GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
I hope they do all the RW festivities, Wolf head, Cat clawing her eyes and slitting the fool's throat, Cat's body being flung off the tower (no chance), Arya getting the flat of the sword and Nymeria dragging out Cat's decomposing body.

Hope they do the Bran warging scene well, they've handled warging poorly so far.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Robb really hasn't done shit as far as Stannis is concerned, he's declared himself King of the North and is engaged in war against Joffrey, but I don't think he's laid any claim to the Iron Throne.
I am not so sure about this anymore. The Tully's refer to Robb as their King. I remember a scene where the Blackfish scolded Robbs uncle saying "That's your king not your nephew". Also didn't he promise Harrenhall to Walder Frey as part of his "apology" to breaking the marriage pack. that shit definitely isn't in the North.

I sort of get the feeling that Robb is thinking he becomes King of all this shit.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Does he explain why he feels she has the rightful claim to the throne? Maybe I should rewatch the episode after he first appears again. Claim to the throne is very subjective in so many ways. You could argue the Targaryans have the rightful claim because they were overthrown by the rest of the kingdom and Robert was placed on the throne, but I'm sure the Targaryans also overthrew someone at some point as well.
The Targaryans didn't overthrow anyone, they conquered each and every one of the 7 kingdoms. In some peoples mind there is a big difference between that and these other houses claim to the thrown that sort of took the easy way out by only having to overthrow 1 crazy ass king.

The Targaryens problem is that they haven't had a badass motherfuckin warrior to take that shit back since Rhaegar died. Until now that is....................

Szlia

I am not so sure about this anymore. The Tully's refer to Robb as their King. I remember a scene where the Blackfish scolded Robbs uncle saying "That's your king not your nephew". Also didn't he promise Harrenhall to Walder Frey as part of his "apology" to breaking the marriage pack. that shit definitely isn't in the North.

I sort of get the feeling that Robb is thinking he becomes King of all this shit.
Harrenhall is on Tully territory, at least it was before the current rebellion. As for Robb, I don't think he wants to become King of the 7 Kingdoms, he just wants to get his sisters back, avenge the death of his father and make sure the south will be ready when Winter comes.

This makes me wonder... was there any diplomatic communication between Robb and Stannis? It feels like Stannis just assumes Robb wants to steal the Iron Throne from him.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Incest doesnt matter as the targs can testify to. Its their marital staus when they have children
Really? Cause everyone seemed to care about Cersei's kids possibly being a result of incest. I'd say it was just because if proven true everyone would know Joffery wouldn't have a legit claim to the throne...but everyone acts plenty disgusted by the idea of it. Tywin goes to great lengths to not even discuss the rumor.

Perhaps once the Targs were overthrown some of the shit that was let go during their reign is now frowned upon.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Bastard = Parents not married. That is all, their social class or relation has no bearing on being a bastard or not. This is, historically, at least partially why marriage was invented in the first place, to create legitimate lines of succession for inheritance.

As far as incest goes in Game of Thrones, the Targaryen's were the only ones who practiced it as it was an old Valerian custom of the ruling nobles and it helped keep their blood "pure". The rest of the Seven Kingdoms families didn't take to the idea.

Also, Cersei's kids being Jaime's kids and not Robert's, besides being gross, also means they have no claim to the throne so the throne is legitimately Stannis'.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I agree with others, I don't think you ever read the books.

P.s. It's Thoros, not Thanos.

*edit: And this has been addressed. As you were.
ya got me. i never read them.
frown.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Really? Cause everyone seemed to care about Cersei's kids possibly being a result of incest. I'd say it was just because if proven true everyone would know Joffery wouldn't have a legit claim to the throne...but everyone acts plenty disgusted by the idea of it. Tywin goes to great lengths to not even discuss the rumor.

Perhaps once the Targs were overthrown some of the shit that was let go during their reign is now frowned upon.
as zhaun said, you can fuck your sister and the worst it makes you is a freak. if you marry your sister and have babes your kids are legit.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
as zhaun said, you can fuck your sister and the worst it makes you is a freak. if you marry your sister and have babes your kids are legit.
Which means that everyone who believes the rumors of incest between Jaime and Cersei thinks their children are both bastards and freaks.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I am under the impression you would have a hard time getting most Septons or Septas (priests/priestesses of the Seven) to knowingly marry siblings. Targaryen kings saying "fuck you marry us" of course being the exception, due to being so powerful, etc.

Again though, the biggest problem with Joffrey being Cersei and Jaimes' child is that he would have zero claim to the Iron Throne and the Lannisters would promptly be kicked the fuck out of King's Landing by Stannis, etc.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This makes me wonder... was there any diplomatic communication between Robb and Stannis? It feels like Stannis just assumes Robb wants to steal the Iron Throne from him.
Stannis has a huge stick up his butt. I think Davos suggested that they could team up with Robb since he only wanted the North and he could help them take down the Lannisters and Stannis just said something along the lines of "Robb Stark is a traitor OMFG I am too righteous to talk to him because I am the only true king blah blah blah".

iannis

Musty Nester
And it being a not-very-well-kept secret goes to show that familial claims to the throne don't matter too fucking much in Westeros to begin with, all of the grandstanding and noble speeches aside. He with the pointiest stick is King.

Was be. Is be. Will be.

The Lannisters have some very pointy sticks.

iannis

Musty Nester
Stannis is basically Al Gore.

He probably wouldn't be a bad king, but god what a self righteous cockgobbler.