GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I think the one-hour format is starting to have its effect.

Episode felt strangely...thin.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's disappointing to hear. I was planning on downloading and watching tonight. Maybe I'll wait though.

I really figured with how much went on in book 3, even being 2 seasons, every episode would be pretty packed with cool shit.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
That's disappointing to hear. I was planning on downloading and watching tonight. Maybe I'll wait though.

I really figured with how much went on in book 3, even being 2 seasons, every episode would be pretty packed with cool shit.
They're pretty much hitting all the bases when it comes to following the general plot, but the TV divergences are really starting to take their toll. There -were- several scenes that were pretty well-tuned in terms of succinctly summarizing certain events, but much of it felt 'wrong'. Example that comes to mind: we are treated to a telegraphed sceneonlymeant to make the audience dislike Shae, with the same amount of time given to the fight between Jaime and Brienne. I'm not saying they had to be in the reeds wrestling for fifteen minutes, but the entire thing felt amazingly glossed-over and shallow, especially when the majority of the scenes were, in fact, extrapolated interpersonal discussions between characters that never happened in the books (Catlyn and Robb's wife, Margaery and Joffrey, Shae and Tyrion.)

Cybsled

Honestly I like what they did with the post-Sansa interview by the Tyrells. Instead of just promising to marry Sansa off, you actually see Marg use the knowledge to get Joffrey to like her even more.

Better way to think of this episode is just the 2nd part of the 1st episode of the season. This episode helped set the stage/major storylines for some of the characters, much like the 1st episode did for a few characters.

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
So...that was fairly uneventful. I also really hate when they do the whole "OH LOOK A PIVOTAL SCENE IS ABOUT TO - EPISODE OVER" thing.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tonight was a pretty good episode but it was rather slow, not a lot happened it seemed. Was cool to see Jamie get whooped even his his hands were restrained. Some progression with Brands story, that's about it though.

They need to cut out all Sansa scenes or make them like 30 seconds and that's it.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really enjoyed the dialogue this episode. Lady Olenna was perfect. She was down to earth and didnt talk in any riddles whatsoever, a breath of fresh air.

I thought the episode was fine, its par for the course. Usually 2-3 episodes to get shit sorted out, mild drama in 4-5, lol wtf in 6-8 and wrap up in 9-10.

The Olenna Tyrell lunch scene was great...they used a lot of the original text from the book and Diana Rigg nailed it. The pacing of the show is actually giving me a bit of trouble trying to remember where the story is in the book. Like if I recall Arya spent a lot more time on the road with the Brotherhood before Sandor was captured, etc.

I did dislike the Catelyn\not-Jeyne-Westerling voodoo doll thing scene...she's always been shitty as hell to Jon Snow and never regrets it. Practically begs Robb to leave him out of his succession plans before the Red Wedding, etc.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Catelyn's still a fucking cunt. Fuck her so much.

The Jamie/Brienne fight was good but it was definitely was a lot better in the book because you got to read Jamie's thoughts during the whole encounter which were awesome. I'm glad I didn't reread book 3 before this season because I know I would be more upset but I'm just rolling with the changes and I'm not going to get upset. It is what it is.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Sincerely hope the whole Theon escape bit is one of Ramsays "games".

Speaking of Ramsay, was the dude in the headwear who stabbed his finger supposed to be him?

Also, while I didn't mind them cutting to the chase with the hound and the brotherhood it seemed kind of odd the way he called out Arya. I guess rushed is the word but it seemed extra awkward given how poignant the moment she was recognized was in the book.

Still dug the episode but i'm pretty easy to please.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This definitely felt like the second half of a single episode. Strange - would it have cost too much/been too much to ask to have the season premier be 1 hour long, ala Mad Men? Last season the 55 minute episode length was noticeable, but moving forward as a show - there is so much going on I find it hard to believe they'll be able to keep the quality up and fit it all into 10, 55 minute shows (while staying as true to the source material as possible). Again, meh. Unfortunately, like a fucking idiot I decided to read SoS again last week and finished this afternoon - making watching these worse. The old rose was great though, not how I pictured her - but she acted that scene really really well.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Sincerely hope the whole Theon escape bit is one of Ramsays "games".

Speaking of Ramsay, was the dude in the headwear who stabbed his finger supposed to be him?
"Supposed to" - maybe to Theon. Ramsay was the guy that promised to help him at the end of the scene. He's fucking with him.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
Coming from someone who has never cracked open one of the books, I thought the episode was excellent. As said above, the grandmother was great. I also loved the bit with Bran and the Reeds. Interested to see where that's going. Knowing that the creators of the show have said season 3 is what they've been waiting for(paraphrasing), I'm really looking forward to what's coming.

Byddon

Molten Core Raider
Ramsey is the dude at the end who removes the screw from Theon's foot and leaves the door open. Wonder if they will bother having some random chick escape with him for them to be hunted down or just Theon solo.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Catelyn's still a fucking cunt. Fuck her so much.

The Jamie/Brienne fight was good but it was definitely was a lot better in the book because you got to read Jamie's thoughts during the whole encounter which were awesome. I'm glad I didn't reread book 3 before this season because I know I would be more upset but I'm just rolling with the changes and I'm not going to get upset. It is what it is.
Didn't like how by the end of the fight Brienne was just shitting on Jaime. I don't recall exactly how it was written in the book but I remember Brienne's thoughts after the fact being how tough Jaime was even in irons and having been half starved from captivity for however long.

I never expected them to show actual flaying, but the torture of Theon was pretty good getting the point across how shitty a time he was going to have.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The Olenna Tyrell was perfect. I also liked the Margery/Joeffrey crossbow scene. I hated his character in the first two seasons but he's coming into his own in this season.