GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Hbo pussied out so hard we should have at least three or four more major deaths. Jamie was a no brainer, dani or jon, and brienna or redbeard. Prolly even gray worm and sansa too. And tyrion. Just pussy shit.

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Legit thought Sansa and/or Tyrion were about to commit suicide during that crypt scene.

• 11Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
feels good to be nostradamus

This was the best episode in a long while, maybe the best mass battle scene of the whole series.

The scene with the dothraki screamers fighting in the distance with their flaming blades that slowly wink out one by one, chilling as fuk.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hbo pussied out so hard we should have at least three or four more major deaths. Jamie was a no brainer, dani or jon, and brienna or redbeard. Prolly even gray worm and sansa too. And tyrion. Just pussy shit.

One of Dany/Jon, Jaime or Pod saving Brienne would have been totally fine. Tormund would have been good. Grey Worm basically a red shirt at this point and he collapsed the shit killing a bunch of his Unsullied early in the fight but still lived. Sansa and Tyrion have too much shit left to do. I'm not even sure I consider Theon a major death. Jorah literally only one that really matters. Edd and Lyanna hit the feels a little, but Lyanna went out a badass killing the undead giant like I knew she was going to as soon as it showed up in courtyard with her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

feels good to be nostradamus

This was the best episode in a long while, maybe the best mass battle scene of the whole series.

The scene with the dothraki screams fighting in the distance with their flaming blades that slowly wink out one by one, chilling as fuk.

I'll grant that whole sequence with the flaming swords going out little by little was fucked. Everyone still waiting just like "we're all dead".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

So Ser Friendzone, Ed, Dany's bloodrider (I forget his name), Melisandre, Lyanna Mormont, Theon, Beric as confirmed dead. Did Gilly die? I couldn't tell if the woman that got dragged away when the crypt zombies came to life was her or not.

MIA: Ghost? I mean, we don't see him after the initial charge, but then again we haven't seen him all season so who the fuck knows. The preview for next week seems to show both dragons lived.

Lower bodycount than I expected, but we still have 4 episodes left. Dany's forces got fucked hard, though. She pretty much lost all of her Dothraki and most of her unsullied died helping hold the line while everyone retreated. Dragons aside, her forces are massively diminished and now Cersei potentially fields a larger army, so that should even things up.

I'll grant that whole sequence with the flaming swords going out little by little was fucked. Everyone still waiting just like "we're all dead".

Ya, that scene was great. Everything is shitting their pants realizing that a Dothraki horde with fiery avengers got fucking destroyed in less than a minute.

Lyanna Mormont going out like a boss was an awesome exit for the little badass. Also, Sansa + Tyrion? Nice.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Yeah this whole episode was shot and edited for HDR10...

What a fucking shame that HBO broadcasts in 720p and the whole thing was a washed out piece of garbage.

Yeah, that was distracting the shit out of me the entire time. The 4K HDR Blu-Ray will be something to see I’m sure, but the broadcast quality was awful.

So, all that backstory with Bran and the Night King, and his entire purpose there was to cast that fucking bee spell from Bioshock?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
So Ser Friendzone, Ed, Dany's bloodrider (I forget his name), Melisandre, Lyanna Mormont, Theon as confirmed dead. Did Gilly die? I couldn't tell if the woman that got dragged away when the crypt zombies came to life was her or not.

MIA: Ghost? I mean, we don't see him after the initial charge, but then again we haven't seen him all season so who the fuck knows. The preview for next week seems to show both dragons lived.

Lower bodycount than I expected, but we still have 4 episodes left. Dany's forces got fucked hard, though. She pretty much lost all of her Dothraki and most of her unsullied died helping hold the line while everyone retreated. Dragons aside, her forces are massively diminished and now Cersei potentially fields a larger army, so that should even things up.

Well they have Arya so they can just send her to kill everyone. Np for the 13 year old girl who killed the most powerful fucking being in the world.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Not sure how I feel about it yet, need to let marinate what happened. Too fucking dark for one, I could barely see what was happening. Ughh, my initial reaction is disappointment and I am not fully certain why yet. Whooooole lot of fan service.

Also, Noodleface Noodleface confirmed sucking someone's dick at HBO.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

While Arya killing NK is cool in its way I guess...the whole buildup between him and Jon seems completely wasted at this point. Jon should have called him a coward for running away from him and raising everyone to block their fight.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
It was interesting to see this episode, and then think back to the first couple seasons with that "Oh, Tyrion got knocked out, so we don't get to see the battle" shit. They actually managed something that felt like an apocalyptic final battle.

• 2Like

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I thought that was pretty Epic actualy. Amazing episode. Library scene was fantastic. Some of the Dragon shots above the clouds...mmhmph.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Arya was trying to find out details about the undead. She is going to ninja her way to the NK dressed as a wight and peg him with her new weapon.
Yup.

I thought the episode kind of sucked. Too much music in an attempt to make it dramatic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

I thought that was pretty Epic actualy. Amazing episode. Library scene was fantastic. Some of the Dragon shots above the clouds...mmhmph.

The epicness of the battle was depicted pretty well, I'm sure many will complain about the dark but overall a lot of the shots were crazy good. Just kinda meh on Jon not getting his showdon with NK b/c Arya pulled ninja shit, and too many main characters made it out alive.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Fuck this show. That was the worst thing I've seen since LOST.

• 7Like
  • 6Worf
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 18 users