit and power.

He's the only major character besides Jon who would be motivated to burn that shitty society down. And as I pointed out, I think that's where this is headed. I'm definitely rooting for this guy. Fuck the notion of being a Lord of half of Westeros just because your parents happened to be named Stark and you were their eldest male, who didn't die fighting Lord of fuck knows where for fuck knows what.

12. They're scouting the Canary Islands so they'll be filming Valyria. We aren't done with Essos. Perhaps Jorah's arc? If someone besides Jon, like Jorah, were Azor Azai that'd be so much more interesting. Dany would be Nissa Nissa, but I don't think they'd cast someone old enough to have a heart attack as the absolutely most integral character in the story. Jon being born right as the last Sword of the Morning dies is...pretty damn significant to be a red herring. I love Jorah... and I have no idea where his story is headed, except probably the Doom of Valyria.

13. Not sure what Sam learns from Oldtown that helps. Except he's got the equivalent of the Dr. Strangelove Cobalt bomb in his sack, and he's in an unprotected coastal city alone (hey, I'm Euron and I like magical shit and have lots of motorboats!). He also seems to be in a pretty convenient place to repair an ancient artifact should it be... broken.

And for doubters. The horn Sam finds is an auroch's horn, unadorned, which is exactly something the CotF would have made since they weren't able to work metal.

Winds of Winter Cover:

rrr_img_136344.jpg

Season 2:
Sam finds the Horn of Winter - YouTube

Chekov's motherfucking Howitzer.
I?m going to post this again.

I'm doing it because I truly think my treatment for The Silmarillion is the best one I?ve seen (and I mean that objectively; I?ve looked at many such proposals for years).

I labored over this treatment. It took me an hour to figure it out, an entirehour(ugh), to write it down in a concise and thoroughly badass manner. But the ending always eluded me. I knew it should meld with Peter Jackson?s trilogy. Yea, for it should end in ruin, but how? I asked. What was the connective tissue?

After much consideration I realized? Frodo fell into the Dead Marshes.

What happened there? What horror?

And then I had the ending.

THE SILMARILLION

Beginning as visual abstraction, or a hallucinatory film, turning into an aged and rustic tale; slowly turned into a style, by the sixth installment, familiar to that of The Lord of the Rings.
*taking place quickly, as compared to later parts.

Part I:The Darkening of Valinor
*Music of the Ainur, Iluvatar and Melko and Ea, the Valar and the Maiar and the Vision of Arda, Manwe and the wind, Ulmo and the waters, Yavanna and the growing of things, Aule and the earth
*The making of the world, the first war, Tulkas and Melkor, Almaren and the Lamps of the Valar, the Spring of Arda
*Utumno and the Iron Mountains, the feast at Almaren, the destruction of the Lamps, the marring of the world and the end of spring
*Aman and Valinor, the Pelori Mountains, Taniquetil home of Manwe and Varda Elentari, Telperion and Laurelin, the Ring of Doom, the Halls of Mandos and the other Valar, the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves and the foreshowing of the Ents
*Darkness over Middle-earth, the delving of Angband, Melkor's dominion and the hunting of Orome, Varda and the new constellations, Cuivienen and the awakening
*The breeding of Orcs, Orome's discovery of the Eldar, the shaking of the earth, the siege of Utumno and the chaining of Melkor, the Valar's summoning, Ingwe, Finwe and Elwe enter Aman
---The Sundering of the Elves and the Great Journey--- (middle of the movie)
Eldamar and the Calaquendi of Aman, King Thingol and Melian and the Elves of Beleriand
The Dwarves of Nogrod and Belegost, Durin the Deathless and Dwarrowdelf
Finwe, the Silmarils, Feanor and Fingolfin
Morgoth, Ungoliant and the darkening of Valinor
The Oath and the Kinslaying, the burning of ships and the Helcaraxe
Tilion and Arien, their vessels are prepared

Part II:The Flight of the Noldor
Years of the Sun and the Coming of Men
Dagor-nuin-Giliath the Battle under the Stars, Feanor slain by Gothmog and Balrogs, the rising of Moon and Sun, Menegroth in Doriath, the city of Nargothrond, Dagor Aglareb the Glorious Battle, the siege of Angband
The city of Gondolin, Finrod Felagund meets Beor and the first house of the Edain, Glaurung the Great Worm and the Battle of Sudden Flame or the Dagor Bragollach, Sauron's Tol-in-Gaurhoth, the fall of Fingolfin

Part III:The War of the Jewels
Hurin and Huor, Gorlim betrays Barahir, Fingon and Cirdan at Hithlum
Beren and Luthien
The wresting of one Silmaril

Part IV:The Ruin of Doriath
Nirnaeth Arnoediad
Turin Turambar, the fall of Nargothrond and the slaying of Glaurung
The Nauglamir and death of Thingol, the second Kinslaying, the fall of Doriath

Part V:The Voyage of E?rendil
The fall of Gondolin, the third Kinslaying
Earendil the Mariner
The sinking of Beleriand, the end of the age, Maedhros and Maglor's theft of the two remaining Silmarils, Morgoth's expulsion into the Void

Part VI:The Forging of the Rings
Elros Tar-Minyatur and the Numenoreans
Rivendell, Lothlorien, Khazad-dum and Eregion
Celebrimbor and Annatar, the sack of Eregion and the unveiling of Annatar

Part VII:Akallab?th
Middle-earth, the Palantiri and the Isle of Numenor
Ar-Pharazon's fleet sails into the West, the downfall of Westernesse and the changing of the world
The Last Alliance of Elves and Men (ending on the Dagorlad, before the final battle where Isildur defeats Sauron)

Woolygimp

I've read the Silmarillion and although I was much younger, I was so thoroughly confused by the massive amount of characters, the massive amounts of different sentient beings and cultures involves. Everything from the Maiar to Balrogs, to the couple dozen different cultures of elves, and even men, to what they were even fighting over, and what Tolkein was trying to say. Then all the heroes/villains and the fact that their names (especially the elves) often had very similar names.

It wasn't so much a story, but as a treatment for a possible story to me. While I did understand it, it's probably the most confusing fantasy book I've ever read.

C.S. Lewis and Tolkein had heavy influences on each other, and GRRM says they have both greatly influenced his work. Congratulations on that level of understanding of the Silmarillion though.

Peter Jackson kind of pisses me off. He's capable of pretty great looking fantasy visuals, but the horde of gold in Erebor in his last Hobbit film was so massive that it would cause hyperinflation in the Middle Earth economy, making gold completely worthless. I mean there's literally more gold in there that's been mined in the history of our planet 50x over, and Middle Earth was a much smaller, more condensed World.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I?m going to post this again.

I'm doing it because I truly think my treatment for The Silmarillion is the best one I?ve seen (and I mean that objectively; I?ve looked at many such proposals for years).

I labored over this treatment. It took me an hour to figure it out, an entirehour(ugh), to write it down in a concise and thoroughly badass manner. But the ending always eluded me. I knew it should meld with Peter Jackson?s trilogy. Yea, for it should end in ruin, but how? I asked. What was the connective tissue?

After much consideration I realized? Frodo fell into the Dead Marshes.

What happened there? What horror?

And then I had the ending.

THE SILMARILLION

Beginning as visual abstraction, or a hallucinatory film, turning into an aged and rustic tale; slowly turned into a style, by the sixth installment, familiar to that of The Lord of the Rings.
*taking place quickly, as compared to later parts.

Part I:The Darkening of Valinor
*Music of the Ainur, Iluvatar and Melko and Ea, the Valar and the Maiar and the Vision of Arda, Manwe and the wind, Ulmo and the waters, Yavanna and the growing of things, Aule and the earth
*The making of the world, the first war, Tulkas and Melkor, Almaren and the Lamps of the Valar, the Spring of Arda
*Utumno and the Iron Mountains, the feast at Almaren, the destruction of the Lamps, the marring of the world and the end of spring
*Aman and Valinor, the Pelori Mountains, Taniquetil home of Manwe and Varda Elentari, Telperion and Laurelin, the Ring of Doom, the Halls of Mandos and the other Valar, the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves and the foreshowing of the Ents
*Darkness over Middle-earth, the delving of Angband, Melkor's dominion and the hunting of Orome, Varda and the new constellations, Cuivienen and the awakening
*The breeding of Orcs, Orome's discovery of the Eldar, the shaking of the earth, the siege of Utumno and the chaining of Melkor, the Valar's summoning, Ingwe, Finwe and Elwe enter Aman
---The Sundering of the Elves and the Great Journey--- (middle of the movie)
Eldamar and the Calaquendi of Aman, King Thingol and Melian and the Elves of Beleriand
The Dwarves of Nogrod and Belegost, Durin the Deathless and Dwarrowdelf
Finwe, the Silmarils, Feanor and Fingolfin
Morgoth, Ungoliant and the darkening of Valinor
The Oath and the Kinslaying, the burning of ships and the Helcaraxe
Tilion and Arien, their vessels are prepared

Part II:The Flight of the Noldor
Years of the Sun and the Coming of Men
Dagor-nuin-Giliath the Battle under the Stars, Feanor slain by Gothmog and Balrogs, the rising of Moon and Sun, Menegroth in Doriath, the city of Nargothrond, Dagor Aglareb the Glorious Battle, the siege of Angband
The city of Gondolin, Finrod Felagund meets Beor and the first house of the Edain, Glaurung the Great Worm and the Battle of Sudden Flame or the Dagor Bragollach, Sauron's Tol-in-Gaurhoth, the fall of Fingolfin

Part III:The War of the Jewels
Hurin and Huor, Gorlim betrays Barahir, Fingon and Cirdan at Hithlum
Beren and Luthien
The wresting of one Silmaril

Part IV:The Ruin of Doriath
Nirnaeth Arnoediad
Turin Turambar, the fall of Nargothrond and the slaying of Glaurung
The Nauglamir and death of Thingol, the second Kinslaying, the fall of Doriath

Part V:The Voyage of E?rendil
The fall of Gondolin, the third Kinslaying
Earendil the Mariner
The sinking of Beleriand, the end of the age, Maedhros and Maglor's theft of the two remaining Silmarils, Morgoth's expulsion into the Void

Part VI:The Forging of the Rings
Elros Tar-Minyatur and the Numenoreans
Rivendell, Lothlorien, Khazad-dum and Eregion
Celebrimbor and Annatar, the sack of Eregion and the unveiling of Annatar

Part VII:Akallab?th
Middle-earth, the Palantiri and the Isle of Numenor
Ar-Pharazon's fleet sails into the West, the downfall of Westernesse and the changing of the world
The Last Alliance of Elves and Men (ending on the Dagorlad, before the final battle where Isildur defeats Sauron)
huh

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I want to have fun making autistic theories too!!!!!!!!

-----------SEASON 7--------------

1: Dany lands on Westeros, logically she'll hit up King's Landing first then later deal with Iron Islands if she still plans to honor her pact. This also gives time to develop Euron further into the new main antagonist. Dorne/Highgarden will be ready to assist Dany. Most of the episode will be politicking to take the city without battle.

Bran makes it past the wall. Sam reads about his horn in a random book. Jon wants to start prepping for the big battle but Sansa bickers with him because Littlefinger convinces her they need to do stuff at King's Landing again. That's where they'll get more men and Littlefinger wants the throne.

Arya runs into the Brothers and has awkward conversation with The Hound. They all merrily walk through the woods on their way toward Winterfell so they can assist with the final battle.

---

2: Euron shows up at King's Landing with 1000 ships. He makes a pact with Cersei. Bran on his way to Winterfell. Jorah in Old Town to find a cure, meets Sam. Red Witch runs into the Brothers, meets Arya again. Joins them, but she can't go North with them due to Jon's promise. Arya learns of Winterfell, needs to "get home". Leaves for Winterfell after having emotional exchange with The Hound.

Jon/Sansa/Littlefinger learn of the news from King's Landing. Littlefinger lusts for power. Thinks he can manipulate Cersei to take the throne. Rides for Winterfell with the Vale. Jon convinced to go too because all of Westeros need to unite. Convinces Sansa to stay in Winterfell because a Stark must remain.

---

3: The Battle for Kings Landing. The city burns. Cersei & Jaime are captured. The Mountain dies. A dragon is killed by Euron. Euron escapes with half his fleet. Littlefinger captured. Dorne chick with the great tits dies. Jon captured. Dany takes the burnt throne.

Bran arrives at Winterfell. Blue-balled about Bran giving Jon the news of his birth again because Jon decided to ride off to King's Landing. Emotional exchange with Sansa, however.

---

4: Cersei/Jaime exchange with Tyrion. Littlefinger exchange with Varys. Jon exchange with his Aunt Dany. Jaime kills Cersei cause she's cray and being locked up together put him over the edge. Jaime kills himself because Cersei was all he cared about. Littlefinger exposed. Robin Arryn wants to see him fly. Asha and Theon sail for the Iron Islands with some of Dany's forces. Arya arrives at Winterfell. Makes amends with Sansa. Sam/Jorah find out something important. Need to get back to the Wall.

---

5: Dany's lust for power isn't sated. She's becoming mad. Jon clues her in about the White Walkers. Dany has an affection for Jon. She wants to spread her rule across all of Westeros though. She isn't too concerned with the White Walkers right now. Euron grows in strength. He captures Theon/Asha... They're bait for the Dragon Queen.

---

6: Dany heads to the Iron Islands. Can't have any rebellious nations, need to honor pact, etc. Jon arrives back in Winterfell, gets caught up with Bran and Arya. Learns of his true heritage.

---

7: Battle for the Iron Islands. With knowledge about killing the first Dragon, Euron manages to kill another. Only Drogon lives now. Euron is then killed by Asha. Asha is killed too. Theon becomes King of the Iron Islands, sworn to Dany. Dany going more mad after each Dragon loss.

---

8: Sam and Jorah at the Wall. Jorah learns more about his Dad. Sam decides to try out his horn... oops. Wall falls. Rumbling can be heard as far as Winterfell and beyond. White Walkers grouping up.

-----------SEASON 8--------------

9: Littlefinger flies out the moon door. White Walkers take Castle Black. Their forces grow with every conquest.
10: Brothers/Red Witch/Hound meet up in Winterfell again. Huge tension with the Witch/Jon/Davos. Sam/Jorah also show up... "Hi Jon, guess what my horn did?"
11: Stuff happens.
12: Undead Army takes the North... FLEEEEEEEEEEEE.
13: Forces coalesce in King's Landing from everywhere. Jorah meets Dany again.
14: Final battle begins. Dany dies after Drogon killed. Jorah dies.
15: Jon kills the NK. Tyrion sacrifices himself. Sansa, Arya and Bran survive. Red Witch killed by Davos. Davos dies. The Hound lives. All of Westeros is covered in Winter. Starks begin the rebuilding of civilization. Sansa/Jon rule.

The End.