GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
And also turns the best and last of the Northmen into traitorous rapists.

What makes you think the Northmen are any different? It's been pointed out multiple times throughout the series that the average Stark/Lannister soldier is just an ordinary person caught up in someone elses war. They fucking used Ed Sheeran to hammer that point home.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
in the Battle of Blackwater, season 2 episode 9, Ser Davos says "I've never known bells to mean surrender." I guess Ser Davos forgot that

All this makes me do is remember how fucking good this show was for the first 4-5 seasons. I feel like I am at a funeral these last few eps.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
at this point the writers are just phoning it in "make eps5? fuck that, yo CGI dragon dood, go burn lots of shit for half a hour"

• 2Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
All fair points

All in all, I would say if they wanted to keep Dany's character in line with how she was, the final should have gone like this.

When they ring the bells, she hops over to her men and says "no one else dies unless they raise a sword to you. But the people who ordered this defiance will burn, all of you watch what happens when you defy a Targaryn (Or whatever, I'm sure an actual writer could produce better dialogue)." Then have her fly up, and burn down the red keep with Cersei and the other nobles inside. Like full on, fuck you burning.

Still ultra violent. Still skirting with her being too sadistic....But not crazy genocidal. That's in line with Dany's temper and viciousness. You still get a lot of the drama, its shocking she killed so many upper class who were also innocent, its shocking she burned people alive in such an indiscriminate manner, but its not indefensible like burning up mass civilians is.

They were just going extreme for the shock factor, I think, and it played poorly. Dany could have easily been shocking in character, there wasn't a need to violate her character like that.

• 3Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Last episode - the scorpions were super effective, this episode totally and utterly nullified.

There's no logic or consistency to this season

• 3Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
All this makes me do is remember how fucking good this show was for the first 4-5 seasons. I feel like I am at a funeral these last few eps.

That was the point all along. See, its really genius writing! They've had this theme in there for a while, that the show itself is dying, because it is!

• 2Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
All in all, I would say if they wanted to keep Dany's character in line with how she was, the final should have gone like this.

When they ring the bells, she hops over to her men and says "no one else dies unless they raise a sword to you. But the people who ordered this defiance will burn, all of you watch what happens when you defy a Targaryn (Or whatever, I'm sure an actual writer could produce better dialogue)." Then have her fly up, and burn down the red keep with Cersei and the other nobles inside. Like full on, fuck you burning.

Still ultra violent. Still skirting with her being too sadistic....But not crazy genocidal. That's in line with Dany's temper and viciousness. You still get a lot of the drama, its shocking she killed so many upper class who were also innocent, its shocking she burned people alive, but its not indefensible like burning up mass civilians is.

They were just going extreme for the shock factor, I think, and it played poorly. Dany could have easily been shocking in character, there wasn't a need to violate her character like that.

I said something very similar to my wife while watching. She snapped way too conveniently and to serve what purpose? She's always used her punishment in a calculated manner, not for the sake of blood. And why? Missandei? Pfft, drakaris please.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So yeah. Again to preface everything I'll be watching next Sunday regardless of what I say next.

Is it possible to go lower at this point? HBO leaking before the episode that there was more money and time available and it was Weiss and Benioff that made these choices. I mean, it's complete and total garbage at this point.

Jamie Lannister - Almost need to pretend he didn't even appear this season
Cersei - She's the big bad and yet she did what?
Dany - Largest heel turn in TV history outside of Hulk Hogan yet they show it all from Arya's point of view?
Clegane Bowl - You're telling me you can't give him two Greatswords or something crazy and he cuts through 100's of people until Sandor gets there? I mean something cool right? Instead that's it?
Bran - Still warging into crows while shit is going down?

It goes on and on. The true winner of GoT at this point is GRRM and there are no close 2nds. Wow......

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol, hope? or more larp?
The series finale is the only episode left for Game of Thrones following Season 8 Episode 5, "The Bells." The ending of the epic tale has drawn ire from many fans, but there might soon be another version for them to devour instead. According to one Game of Thrones actor, the conclusion of George R.R. Martin's epic fantasy series "A Song of Ice and Fire," on which Game of Thrones is based, is already written.
As flagged on Reddit, Barristan Selmy actor Ian McElhinney made a claim during a panel in April at Epic Con in St. Petersburg, Russia, that will have book fans screaming: Supposedly, Martin has finished the last two books of the series, "The Winds of Winter" and "A Dream of Spring." He just hasn't published them yet.
"I don't know if you know more than me about this, but what I've been told is that George has already written books six and seven," McElhinney said. "And as far as he's concerned, there only are seven books. But he struck an agreement with David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss], the showrunners of the series, that he would not publish the final two books until the series has completed. So all goes well, in another month or two, we might get books six and seven, and I'm intrigued to know how Barristan, for instance, ends up going through those final two books."

• 4Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So yeah. Again to preface everything I'll be watching next Sunday regardless of what I say next.

Is it possible to go lower at this point? HBO leaking before the episode that there was more money and time available and it was Weiss and Benioff that made these choices. I mean, it's complete and total garbage at this point.

Jamie Lannister - Almost need to pretend he didn't even appear this season
Cersei - She's the big bad and yet she did what?
Dany - Largest heel turn in TV history outside of Hulk Hogan yet they show it all from Arya's point of view?
Clegane Bowl - You're telling me you can't give him two Greatswords or something crazy and he cuts through 100's of people until Sandor gets there? I mean something cool right? Instead that's it?
Bran - Still warging into crows while shit is going down?

It goes on and on. The true winner of GoT at this point is GRRM and there are no close 2nds. Wow......
if you watch closely, an entire stone wall falls on Mountain. he grunts in pain. at that point he was depowered enough for Sandor to have a fighting chance.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
if you watch closely, an entire stone wall falls on Mountain. he grunts in pain. at that point he was depowered enough for Sandor to have a fighting chance.

You don't get it. Years of waiting for them to fight and basically Sandor walks straight up to him, they fight and that's it. Really? That's the best that can be done? It's just fan service at this point. They have no rhyme or reason for doing anything other than GRRM gave them the broadstrokes or they figure this is what makes the show work whether it actually does or doesn't.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You don't get it. Years of waiting for them to fight and basically Sandor walks straight up to him, they fight and that's it. Really? That's the best that can be done? It's just fan service at this point. They have no rhyme or reason for doing anything other than GRRM gave them the broadstrokes or they figure this is what makes the show work whether it actually does or doesn't.

Eh, of all the stuff to complain about (of which there are many the last few episodes), I thought Cleganebowl mostly lived up. Got to watch the Mountain completely say fuck you to Qyburn thinking he was in control, and the fight itself was good enough to live up. My only thing I would have done different is not constantly have been cutting back and forth to Arya running through the city during the fight, but the battle was still epic enough that it was miles better than most of the other big "moments" this season.

• 2Like

Ladro

Anomaly

So what you’re saying is he was basically shot in the leg by a bowcaster?

• 2Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Eh, of all the stuff to complain about (of which there are many the last few episodes), I thought Cleganebowl mostly lived up. Got to watch the Mountain completely say fuck you to Qyburn thinking he was in control, and the fight itself was good enough to live up. My only thing I would have done different is not constantly have been cutting back and forth to Arya running through the city during the fight, but the battle was still epic enough that it was miles better than most of the other big "moments" this season.

I guess if you look at it as being on a higher shit tier than everything else in the episode then I get your point but that's not a high bar.

They kept showing Arya to illustrate how Dany was murdering innocents instead of just actually having the character try to explain out what she was doing since they can't as it's retarded. I'm sure we'll get gif's of it tomorrow but the writers said the Red Keep itself made her go crazy....

• 1WTF

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm not going to point out anything that's already been said. it was a visually stunning episode.

as soon as the sad music started playing while jaime and cersei saw the blocked path in the basement i was like, OH THEY WANT THIS TO BE SAD? WAT.

also, i need to talk with the engineers of king's landing. houses being destroyed by a gout of flame is... well, somewhat believable, but stone? like, stones EXPLODE when they get hit by fire? i mean i know dragonfire is supposed to be like, magical or something but it was hitting with the force of a tactical nuke.

i was SORT of under the impression that bran warged into a horse for arya. you know, so that she could ride him.

• 3Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I kept thinking to myself this whole episode:

They really did it..... rocks fall, everyone dies, the end.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Yes, at least cleganebowl was decent enough, the one saving grace of the EP.

Could it have been better? Yes, but for the writer's pea sized brains it was a herculean effort which paid off with an "OK" result.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
"why did I watch beyond season 5?"
4* that retarded Dorne adventure from s5 was our first glimpse into the brilliance of Weiss and Benioff.

The ineffectiveness of the scorpions was ridiculous. Instead of having Dany triggered by success, why not have the scorpions work like the previous episode? Have them clip Drogon a few times and force Dany to be conservative. This would give the Golden Company and the rest of Cersei's forces a chance to not seem useless. It would also provide Dany a reason to go insane and murder innocents. After seeing her army fail to breach the wall and her dragon fail to eliminate the scorpions she could try the dive bomb maneuver directly on the Red Keep or something. Demoralize your opponent by just bypassing their defenses and eliminating the heart of the city. Drogon could just land in the fucking streets and casually torch everything until they surrendered.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
God I hope Bran gets the Iron Throne with wheels attached just for Merrith Merrith

I hope there is a Hugh Jackman cameo dressed as a Knight and he says “Who are you supposed to be? Wheels?”

The whole court laughs

Fade to black

Screamfeeder Screamfeeder send me my check or Venmo
I would but someone already made that joke months ago. Sorry man.

• 1Like