GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Also, not to criticize the mods, I know you guys have a tough job, but I feel the need to point out that if you always remove correct predictions from the no spoiler thread that is kind of a spoiler in itself. You guys are doing a great job but just something to think about.

Cybsled

The fact Arya didn't destroy Needle shows that she doesn't want to fully invest herself in the Faceless (at the cost of divesting herself). I might be concerned if she ends up destroying it, though.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
It's highly unlikely that Varys is a "good guy." There is no reason to believe anything he ever tells anyone. Similarly, Littlefinger is just as duplicitous with everyone, except Alayne.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I was always curious if The Wall was all ice or not, guess it is after watching this.

I really love this show, but man, I keep saying "Fuck, I don't care about this person, stop giving them screen time and get back to awesome characters that I like!" because the world should fucking revolve around me, goddamnit.

Fucking Tuco.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I will say I was disappointed in the Jeoffrey/Ros scene. With all the hubbub going in I was expecting something really horrible and disgusting, not just "dead chick with bolts in her". I'm sad Ros died, but that scene was a bit of a letdown, the Ramsey/Theon scene was far more dreadful.

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
Scenes did nothing for me really. I didn't think flaying was done like that, I thought it was more skin shaving, or like how you'd peel an orange with a knife. Didn't realise it's more like peeling a banana. Makes sense now I consider they hung people's skins up in the dreadfort.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
As far as motivation goes he's a good guy. Sure a lot of innocents are suffering, but I think he truly believes it's for the greater good. "The ends justify the means" is a dangerous attitude, but from what we've seen so far I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is trying to do good.
I'm sure a lot of people think their motivations are pure while those of others are not. That doesn't make him good, his actions have led to tens of thousands of people dying, rampant suffering and hunger, political chaos, i mean shit, the man ensured Cersei stays on the throne. But because he said "I work for the realm" that makes him good? Nah man, nah.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
still think the wall scenes were fine. generic? maybe a little. but that didn't bother me. not be a dick--we all got our tastes--but what do you guys want, for every second to be some whoooah totally differnt, avant-garde 'i'm a unique snowflake' goofiness? Wakandan please

edit: i shouldn't be talking, cos i know i'm gonna complain too here & there. but i don't agree with these particular complaints.

Luminati;192004 said:

"the lysa arryn of chairs" haha

littlefinger's speech was good, but the delivery (music/voiceover) was what kinda irked me. maybe subtler music would've been better, although it seemed more off during the initial viewing. not so much afterwards. it also would've been nice toseeros's death, so that we relate why joffrey's a monster, not just be shown a lil montage.

Not exactly, Jaime still has one good hand at least.
that's true.

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
I think the reason people are complaining is not because of a lack of action but a lack of pay off or some kind of major event that brings on change. Really what has happened in the last season and a half ? Characters are traveling and scheming and cool/interesting things are happening but nothing major has happened since season 1 ended. Blackwater Bay was cool and all but what did it accomplish ? The lannisters are still in charge, Stannis still wants to be king and no one important died.

The last season and a half have just felt like one big build up to what hopefully will be some major plot development but nothing has really changed... yet.

Also don't take this as me disliking that show it is still my favorite show on TV. Just my take on where the complaints are coming from.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The fact Arya didn't destroy Needle shows that she doesn't want to fully invest herself in the Faceless (at the cost of divesting herself). I might be concerned if she ends up destroying it, though.
just out of concern, do we really need to learn about Arya's steps to becoming the badass assassin and waste good sum of chapters without any progress? Can we not learn of it after she becomes one? Just a thought, meh.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In fact why can't the next book just be one page that says "Dany burned all her enemies and became undisputed queen" ?

Lord of the Rings, by Trollface:

There was a bad ring, Frodo threw it in a volcano and went home.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I'm sure a lot of people think their motivations are pure while those of others are not. That doesn't make him good, his actions have led to tens of thousands of people dying, rampant suffering and hunger, political chaos, i mean shit, the man ensured Cersei stays on the throne. But because he said "I work for the realm" that makes him good? Nah man, nah.
What do you think happens if he just fucks off and leaves Joffrey in charge?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
You know this story goes for 7 or so (long) books and probably 10-12 TV seasons right? If you're looking for instant gratification it might not be the show for you.

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
I would hardly say wanting some more plot progression than what we've gotten over the course of a season and a half is looking for instant gratification. I realize the books are great but what works on paper might not translate so well on TV.

With that said this season isn't over yet and i'm optimistic about the last 4 episodes.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
He did, the Tyrells took care of that, he was content to watch "the realm" burn and suffer for his goals.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
In fact why can't the next book just be one page that says "Dany burned all her enemies and became undisputed queen" ?

Lord of the Rings, by Trollface:

There was a bad ring, Frodo threw it in a volcano and went home.
yeah i know journey is important bro. martin can still cut down on excess. Because LOTR is boring in many, many chapters (very well written however) because of the excess. a lot of Dany chapters suck though imo.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I would hardly say wanting some more plot progression than what we've gotten over the course of a season and a half is looking for instant gratification. I realize the books are great but what works on paper might not translate so well on TV.
you got a point there. i really, truly think it's the 10 ep per season thing. each season ought to be as long as it takes.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
The huge number of characters makes it hard to advance the plot and develop each characters story of course but I also wonder if the lack of a central protagonist makes it feel like there's less plot progression. To me Book 1 and Season 1 were very straight forward with Ned being the leading role and it all following him and his family for the most part. Season/Book 2 introduced so many new characters and each plot was its own thing with no real focus on one over the others. Season/Book 3 is getting real heavy into the political and marriage aspect of the game so it's bound to be more dialog and less action. I can definitely understand why they split book 3 into 2 seasons but it's just going to make the plot move even slower and that was already some people's problem with the show.

I think it's funny that when Westeros is full of action that Daenerys is doing nothing but wasting screen time and whining about dragons. Now this season everyone else is debating marriages and politics while Daenerys is burning shit to the ground with a good amount of action.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Since the first season, I have watched each episode at least twice before the next. With each new season I would rewatch the previous once again. So I'm curious, how many times do you guys watch each episode?
Just once. I also almost never rewatch any shows to begin with due to how much stuff I regularly watch.