GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Cybsled

lol

Cat didn't need to go all Event Horizon and deface herself in grief to make the scene work. If anything, the really brutal slaying of Robb's unborn child and his wife kinda compounded the tragedy a lot more (esp Robb's reaction...you could tell his will to live completely died when Talia did). Cat's anguished look/cry and how she literally just shuts down before she dies conveyed the fact that mentally she had just been completely broken.

Isn't part of his character that he always remains flat? Doesn't raise his voice, isn't excitable.
This.

building up characters to root for then recycle bin / deleting them is a shit ton of work. how the fuck can you get attached to anyone in westeros ever again. i am starting to have a bad case of no fucks given.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
even knowing what was going to happen, i was still shocked/furious/sad to actually see it go down.
if i happen to see charles dance walking down the street, i'm gonna kick him in the nuts.

Fedor

<Banned>
Don't we still have Joffrey and Tywin's deaths next week? Or are they moving both of those to next season?
JkMPyFv.jpg

JkMPyFv.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
building up characters to root for then recycle bin / deleting them is a shit ton of work. how the fuck can you get attached to anyone in westeros ever again. i am starting to have a bad case of no fucks given.
Behold, the pivotal moment in the book series that made me realize that GRRM was a mediocre fantasy author who relied entirely on shock value to generate reader interest. It's all downhill from here.
It's just shit awful writing, and it's 10x worse in the book because it's OBVIOUS AS FUCK that bad things are about to go down but Robb is just like HERP DERP LETS GO DUDES

Bodger

Silver Knight of the Realm
Behold, the pivotal moment in the book series that made me realize that GRRM was a mediocre fantasy author who relied entirely on shock value to generate reader interest. It's all downhill from here.

Thanks for the wedding crashers pic tho, im gonna go troll people on fb with that.
Kind of a dick move to come in here and say this shit. Let us sheep get along with what we watch and make our own judgements. I've been saving Storm of Swords for this season to end - I will let you know if I agree.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kind of a dick move to come in here and say this shit. Let us sheep get along with what we watch and make our own judgements. I've been saving Storm of Swords for this season to end - I will let you know if I agree.
Didn't know that expressing an opinion without any spoilers was a dick move, but ok.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Yea, Robb became a better king later, but that showed his obvious inexperience. Kings can't marry for love, even nobles cannot.

I cannot even believe the amount of tears over this. This is by far and away blowing my expectations right out of the water. I cannot contain the joy in me.

I honestly, have to say I have never felt so much hate for people who just watch the show as I do right now. The amount of crying is crazy. GOT has never really been about the characters; the characters were vehicles for themes and other shit - but obviously the tv show as a different beast very much places emphasis on these guys. My boyfriend for instance is just considering the Starks in what happened. He keeps saying "So who will be king now, and the starks are basically done, right?"

And that's hilarious to me, because while the Starks are a big family, SO MUCH OTHER SHIT is going on, not to mention that only three members of the family have died so far - there's still Rickon, Bran, Sansa, Arya and technically Jon Snow, so jesus.

I also had to explain the whole thing with Robb being dead and who would be King now to several people. When they asked, I was like, Joffrey is king. Everyone forgets that the Starks are technically in open rebellion, and everyone thought Robb wanted to take over King's Landing and be king. And I had to sit back and go, ok, you fucking idiots. He never really wanted to be king, he just wanted to make the Lannisters pay. Had the plan succeeded it was possible Joffrey might have ended up dying but no way was Robb killing Tommen or Myrcella.

Anyways it's hilarious, but would be even better if I weren't so disdainful of everyone on my facebook atm!

As far as the episode itself - I thought Roose's delivery was fine, it was different but to me Roose was always a very monotone guy. He never had ups, or downs, it always just seemed...routine with that guy. So very blatantly showing Cate he was armored, and then just "hey how's it going, fyi I am here to kill you" was badass.

The show was so good. It was so fucking epic; Frey pulled off this really awesome, DUDE WE ARE TOTALLY COOL the whole way. There was no spoiling at all - my BF was somewhat spoiled because people on twitter were just going nuts about what tonight might bring but other than that, it went from Doobie doobie doo to rains of castemere. Fucking awesome.

The womb stabbing was pretty god damn nuts. Also, watching them kill Grey Wind was sad. Do not want. I'm a terrible person that I was like, holy shit when they killed Talisa, and then OMG TURN AWAY when they killed Grey Wind.

It's just shit awful writing, and it's 10x worse in the book because it's OBVIOUS AS FUCK that bad things are about to go down but Robb is just like HERP DERP LETS GO DUDES
you have a legit point.

"hmm where will I take these characters now that I made them cardboard and boring..... hmmm .... hmmm ... *writers block* ... fuck it, *writes bloodbath* .... problem solved"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If anything, the really brutal slaying of Robb's unborn child and his wife kinda compounded the tragedy a lot more (esp Robb's reaction...you could tell his will to live completely died when Talia did).
What in the fuck? I haven't watched the episode, but that's a pretty major departure from the books, when his wife wasn't even at the wedding because it would have been a huge insult to the Freys for her to be present.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
If she never let Jamie go the Frey's could have never had done the Red Wedding. There is no way Tywin is going to risk Jamie being killed. Cat is an even bigger of a dumbass than Robb.
Cat is stupid, but if Robb married a Frey then Walder would not have betrayed him. Also if Robb never sent Theon back to his family then Winterfell would not have been burned, and Cat would not have let Jaime go. Cat freed Jaime because she thought Brann and Rickon were dead and wanted her daughters back.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Martin interview about it, plus other interviews linked at the end. From reading the show runner interview and Michele Fairlys interview, they may not be doing un-Cat.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/02/ga...e-red-wedding/
Thats disappointing if true. The best possible cliffhanger for the end of the season would be to have Joffrey's death, Tyrion dragged off, and then Cat found and resurrected by Ser Beric, with the show going sudden black after she opens her eyes.