GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Oldbased

> Than U
I love how we all thought Dany would exploit the scorpion fatal flaw, the ability to aim high as she used the sun to dive in and take them out. Bad enough writing there but nope. She used the sun to do a flyby then just jammed the scorpion radar tracking while flying through the fields of fire and removing them one by one with only one ever coming close to her.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Some truly baffling elements, such as the fucking superweapon dragonfire that causes everything it touches to explode, and has no limits of its source. Drogon was putting A-10 Warthogs to shame. Suddenly useless ballistas. Cersei's end. (Though I did like that she shared it with Jaime) and Varys going out over some inane bullshit.

By god was it a great bit of production though. It looked amazing, and every bit of Arya trying to survive (minus Shadowfax) was great.

I guess the only question now is who will take out Hitler Stormborn. Arya is a good candidate after witnessing what the populace went through. If they fucking let Dany just piss off back to Mereen or whatever, it will cement the show as being the greatest fucking farce of all time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Next episode opening:

Sansa: Bran, can you see how the Siege of King's Landing is going?

mFB9z3b.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What
Some truly baffling elements, such as the fucking superweapon dragonfire

Literally the entire point of the dragons established over eight seasons is that they're actual super weapons

What a shit tier comment

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Cersei looked extra milfy
The whole thing with Arya and the horse looked like some weird teenage girls' bestiality fantasy.
Jon was ultra beta.
Hound was cool as fuck.
The Mountain was actually a Stay Puft Marshmellow Man from Ghostbusters
Dany showed what women really feel like when they are PMS'ing.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What
Some truly baffling elements, such as the fucking superweapon dragonfire

Literally the entire point of the dragons established over eight seasons is that they're literally super weapons

What a shit tier comment

• 1Picard

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
What

Literally the entire point of the dragons established over eight seasons is that they're literally super weapons

What a shit tier comment

Are you daft? Drogon's breath was making shit literally explode, levelling sections of a castle the instance the fire touch the stone, instead of just causing the stone to melt as has been demonstrated with harrenhal. Dragon breath has been demonstrated time and time again to just be extremely hot fire, and nowhere near the level that was demonstrated in this episode.

They needed him to be a superweapon in this episode and so they amped him up to be significantly more powerful than was established.

When I say he was a superweapon, I'm not talking about within GoT terms, I'm talking about in modern terms. It was absurd.

• 4Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
In rewatching the scene where the bells sound the surrender I think I understand a bit more of how they envisioned the character motivation. Note that Dany looks angry as she's sitting on Drogon's back after having blasted a ton of shit but once the bells start to ring she gets REALLY pissed. Emilia Clarke may not be the best actress on the planet but she's good enough to convey an uptick from angry to completely livid.

Dany is pissed because they surrendered. As mentioned at the top of the episode all the other citizens of cities she's come to the people have risen up to overthrow the masters, but here these people in King's Landing, the same people who stood by when her father and family were murdered, do the same now. They don't rebel against Cersei they just cower and expect that by causing all this pain and grief they now get to surrender and say 'okay we're done, no harm no foul amirite?' Cersei didn't have to deal with a Sons of the Harpy type situation where some of the million people in the city were actively trying to take her down. Nope the people of King's Landing are, to Dany, spoiled brats who have it far too good. In that moment she decides 'fuck these people, fuck these Westeros entitled fuckers' and lets it all just burn.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
In rewatching the scene where the bells sound the surrender I think I understand a bit more of how they envisioned the character motivation. Note that Dany looks angry as she's sitting on Drogon's back after having blasted a ton of shit but once the bells start to ring she gets REALLY pissed. Emilia Clarke may not be the best actress on the planet but she's good enough to convey an uptick from angry to completely livid.

Dany is pissed because they surrendered. As mentioned at the top of the episode all the other citizens of cities she's come to the people have risen up to overthrow the masters, but here these people in King's Landing, the same people who stood by when her father and family were murdered, do the same now. They don't rebel against Cersei they just cower and expect that by causing all this pain and grief they now get to surrender and say 'okay we're done, no harm no foul amirite?' In that moment she decides 'fuck these people, fuck these Westeros entitled fuckers' and lets it all just burn.

Along the same lines, I interpreted it as her being deprived of her ability to lead through fear (her decision in a previous scene) due to an early capitulation and she made the choice to settle the issue once and for all by nuking it from orbit (only way to be sure) to leave everyone no doubt that they must fear her, or die.

Or maybe the writers are just going for the stupid route and it was just her literally going insane.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Could of just had the two dragons battling the Iron fleet last episode instead of the retarded "Oh I forgot about that even though we just talked about it in the previous scene" as the two dragons are torching the shit out of the boats Elron Hubard could get a lucky shot and bring down one dragon before his entire fleet is burnt. Accomplishes the game thing a dragon dies and the iron fleet burns but just in a much less gay way.

The plot points aren't what is pissing everyone off about it show, it's the fucking hamfisted way these dick American Inventor retards are shoving them down our throats. They could have used one whole season for the war against the White Walkers and added more character development instead of warping like retarded cunts. You could see the envelopment of the north culminating in the battle at Winterfell.

Then this season could of been about the final war to end all wars and added a few more reasons to things to play out as they are, this would of given two seasons for Dany to descend into madness, hell maybe make it that something she saw during the White Walkers twisted her who fucking knows. Then you have worked a bit more on the prophesy shit and the Targ stuff without ramming it in the shit hole over 6 episodes most of which nobody is fucking talking about anything of importance.

The number of pure retard faggots who fail upward in Hollywood is astonishing. I guess is you are coked up enough with other cokeheads busy fucking whores and spending millions anything can sound like a good idea.

This has been my issue with these last two seasons as well. The major plot points in of themselves are not bad at all, and thus the outcomes. It's HOW they get to those that is completely rushed or just flat ass dumb. The decision to keep the two major plot lines running at the same time was a huge mistake. I knew two years ago, that this was going to make the ending flat, and unfortunately for once I was right. They spent way too much time in season 7 spinning their wheels (I don't think the story started moving in earnest until at least 2 episodes in), and then jumping back and forth between the two arcs watered both of them down. So they began this season, halfway into the grand finale, still in the early stages of both conclusions with only 6 episodes left.

With that said, I actually loved last night's episode for all the wrong reasons. My one complaint throughout the series is just how untouchable the core of the Lanisters truly was. Like almost "anti-Mary Sue" levels. As stupid and ham fisted as it was, seeing Cersei watch her own shit getting pushed in with absolutely nothing to do about it made it worth it in my mind. Yeah they've had some setbacks, but honestly losing Joffrey was a trade up (and I still think his death was lame as fuck), and who gives a fuck about the daughter (in the show). The only major set back they experienced was losing daddy war lion. And even then he was quickly replaced and they didn't lose a beat or any grip on the iron throne.

Last edited:
  • 4Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Of the seven kingdoms really only Dorne is left in a state where its reasonably okay. The North got fucked by ice zombies, the Iron Islands got triple or quadruple fucked by infighting, the Riverlands got ravaged several times during the course of all the wars, the stormlands got wrecked by having both Renly and Stannis gear up to try and take the throne etc.

Dorne lost Prince Martel and some of his bastard daughters but otherwise has never been invaded. Dany's ships got attacked on the way to get forces in Dorne so of all the Kingdoms they seem to be the only one that never actually fielded any armies in all of this craziness.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Nobody was going to be happy with the final season, but last night's was fine.

After catching up the past many pages, biggest criticism I see is Daeny going dark.
Obviously the writing, acting, and directing didn't portray it well enough, but I believe we're supposed to believe the loss of her child would provoke this.. and the taunting at the end of the last episode was the catalyst. She had never had one of her dragons die to another human before.

Another thing overlooked is the fact this isn't a full season, it's the end of season 7. Maybe it doesn't matter but there's a lot of comments about "this season" regarding character involvement, if taken as a whole (7+8) I believe all characters are represented well enough.

And what's the complaining about Jaime's arc? Of all the deaths, I thought his was done near perfectly. Killing of her last suitor, denying Euron the kill, in the arms of Cersei... it was better than he deserved... however, Cersei's death was the complete opposite and the absolute worst way for her to go.

Also,

dust? that's snow. and it's a vision so it's all metaphorical. so either jon snow sits on the iron throne, or the night king comes and... erm... sits on the iron throne.

End of the ep started to look a lot like that vision.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Cringe
  • 1WTF

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Some truly baffling elements, such as the fucking superweapon dragonfire that causes everything it touches to explode, and has no limits of its source. Drogon was putting A-10 Warthogs to shame. Suddenly useless ballistas. Cersei's end. (Though I did like that she shared it with Jaime) and Varys going out over some inane bullshit.

By god was it a great bit of production though. It looked amazing, and every bit of Arya trying to survive (minus Shadowfax) was great.

I guess the only question now is who will take out Hitler Stormborn. Arya is a good candidate after witnessing what the populace went through. If they fucking let Dany just piss off back to Mereen or whatever, it will cement the show as being the greatest fucking farce of all time.

Jon Snow witnessed it too.

He’s gonna kill that bitch.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not gonna say who but there's some serious nostradouching in this thread. Chill out with that shit.

Yeah, I read the spoilers too and they're probably right. No need to pretend like you came up with that shit on your own. You know who you are.

Disclaimer: I did not read the spoilers until after I predicted the Arya acrobatic kill. That I will take to my grave as the greatest prediction of my life.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users