GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
What else is he supposed to do with a 'bastard' that his wife hates?

*edit*

Also now that I think about it, it really makes sense now why he never told Catelyn the truth. It wasn't just about her loathing of Jon making the cover story seem authentic. He knew his wife was a fucking idiot all along.

Ned knew this was Lyanna's child though. He didn't have to set him up to the be heir to Winterfell, but he could have given him fair warning that the Wall was a penal colony. I know we needed Jon at the wall to make the plot work, but still. Seems out of character for Ned, if he went through all of this to save Lyanna's child only to let him go work in a permanent Alaska oil field.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Aejon Starkgaryen.

What a time to be alive in Westeros.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This show has become so fucking bad George is a typical kid-fucking Jew in the end I guess.

• 4Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Little Finger wanted to use Brienne in one of his plots, he sees some angle can be exploited.

Sansa knows that although she doesn't know what Little Finger plots, Little Finger would not have spoken on getting Brienne involved unless it was for his own gain, and likely everyone else's loss. Especially because in her capacity Brienne could act as another advisors to the sisters, which could interfere with Little Finger's plots. All Sansa knows is that if Little Finger talks of Brienne, he intends to exploit her somehow so to protect her, Sansa sends her away (wherever that being is irrelevant). Really this was the most obvious bit in the last episode it came right after Little Finger mentioned Brienne, it should have been a red flag, it should have also been apparent that when Arya met Sansa the reception was warm, and the 180 degree turn in behavior was stifling and not natural, the most obvious piece of information was where Arya got that letter from. There's no way when Arya brought it to Sansa, that Sansa wouldn't have concluded where it came from, and there's no reason that Little Finger would have that note that was not nefarious in nature, in any way shape or form. It never made sense that Arya would actually go after Sansa, and it never made sense that either of the sisters couldn't rationalize the reality of the events as they unfold. Plus Bran can see everything, so there's that.....

Sansa and arya weren't working together until the final episode, after her talk with LF. There was no point in playing a game before then since they didn't learn anything new; she could have killed him long before for the same reasons. Sansa just eventually figured it out this episode.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ned knew this was Lyanna's child though. He didn't have to set him up to the be heir to Winterfell, but he could have given him fair warning that the Wall was a penal colony. I know we needed Jon at the wall to make the plot work, but still. Seems out of character for Ned, if he went through all of this to save Lyanna's child only to let him go work in a permanent Alaska oil field.

He still thought Jon was the rape-bred bastard of Rhaegar Targaryen though, Lyanna didn't live long enough to say otherwise. He did his duty raising Jon, but keeping him around was a profound insult to his wife and a constant reminder of Lyanna being kidnapped and raped which led to his father and brother being burned alive. I'm pretty sure he secretly hated Jon even more than Catelyn did, but he never let it out to help keep the cover story intact.

• 1Picard

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Sansa and arya weren't working together until the final episode, after her talk with LF. There was no point in playing a game before then since they didn't learn anything new; she could have killed him long before for the same reasons. Sansa just eventually figured it out this episode.

I assumed Sansa and Arya talked to Bran and got some juicy info.

• 1Like

bralkan

The old ways are still best

Sansa sending Brienne away like a dog in the woods should have been clear she knew something.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
100% alive
Yeah, they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of keeping him alive north of the wall just to kill him off off-screen. Pretty sure he's up on the left side of the wall that didn't fall down.

He still thought Jon was the rape-bred bastard of Rhaegar Targaryen though, Lyanna didn't live long enough to say otherwise. He did his duty raising Jon, but keeping him around was a profound insult to his wife and a constant reminder of Lyanna being kidnapped and raped which led to his father and brother being burned alive. I'm pretty sure he secretly hated Jon even more than Catelyn did, but he never let it out to help keep the cover story intact.
I addressed this in my other post -- we got the entire Jon birth scene where Bran was watching. Down to Lyanna whispering his name to Ned. Bran would've heard that. It makes no fucking sense.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Sansa sending Brienne away like a dog in the woods should have been clear she knew something.

Except LF wanted her gone. She was always in his way. LF wanted Sansa to kill Arya and Brienne was a road block since she was bound to protect Arya (and served as a counselor against LF). Why did LF want that? Because he wants power and the iron throne. Jon nearly choked him out and Arya is Jon's favorite, so killing Arya gets rid of a formidable person and creates a wedge between Jon and Sansa (as well as bringing Sansa closer to LF), hopefully leading, in LF's eyes, to Sansa becoming Queen.

Is this somewhat silly? Yes. But why would LF bring up Brienne with her staying being the goal? If you think Sansa outfoxed him by sending her away then that means LF must have wanted her around. That makes no sense. Brienne is never one that was going to be swayed by LF.

You guys are trying to rationalize way more than these writers did. Bran didn't reveal anything before the meeting. Arya and Sansa weren't working together for this entire season. Sansa was getting played until she applied the "worst possible motive" theory to LF and realized she was a dumbass. That's the extent of the depth these writers are capable of. You can read into things that aren't shown on the screen but if you stick to what's actually shown, that's what makes the most sense. Hearing the D&D dudebros talk about this arc all season also makes me think this was what they were going for as well.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
He definitely did 5hey showed specific camera footage showing him watching the others fall, he's gonna run to the next castle and jump down in like 6 seconds.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I addressed this in my other post -- we got the entire Jon birth scene where Bran was watching. Down to Lyanna whispering his name to Ned. Bran would've heard that. It makes no fucking sense.

Oh for some reason I was thinking she just said his name was Aegon, I forgot she said Aegon Targaryen. Still, his sister was on the verge of death due to exsanguination from a bad childbirth. If I had to guess whether Ned assumed she meant Aegon Sand or Ned assumed that Rhaegar annulled his marriage to Elia and married Lyanna, I'm gonna guess that he assumed she meant Aegon Sand.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought Bran not knowing about the Rhaegar/Lyanna annulment and marraige was kind of silly, but it served the purpose to make Gilly the true hero of Westeros - the illiterate Craster 'ho coming through with the power of learning to read and write and unearthing the most important secret in the land!!!!

And it gave Sam a contrived moment of glory as well - I mean, what use is there for the knowledge of a maester when you are sitting in the room with an omniscient being? He got to drop his little truth bomb on Bran and get himself a place at the table.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of Sam, I think his scene might have been my favorite. He just had that same wtf look we all have to Bran's retarded shit. It was perfect.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bran isn't omniscient. Everything he has displayed knowledge of is stuff he would have reason to go looking for. I wonder what happened to Arya, oh she's a trained assassin now. I wonder what happened to Sansa, oh that's hot, I wish my dick still worked. I wonder what happened to Dad, oh Littlefinger betrayed him. I wonder what other shit Littlefinger was up to, oh hey that 'Chaos is a Ladder' line is pretty slick I'm gonna remember that.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Speaking of Sam, I think his scene might have been my favorite. He just had that same wtf look we all have to Bran's retarded shit. It was perfect.

He also calmly took credit for Gilly's work (I doubt Gilly was just reading some high septon's diary for poops and laughs), I wonder if Bran will get pissy and out him on it! But yes, that was awesome. Sam is a true badass, I hope he doesn't get eaten by a zombie.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Unless you see a main character physically die then they are alive. Basic TV 101

Or a direct implication of their death in a situation where there would be absolutely no reason for them to survive, since someone is undoubtedly going to respond to this with 'wut about Stannis'