GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

iannis

Musty Nester
Btw, I don't wanna go get a s1 episode to look. But was that bran looking at the marriage scene... was that the same actor that played dany's brother?

It looked like him with a bigger nose. But maybe it's just the wig.

I'm guessing it is, and that would make her his aunt. But... dany and Jon are roughly the same age, yet dany's brother wasn't -that- much older than her. So dany would have been at LEAST 10-12 years old when Jon was born.

Teleporting fleets don't bother me too much, but that's a pretty glaring chronological oopsie which, I suppose, results from starting dany off as 24 instead of 14.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Btw, I don't wanna go get a s1 episode to look. But was that bran looking at the marriage scene... was that the same actor that played dany's brother?

It looked like him with a bigger nose. But maybe it's just the wig.

I'm guessing it is, and that would make her his aunt. But... dany and Jon are roughly the same age, yet dany's brother wasn't -that- much older than her. So dany would have been at LEAST 10-12 years old when Jon was born.

Teleporting fleets don't bother me too much, but that's a pretty glaring chronological oopsie which, I suppose, results from starting dany off as 24 instead of 14.
Rhaegar was an adult and a lot older than Dany. Jon and Dany are much closer age than you are suggesting. She was born at Dragonstone near the end of the Rebellion and taken to Essos as a baby. Tower of Joy also happened during the Rebellion.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bran confirmed for having to specifically look at things to know it, given he didn't already know about the Targaryan wedding. So, Bran intentionally looked at Sansa's rape.

I'm guessing it was more that he was just looking at all the stuff that happened to his various family members and stumbled upon her marriage to Ramsay. He never went looking for Lyanna marrying Rhaegar because it never occurred to him to doubt the kidnapping story. Like, he can't just go 'alright greenseer powers, show me something plot relevant'.

If he had gotten bored of watching Sansa get raped, he could have gone back to watch Lyanna get raped, see that the sex was consensual, and then go looking for the wedding.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In the episode where they took Casterly Rock, didn't they say something about how the Unsullied didn't have the supplies to march all the way to King's Landing?
Yeah, but it took them 5 years to get there. We just didn't get that passage of time. Don't worry if it doesn't make sense.

bralkan

The old ways are still best
Looking like Viserys is to make it clear he was a Targ. They all looked a like.

Season 8 predictions:

Cersei miscarriages and goes mad king, forcing Jaime to return and kill her

Tyrion being a creep because he knows the love between Jon and Dany will lead to drama. Jon's heritage, he tries to hide it, becomes revealed and Dany gets butt hurt. They reconcile eventually

The whole "Theon you are a Stark and a Greyjoy. You can't choose" thing will have to be applied to Jon. It's foreshadowing his impending identity crisis - also raised by Ned Stark but was a Targ, not knowing his father there, as well.

Sansa dies, forcing Ayra to be Lady of Winterfell. Hound accepts a lordship given by her to serve house Stark after he kills Mountain

Jon has to Kill Dany to get light bringer, Longclaw, but not before she gives birth to a daughter that Ser Jorah gets away and will raise at Dragonstone.

Bran, now proven fallible by getting Jon Sand wrong, some how Holds the Door and fucks up giving the NIght King and advantage, maybe getting another dragon killed. Maybe full on NK=Bran, but I doubt it. He'll just fuck up bad somehow.

Jon defeats Night King and returns to rebuild the wall with whats left of the wildlings - a new Nights Watch

Gendry ends up on the Iron Throne, returning us back to a Baratheon sitting there. Redeeming his father like all these kids are doing to their families. But they don't go under one rule and somehow mirror the First Men in structure

Sam takes over Old Town and changes the order

• 4Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Looking like Viserys is to make it clear he was a Targ. They all looked a like.

Season 8 predictions:

Cersei miscarriages and goes mad king, forcing Jaime to return and kill her

Tyrion being a creep because he knows the love between Jon and Dany will lead to drama. Jon's heritage, he tries to hide it, becomes revealed and Dany gets butt hurt. They reconcile eventually

The whole "Theon you are a Stark and a Greyjoy. You can't choose" thing will have to be applied to Jon. It's foreshadowing his impending identity crisis - also raised by Ned Stark but was a Targ, not knowing his father there, as well.

Sansa dies, forcing Ayra to be Lady of Winterfell. Hound accepts a lordship given by her to serve house Stark after he kills Mountain

Jon has to Kill Dany to get light bringer, Longclaw, but not before she gives birth to a daughter that Ser Jorah gets away and will raise at Dragonstone.

Bran, now proven fallible by getting Jon Sand wrong, some how Holds the Door and fucks up giving the NIght King and advantage, maybe getting another dragon killed. Maybe full on NK=Bran, but I doubt it. He'll just fuck up bad somehow.

Jon defeats Night King and returns to rebuild the wall with whats left of the wildlings - a new Nights Watch

Gendry ends up on the Iron Throne, returning us back to a Baratheon sitting there. Redeeming his father like all these kids are doing to their families. But they don't go under one rule and somehow mirror the First Men in structure

Sam takes over Old Town and changes the order

Ser Cuckzone is the perfect ending for Jorah

Why would Jon rebuild the wall if the Night King is defeated? The wall only exists insofar as to counter him. Its more likely that Jon would become the leader of the Free Folk and take Mance Rayder's place

I can see Gendry ending up on the throne - its exactly the kind of "fuck you" that all these writers would give to the fans as one last swerve. AKA the perfect @Screamfeeder coda

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought it was interesting Bran explicitly explained he can see the past and what is happening now - but it seems only when he is lead to something like Sam telling him about the wedding and he then goes there.

Kinda puts to bed the idea that the night king can see into the future becaus he is Bran or has Bran's powers. I guess he could possibly have seen the raven flying to Dragonstone etc but no one would have prompted him to look for it. Confirmed poor writing or the NK can see the future. Either way he isn't Bran and doesn't have the same powers.
Bran not knowing actually makes no fucking sense whatsoever, because we literally got a scene where he's there at the Tower of Joy. We get the identical scene of Lyanna giving birth. The only difference between the two scenes is this time we actually get to hear her say his name, but Bran would've heard that the first time.

It should have been no mystery to him. It was really just TV tropes bullshit to keep the audience in the dark, but the character 100% would've heard her say his name. And then he would've been like, wow, that's weird, why would she say that about a rape baby?

It's just more shitty writing.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

bralkan

Why would Jon rebuild the wall if the Night King is defeated? The wall only exists insofar as to counter him. Its more likely that Jon would become the leader of the Free Folk and take Mance Rayder's place

Maybe - I just figure they'll have to do a "this is a circle and I have to set it up for another 8k years". But, if it's really the end of the cycle, then Jon will have to die to defeat NK leaving his Daughter also without knowing her father.

Bran not knowing actually makes no fucking sense whatsoever, because we literally got a scene where he's there at the Tower of Joy. We get the identical scene of Lyanna giving birth. The only difference between the two scenes is this time we actually get to hear her say his name, but Bran would've heard that the first time.

It should have been no mystery to him. It was really just TV tropes bullshit to keep the audience in the dark, but the character 100% would've heard her say his name. And then he would've been like, wow, that's weird, why would she say that about a rape baby?

It's just more shitty writing.

Yea, he literally just said "I remember everything". I think the Tower of Joy/Naming was for the audience only - it wasn't Bran in real time. It was finishing what got cut off earlier.

What Bran didn't know was that the marriage was annulled - he hadn't seen that and did see that in real time. Which means he doesn't "Remember everything" and will fuck it up in his hubris again - just like he did in training with the Raven and getting tagged by the NK.

I dunno, maybe I'm wrong about the scene and whether it's shitty writing, probably is, but It has to show how Bran is still fucking up. If not, its just really next level shitty writing. I need to go watch it again.

edit: watched again, it had to be all Bran not finishing the scene the first time and just assuming Jon was a bastard. Kind of lame.

Still think to shows he'll fuck it all up.

Last edited:

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Is it okay to post this .gif now? [bcolor=rgb(24, 24, 24)]:rolleyes:[/bcolor]

frostwyrm.gif

Cybsled

Nah, it would never work

Arya: Do you want a Lordship?
Hound: The fuck would I do with a Lordship? Get a big keep, some fancy shite title, then get married to some insufferable whore.
Arya: You would also get chickens
Hound: How many?
Arya: All the chickens in Westeros
Hound: ...fine

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I think Tyrion was staring and Jon and Dany because he promised Cersei that her kid would be next in line after Dany. He did talk about the succession earlier.

I think Dany will die killing the ice dragon as will Drogon, but only after she's had the baby. It will take the dead at least a year to travel from the wall the winterfell. This will leave Rhaegal for John to ride and save the day.

• 1Picard

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I think Tyrion was staring and Jon and Dany because he promised Cersei that her kid would be next in line after Dany. He did talk about the succession earlier.

I think Dany will die killing the ice dragon as will Drogon, but only after she's had the baby. It will take the dead at least a year to travel from the wall the winterfell. This will leave Rhaegal for John to ride and save the day.

That'd be pretty fitting actually since Jon is Rhaegar's son and Rheagal was named for him.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

winterfell and wall are about 600 miles apart. are the undead moving at 2 miles per day?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
edit: watched again, it had to be all Bran not finishing the scene the first time and just assuming Jon was a bastard. Kind of lame.

Finishing the scene? They were married at least 9 months before that scene at the Tower of Joy. Nothing that happened at the tower suggested that the kidnapping story was false, so he had no reason to go rummaging through Lyanna's history to find the annulment to Elia and ensuing marriage to Lyanna.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
If Ned knew that Jon was Rhaegar & Lyanna's son, why did he just allow him to go to the wall like a chump? I get it, he can't treat him special because he knows Robert hates Targaryens and all that. But why let him just freeze his balls off in the squalor of the wall with no warning or anything? Jaime and Tyrion both tried to warn Jon, but Ned did not. Other than plot, what do we know that might explain that?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If Ned knew that Jon was Rhaegar & Lyanna's son, why did he just allow him to go to the wall like a chump? I get it, he can't treat him special because he knows Robert hates Targaryens and all that. But why let him just freeze his balls off in the squalor of the wall with no warning or anything? Jaime and Tyrion both tried to warn Jon, but Ned did not. Other than plot, what do we know that might explain that?

What else is he supposed to do with a 'bastard' that his wife hates?

*edit*

Also now that I think about it, it really makes sense now why he never told Catelyn the truth. It wasn't just about her loathing of Jon making the cover story seem authentic. He knew his wife was a fucking idiot all along.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bralkan

Finishing the scene? They were married at least 9 months before that scene at the Tower of Joy. Nothing that happened at the tower suggested that the kidnapping story was false, so he had no reason to go rummaging through Lyanna's history to find the annulment to Elia and ensuing marriage to Lyanna.

Right, going back to the birth and getting the name. He must of turned of RavenVision before after he learned of Jons parents originally (still thinking it was a kidnapping).

So he warped to see marriage and then we back to the Tower of Joy to see the name.