GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
jesus christ!, that can not be unseen.
frown.png

Bo Jackson_sl

shitlord
So what happens when the show catches up to the books and the masses start to rage for more content? Is it clear how many books are left at this point?

Ganthorn

N00b
So what happens when the show catches up to the books and the masses start to rage for more content? Is it clear how many books are left at this point?
I believe he said two. They are splitting book 3 into two years. im betting 4 and 5 will also need to be two years so that gives him some time to get book 6 out. Hopefully he will be able to produce the next couple of books in a timely manor. I think he wrote a bunch of stuff for the next one as he got stuck on book 5 parts.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
No.

What I really wanted was the scenes from the book where Dany's handmaiden taught her how to please her man before she seduced Drogo for real. That would have been bonerific. Ah, well. Them's the breaks.
Ummmm, that scene was in the series, like the 3rd episode...

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
I believe he said two. They are splitting book 3 into two years. im betting 4 and 5 will also need to be two years so that gives him some time to get book 6 out. Hopefully he will be able to produce the next couple of books in a timely manor. I think he wrote a bunch of stuff for the next one as he got stuck on book 5 parts.
It'll end up being 3 at least. Yeah he had written 100 manuscript pages for TWoW by the time he had finished ADwD (which was about 1500 manuscript pages long or so). Doubt he's on anymore than 400 right now, as he probably took like a year out after ADwD/he's slow as fuck.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I'm honestly terrible at subtext with these books. I completely missed Frey pies and The Hound at the monastery. Probably other shit too. I have no fucking idea what is going to happen, at all. The only things I know for certain are that Jon Snow is not dead and that Arya better fuck shit up or I am firebombing Martin's collectibles house he has right across from his home in Santa Fe.
I caught the Frey pies, but I am missing the Hound at the monastery I think?

Also, Roz dying was for real badass, even if I liked that character.

Oh, and for the one remark about Arya - wasn't the big part about the faceless men not judging people? Like, in general, certain people will die, and who they are or what they do doesn't really matter. I think the guy she assassinates with the coin was an asshole and was stealing money from the people he sold insurance to (Might need a re-read, anyone definitively remember?) but I thought the main point was just that someone will be chosen to die, period. Past affiliations, the way you feel about the person cannot conflict with the faceless creed or whatever. So even if Arya thinks right now that that person is "good", it might not mean shit later. They offer their version of peace; doesn't necessarily mean they are only killing bad people. At least that was my interpretation of it. I mean hell, the first guy of their order started a slave revolt, but the first person he gave "the gift" to, was another slave, NOT the terrible, horrific masters.

So I could potentially see the faceless men being hired by someone extremely powerful to kill someone Arya might like or even love. Didn't they try to hire them to kill Dany, but they said the cost would be too high or something?

I mean, that is the basic reasoning for her being "no one". No one has brothers or sisters, or illusions of revenge etc. They are an instrument, and a dagger does not feel the things that are trying to drill out of her.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The true complaint is that it wasn't explicit enough, showed no penetration etc. Emilia Clarke is so hot in her natural hair color too.

Flinger

Lord Nagafen Raider
lol its not I who needs a reread
Storm of Swords, Chapter 80. Lysa says that she persuaded Jon to give LF his post on the small council and that she had put the Tears of Lys in his wine as LF had insisted. She then goes on to say that she then wrote the letter sent to Catelyn claiming the Lannisters were Jon's murderers, once again at the demands of LF. So, if you missed that LF was the mastermind of the entire thing, yes you might need a reread.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I caught the Frey pies, but I am missing the Hound at the monastery I think?

Also, Roz dying was for real badass, even if I liked that character.

Oh, and for the one remark about Arya - wasn't the big part about the faceless men not judging people? Like, in general, certain people will die, and who they are or what they do doesn't really matter. I think the guy she assassinates with the coin was an asshole and was stealing money from the people he sold insurance to (Might need a re-read, anyone definitively remember?) but I thought the main point was just that someone will be chosen to die, period. Past affiliations, the way you feel about the person cannot conflict with the faceless creed or whatever. So even if Arya thinks right now that that person is "good", it might not mean shit later. They offer their version of peace; doesn't necessarily mean they are only killing bad people. At least that was my interpretation of it. I mean hell, the first guy of their order started a slave revolt, but the first person he gave "the gift" to, was another slave, NOT the terrible, horrific masters.

So I could potentially see the faceless men being hired by someone extremely powerful to kill someone Arya might like or even love. Didn't they try to hire them to kill Dany, but they said the cost would be too high or something?

I mean, that is the basic reasoning for her being "no one". No one has brothers or sisters, or illusions of revenge etc. They are an instrument, and a dagger does not feel the things that are trying to drill out of her.
I think most people are under the impression that Arya isn't fully committed to them. She's using them to learn how to become an assassin so that she can murder the fuck out of everyone.

A lot of people also theorized that she'd end up getting assassination orders for someone she cares about (probably Jon) and would have to juggle that whole conundrum.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I think most people are under the impression that Arya isn't fully committed to them. She's using them to learn how to become an assassin so that she can murder the fuck out of everyone.

A lot of people also theorized that she'd end up getting assassination orders for someone she cares about (probably Jon) and would have to juggle that whole conundrum.
At this point I can't see the contact being for Jon. In my eyes, Gendry makes much more sense. Something along the lines of Mel needing his blood, or someone plotting to legitimize him, so some other faction assassinates him.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>

What? Seriously?

That goes against the Faceless Man's creed. You don't kill someone who's name you know. That's why all these fuckers who figure out she's going to go join it before she even figures it out (because they know the coin and the phrase means they have to help someone who is a faceless man, or is owed a debt by the faceless men) constantly tell her their names.

iannis

Musty Nester
It seems like an order of assassins would be cognizant of, and readily able to deal with, their initiates only being interested in joining for the express purpose of being able murder the fuck out of everyone (they don't like). It seems like there would be an arc to that training and a gradual desensitization between "but he's my friend... nooooooooooo" at the start and "All glory to the hypnotoad" for a trained faceless man.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you guys just not read any of the Arya chapters since she got there? They're doing their best to beat the concepts in to her head. She's a stubborn little fucker though...

iannis

Musty Nester
You know what Action movies lack? Full frontal penetration.

But here's the twist.

We show the penetration. All of it.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
If Arya is sent after anyone in Westeros, I would guess it to be Cersei on contract from the iron bank. Bitch snubbed the shit out of their emissary and they always get their money. We know they are backing Stannis, makes sense.