GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

khalid

Unelected Mod
Also, what a fucking miserable thread this is! As book fans we should be slobbering the knob of D&D for this show, its unreal the amount of quality this show puts on tv. Instead, people complain that they were "only" able to get fucking Julius Caesar for Mance and the Unsullied didn't match their mental image.

The Tywin/Tyrion scene was incredible, probably better than the book actually (and it was one of my favorite scenes of the book). It is basically the scene in my memory, but done with Dance and Dinklage. Also Joffrey was fucking great, looking like a petulant child as Margaery actually does queenly things. Really hits home how poor a job Cersei has done raising him. As for the Unsullied and Daenerys, I thought they did a great job. At no point did I wish the Unsullied looked like the men in 300 lol. What book were you guys reading? You know they are eunuchs right?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Also, what a fucking miserable thread this is! As book fans we should be slobbering the knob of D&D for this show, its unreal the amount of quality this show puts on tv. Instead, people complain that they were "only" able to get fucking Julius Caesar for Mance and the Unsullied didn't match their mental image.

The Tywin/Tyrion scene was incredible, probably better than the book actually (and it was one of my favorite scenes of the book). It is basically the scene in my memory, but done with Dance and Dinklage. Also Joffrey was fucking great, looking like a petulant child as Margaery actually does queenly things. Really hits home how poor a job Cersei has done raising him. As for the Unsullied and Daenerys, I thought they did a great job. At no point did I wish the Unsullied looked like the men in 300 lol. What book were you guys reading? You know they are eunuchs right?
We can like and appreciate a show without being blind fanboys. If we just sat here drooling on about how amazing it is, the conversation wouldn't be very interesting.

They're eunuchs, but they're also the most feared warriors on the continent, so that would merit them looking somewhat 'warlike' to me.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
Ending on the Barristan reveal was a nice touch.

I was only .00001% skeptical in Hinds as Mance, but fuck, I felt he nailed it. Mance isn't just about the look.

MOAR

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Awesome episode. I have to admit though, I'm a bit concerned with the amount of plots going on. I felt like they were really jumping around from plot to plot last night to try and squeeze everything in. On top of that we didn't even get to see Arya's, Theon or Jaimes stories advance. They really need to start wrangling some of these stories in.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
At no point in the books did i ever get the vibe the unsullied are huge ripped dude, they are never described this way. It makes sense not to be actually, it is not what makes them the most feared warriors regardless. Their absolute obediance, discipline, training, lack of fear and the fact they have no sense of pain or retreat make them just that.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was poking around on youtube last night and came across a guy doing a review on last night's episode. He did make one good point about continuity. The folks north of the wall apparently have had no time lapse at all. We pick up pretty much exactly(within say an hour) of where season 2 left off.

The others though, how much time has gone by since last season? The dragons have obviously grown since we last saw them BBQing that warlock(and they look fucking amazing). Dany has also found a ship and sailed to their next location to buy an army. Robb has also made it to Harenhal, how long did it take to get there?

Other than that, loved it. It's the weakest of the three season openers, but oh well. It's still the best thing on TV and now the agonizing part is waiting a week to see each new episode.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Guys if you want to talk about the books, go to the book thread. We aren't going to have whole pages of "this happened in the books so far and this hasn't." blah blah blah.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also, what a fucking miserable thread this is! As book fans we should be slobbering the knob of D&D for this show, its unreal the amount of quality this show puts on tv
GoT is the best tv show atm, one of the top of all time personally.

But the unsullied still look dorky. I don't remember how they're physically described because they usually just talk about killing puppies. Their armor looks too light and their shields are too small to support the phalanx warfare they are supposed to use. I just expected them to look more like hoplites with their bronze armor, giant round shields, greaves etc.
800px-Ancient_Greece_hoplite_with_his_hoplon_and_dory.jpg

It's not a big deal to me though, I always thought the unsullied were kind of a dumb idea. "elite discipline based slave army" is just a fantasy. I'm not trying to nitpick details of a great show but here we are.

Also their helmet blows

2.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think Gregor's recast is the #1 thing I don't like about this excellent show. It totally ruined the Tyrion defense fight and if they keep the same beanstalk for ungregor it'll ruin that too.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You guys will wish you had Faille back when you get done seeing how many 1 hour, 1 point infractions I can give out.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
How about more focus on the TV show and less on books and epeen flexing with regards to moderation? Just an idea.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Should've just got some random huge guy to wear his armor from season 1, keep the helmet on and hire a voice actor if they guy can't sound like a crazed murderer.