GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
have 2 questions for the book readers:
can you tell me the current situation of Daenerys and Arya?
heard that jon snow disappears for a long period in the books....that period starts now (following the tv series)? and has he reappeared (in the books)?
thanks
The disappearance was that two of the books focused on specific groups over the same time period. So Essos and Westeros respectively per book over a 1 year (or whatever) time span. So unless a character was traveling, they wouldn't get mentioned on both books.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey uhm... Remember when Ned said "when I see you again, we'll talk about your mother..."

Yeah.

Yeahhh......
Yeah I know who Jon Snow probably is. My point was that all Robb knows is that his dad broke his wedding vows to get some strange while he was off rebelling against the mad king.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Kinda sucks to see people arguing over Jon Snow's bastardness(?) and Ned Stark's honor in the non spoiler thread and can't be like hey guess what that Stark blood in Jon probably doesn't come from Ned.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Absolutely - it was totally the 'right' or 'good' thing to do - it was not, however, the 'lawful' thing to do. That's pretty much Ned Stark all the way - he does what he thinks is the right thing, regardless of whether it fits his code of honor - like lying about being a traitor to protect his daughters or lying about ordering Catelyn to kidnap Tyrion or warning Cersei that Robert was going to totally kill her and her kids or bribing the city watch to seize the city after Robert dies. It's his tragedy that every time he does this, he fucks himself up further.
You're thinking too much about it like it's some comedic cartoony lawful good. It aint.

"Good implies altruism, respect for life, and a concern for the dignity of sentient beings. Good characters make personal sacrifices to help others."

Lawful Good
"Lawful Good is known as the "Saintly" or "Crusader" alignment. A Lawful Good character typically acts with compassion, and always with honor and a sense of duty. A Lawful Good nation would consist of a well-organized government that works for the benefit of its citizens. Lawful Good characters include righteous knights, paladins, and most dwarves. Lawful Good creatures include the noble golden dragons.
Lawful Good characters, especially paladins, may sometimes find themselves faced with the dilemma of whether to obey law or good when the two conflict?for example, upholding a sworn oath when it would lead innocents to come to harm?or conflicts between two orders, such as between their religious law and the law of the local ruler.
"

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
In the books when Ned dies his ghost appears to all his children. He leaves a message for Jon with Arya. When Arya asks him why he can't deliver it himself he says he can only appear to his children or something similar. Basically Ned != Jon's dad. The only other Starks alive at that point were Lyanna and Benjen. So if he's truly of Stark blood, which Ned says he is, chances are he's Lyanna's son, and Rhaegar was hitting that all the damn time, which was what started the rebellion in the first place.

Siliconemelons

I'm pretty sure Ned and Robert talked a little bit about Jon Snow's mother early in the show. Plus I'm pretty sure Ned told Jon that despite his name he has Stark blood.
There are a lot on conflicting stories even in the first few episodes in regards to this... When Robert directly asks him you can tell Ned is off put and not speaking the whole truth- something very hard for Ned.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
When did that happen, I don't remember Jedi Ned giving a blue ghost message to dem kids.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kinda sucks to see people arguing over Jon Snow's bastardness(?) and Ned Stark's honor in the non spoiler thread and can't be like hey guess what that Stark blood in Jon probably doesn't come from Ned.
Why wouldn't they think that, it's not like the show has gone out of it's way to prove otherwise. No Tower of Joy dream, barely even mention of Rhaegar (do non-book readers even know who Rhaegar is or even Lyanna Stark for that matter?)

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have the most insane theory ever that I just made up.

My theory is firstly that Ned has far too much honor to father a bastard. The dude died for his family, and died ultimately because of his honor. There's just no way I believe he had a bastard. I mean, it's possible I guess if there was a hot piece of ass and dude just wanted to fuck while on some drunken bender, but I don't see it. I HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS, IF MY THEORY IS CORRECT DO NOT SEND ME NEGS SAYING SO. With that said:

At first I was wondering if perhaps Jon Snow was actually a Targaeryn child that Ned tried to save, but he's not blonde.. they're all blonde I think? So he can't be. But what if... what if he's actually a bastard Robert Baratheon had with Ned's sister that he/she didn't want to stay with Robert after she died? BAM MY MIND IS BLOWN. I could be completely wrong, but that would be so righteous. I don't even know if Jon could ever find that out though, so they may never even say who his mother is in the books. Just me theorizing again. Maybe Robert never even knew, because he did ask Ned if he would tell him about his mother. Fuck man.
Holy shit. I hope this is correct. He certainly is "black of hair".

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why wouldn't they think that, it's not like the show has gone out of it's way to prove otherwise. No Tower of Joy dream, barely even mention of Rhaegar (do non-book readers even know who Rhaegar is or even Lyanna Stark for that matter?)
Lyanna got some mentioned in Season 1 when Robert talked about her to Ned and a little from Cersei to both Ned and Robert, but it's been awhile for most non book readers I'm sure to remember.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
They know Lyanna Stark from season 1 because of Robert talking about her non stop and never getting over her death. First or second episode of the show Robert makes Ned take him to the crypts so he can pay his respects to her. I don't think (or at least don't remember) if Rhaegar is ever mentioned by name. (Edit: Slow on my reply per normal).

And you're right, they shouldn't think otherwise. I was more just expressing "arg I wish I could say something!" because I find the Jon Snow arc the most interesting part of the books for me personally.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I doubt any hardcore fans of the show have forgotten who she was or how Bobby B felt about her. Rhaegar is another animal though, he hasn't gotten much attention at all. Barristan and Dany may still have a talk about him, but there's no way they can do justice to the subtle hinting and build up to Jon's origin story on the show. Same way they weren't coy about Renly and Loras' purple wedding tendencies.

Siliconemelons

Any time I read about the mad king or that someone mentions him I always just think of this guy...

b5chccb.jpg

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
In the books when Ned dies his ghost appears to all his children. He leaves a message for Jon with Arya. When Arya asks him why he can't deliver it himself he says he can only appear to his children or something similar. Basically Ned != Jon's dad. The only other Starks alive at that point were Lyanna and Benjen. So if he's truly of Stark blood, which Ned says he is, chances are he's Lyanna's son, and Rhaegar was hitting that all the damn time, which was what started the rebellion in the first place.
Huh?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He said ghost, he meant the dream the kids had after Ned's weight loss plan paid off. I don't recall anything about Robb/Sansa/Arya, but then 2 of them didn't need much of a heads up about it.

From a Rickon Wiki thing.

Like Bran, Rickon has a true dream on the night of Eddard Stark's death.Whether or not he will fully develop this ability over time is uncertain.In Rickon's dream, Eddard tells him that he is coming home and to wait for him in the crypt.The meeting place alone is all too ominous. Whether Eddard really reached out and touched his son's thoughts, or whether Rickon just "knew" Eddard's fate the way the wolves know is beyond explanation. The important thing is that, faced with the hope of seeing his father again, Rickon is perfectly ready to brave the loneliness and darkness of the crypt as long as Shaggydog is with him. Moreover, he will fight to stay there, to do what father says and wait for when he arrives. Rickon knows loneliness, anger, and sorrow, but there is very little he actually fears. Perhaps he is used to Shaggydog's protection, or it may be that the wolf at the heart of Stark grows fiercer in Rickon with every loved one he loses.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It was one of the dream sequences. All the Stark kids had one. Bran had the most vivid one of course, but they all saw him. Pretty sure it was Arya he left the message for Jon with though.