GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good news because I hear The Night King has been in the market for a new pet....

This sort of thing would require a deus ex machina, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Then they should have made the scene last week end with them being carried away underwater instead of sinking straight down.
We'll just call it.....
LAAAAAAZY WRITING. BTFO SCREAMY!111

While I mostly agree...if they show the current, there's no cliffhanger about Jaime surviving, we'll just assume/know he survived a little harder than we already did b/c why else would you have someone knock him off his horse to save him from dragon fire if he wasn't going to survive...

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This episode confirms the leaks basically.

Sucks.

Anyway, Sam said bran spent "years" beyond the wall. Obviously he was out there for multiple seasons, and they did spend a ton of screen time beyond the wall, but they really must have spent a lot of time in the cave with the bloodraven. I am still mystified by the wight capture angle. How did that get greenlit as a plot point?

Why not just have Benjen willfully go as a friendly addition to the band of brothers, and use him as evidence? I wouldnt be surprised if thats what happened at this point.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
While I mostly agree...if they show the current, there's no cliffhanger about Jaime surviving, we'll just assume/know he survived a little harder than we already did b/c why else would you have someone knock him off his horse to save him from dragon fire if he wasn't going to survive...
As someone who has been swept downriver both whitewater rafting and hiking in only 2-3 feet of a stream that didn't look so swift, I can totally get currents. Still that was some serious distance. Maybe they came up for air 20-30 feet away and Dany was back to tugging at her dragons umm err spear and didn't notice but they sure made it to look like they went all that distance and Jamie was all but drowned and being dragged. I'll just assume the writer has never been knocked off a horse in a smoke polluted environment which fills the lungs with particles making it hard to breathe and Jamie managed to get a super prepared breath of air before wading hundreds of meters downstream wearing 80+ lbs of armor/swords.

Merrith

As someone who has been swept downriver both whitewater rafting and hiking in only 2-3 feet of a stream that didn't look so swift, I can totally get currents. Still that was some serious distance. Maybe they came up for air 20-30 feet away and Dany was back to tugging at her dragons umm err spear and didn't notice but they sure made it to look like they went all that distance and Jamie was all but drowned and being dragged. I'll just assume the writer has never been knocked off a horse in a smoke polluted environment which fills the lungs with particles making it hard to breathe and Jamie managed to get a super prepared breath of air before wading hundreds of meters downstream wearing 80+ lbs of armor/swords.

Not that I disagree with this as an actual factual discussion of how this would actually work in the real world with someone in a smoke filled environment with a dragon nearby and heavy armor on...

But shouldn't we also then be bitching we didn't see Arya's lockpicking training montage?

• 1Worf

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I enjoyed the Baratheon/Stark nod to the past meeting of their fathers

*6 fucking years have passed by...! shit :eek:

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Picked up the subtle reference to Jon as legitimate heir. Thread needs Sylas in lieu of Woolygimp stat.

Cybsled

Why not just have Benjen willfully go as a friendly addition to the band of brothers, and use him as evidence? I wouldnt be surprised if thats what happened at this point.

I think they hinted that Benjen is more like the White Walkers than the Wights and in the book he couldn't cross past the wall, so it may be the magic in the wall keeps out white walkers, but doesn't have the same effect on wights.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Some of you guys are way too salty, 30m+ people watch this show every week now and about half of them are retarded, can't have anything too complicated.

the only scary moment was Cersei threatening Bronn, hope he is ok. Cersei openly announcing a kid with Jaime doesn't seem to bode well for her alliance with Euron. The note Arya "found" is the letter Sansa sent to Robb/Cat about kneeling to King Joffrey and her dad wanting to steal the throne. I guess LF wants Arya to think he is just protecting Sansa, but Littlefinger vs. Arya... I dunno who to bet on.

go go Wight Stalker team, may you find lots of legendary loot

PplrLtQ.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Not that I disagree with this as an actual factual discussion of how this would actually work in the real world with someone in a smoke filled environment with a dragon nearby and heavy armor on...

But shouldn't we also then be bitching we didn't see Arya's lockpicking training montage?
I would but I trained myself early in my teens to pick many locks using nothing but hairpins and needles. Course can't do that very well with real door locks but patio locks/most chests. easypeasy.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I hope in the final episode they just show armies marching north for the whole episode

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I paused the screen and most of the note was blurry. However, I think it was the note that Sansa did when Cersei tricked her into basically betraying her family. Littlefinger is probably setting things up so Sansa's family wants to cut ties with her (Arya specifically), ensuring that he remains the only steadfast ally for her.
Rewound and paused after the episode to read the note. Looked like Sansa's letter to Robb (it was Robb, wasn't it?) and thought the same. Looks like Baelish is sowing discord once again.

• 1Like

Merrith

I would but I trained myself early in my teens to pick many locks using nothing but hairpins and needles. Course can't do that very well with real door locks but patio locks/most chests. easypeasy.

By the measure of some in this thread, a one sentence description of self teaching yourself this skill could be described as lazy writing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Davos, Gendry, Tormund, and The Hound bringing the lulz this episode.

Pretty fucking excited for the shit beyond the wall. That's like the all star cast of who's remaining on the show that I actually like.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i really liked the Jon is not actually a bastard twist.

Decent episode, considering there were zero fights.

The special mission of 7 super fighters to go capture a wight, is faggy as fuck. this is just bad, @Screamfeeder level writing. Stop writing shit, or I wont even throw metrics your way, you cur.

they didnt take horses, have zero supplies, and are walking into a blizzard. they'll be out of food and water within 2 days. hope they dont have to walk far.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users