GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

SeanDoe1z1

Spartacus finale probably one of my more lasting memories of a series I enjoyed finishing.

I care a little bit less about GoT finale as I hold close to zero investment in the books. I was hoping for a more complicated ending that paints a bigger picture on Westoros' shitty dynamics and it increasingly looks they will continue down the path they're on. Was hoping for a more complex ending they have laid the bread crumbs for, but whatever.

Tits, swords, and dragons. No regrats. I'm not sure on Tyrion's end. Either he kills Mad Queen a la Jamie full circle arc, or Bronn kills him out of some twisted fucked up M Knight shamadingdong twist. I think the writers did a good job at fucking everything up over the last 2 seasons that we have no idea what to expect. Kind of like the next Star Wars movie...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That's Quaithe.

This is probably going to get me laughed at on this particular forum, but I happen to think Star Wars is a good fit for DnD. Like I said earlier they are great at adapting other peoples macro stories into a viewing format. The caveat of course is you need to make sure someone else is there for them to listen to, or at least keep them on track for a fulfilling narrative conclusion.

I have and always will defend Lucas for his "Big Ideas". You just have to keep him away from the directors chair, any type of camera and an editing booth.

You give Lucas some crayons and a big piece of paper in a solitary room and then have DnD shoot and adapt whatever he draws and you could have gold on your hands. These people just need to know their roles.

I'd agree with this, however Lucas is no longer writing even outlines for Star Wars. Lucas had story outlines for episodes 7 and on, but Disney didn't want to use those and wanted to do their own thing instead. Lucas didn't want to be involved after that.
Not my speculation, there's an interview clip of Lucas saying this in the ep 7 or 8 Plinkett review.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
no wonder this shit script writing don't make no sense

they're fucking playing pattycake w/ the script

these two fuck nuggets wrote eps 3-6, w/ no GRRM outline to guide em, they're just headless chickens

Rian Johnson changed the whole game. D&D are just innovators.

Honk honk.

• 2Worf
  • 1Rimshot

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if Tyrions betrayal will be found out... and again proving even HE only truly is loyal to his family. Truly the entire point is that the lannister CANNOT be trusted by anyone.

Actually since there is no Lannister family left, he can now be truly loyal to Dany. It's a bit like patricide, it is very hard to be a repeat offender.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know what's really crazy? I never heard Iain Glen talking out of character. Dude must have been dropping like 3-4 octaves to do Ser Jorah.

"emilia has no idea how good she is"
wow, he literally never breaks character.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

At least the internet delivers the proper burn memes.

btw Tormund, the big woman is single again.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

So who else thinks they had to have the northern army men start raping randomly because...reasons... just because they showed drothraki randomly mowing down woman and children and they didn't want to be called out racist. Even if one fits and the other really doesn't - I get there are some that are going to be like "rape time!" But not just every single one like a switch- while the horsemen going allahackbar, you know fits. The unsullied just killing and killing opposition with no regard also perfectly fits them.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So who else thinks they had to have the northern army men start raping randomly because...reasons... just because they showed drothraki randomly mowing down woman and children and they didn't want to be called out racist. Even if one fits and the other really doesn't - I get there are some that are going to be like "rape time!" But not just every single one like a switch- while the horsemen going allahackbar, you know fits. The unsullied just killing and killing opposition with no regard also perfectly fits them.

You're grasping at straws.

• 3Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
i mean there are shitty Northerners... we know this for a fact. They aren't the Justice League of Winterfell. Hell after the White Walkers they probably have a higher percentage of assholes left since all the good guys would have sacrificed themselves against the undead. You wouldn't see any Boltons going out mega-baller like the Mormonts.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The north is savage compared to the south in a lot of ways. One of the major houses was all about flaying people alive, and that house almost replaced the Starks. Plus, consider that the north has been at war with the south for the entire series, losing two leaders to abhorrent dishonorable acts, and thousands of their sons in the war, as well as being under their yoke for centuries. That some of them would resort to rape as they're finally winning is not surprising at all.

As for why they showed it, I think it was just to further reinforce their attempt at showing the horror that was being inflicted on the city as a result of Dany not accepting their surrender, with only always-good Jon opposing it.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Rofl, as I said earlier, they've repeatedly made the point that your average soldier, whether North or Lannister, is an ordinary person and not good or evil based on their alliegance.

They used fucking Ed Sheeran to hammer home that point

The rampaging Northern troops did what most other soldiers would do in that situation, succumbed to their bloodlust

Siliconemelons

Yeah but when Jon stopped that one guy, he should have stopped - not, wtf Jon? Kingofdanorf? Bahhh need pussy! Aww got stabby

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There was no dilemma of character in that scene. The ENTIRE army save a handful of people immediately went into pillage and murder mode. The show has been filled with armies at war for many, many seasons and the only other army present in that scene that acted that way was The Dothraki, which is why them going nuts isn't jarring, but everyone else just flipping that switch and going all in is.

I'm sure there were plenty of other rapists and murderers in each of the armies and then there probably would have even been others who just followed and joined in because they didn't know how to handle what the fuck was going on. But not every single person in each of the other outfits would instantly lose any and all conscience about killing women and children.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Quaithe video is good. Explains where Dany is headed and if accurate makes her going crazy actually believable if she ends up believing what she’s seeing in those visions/dreams.

We’ll never know cause the books will never be finished.

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
That dude trying to kill Jon over some strange in the middle of dragon strafing runs was quite the stretch.

• 3Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
how the fuck did so many of the dothraki army survive the battle of winterfell? Did some of them kinda forgot that there even was a battle? Or when we saw them charge into the darkness, some of them were like "fuck this, I don't feel like fighting tonight"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Melisandre didn't actually commit suicide, she sacrificed her last magic reserves rezzing them all.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Spartacus finale probably one of my more lasting memories of a series I enjoyed finishing.

I care a little bit less about GoT finale as I hold close to zero investment in the books. I was hoping for a more complicated ending that paints a bigger picture on Westoros' shitty dynamics and it increasingly looks they will continue down the path they're on. Was hoping for a more complex ending they have laid the bread crumbs for, but whatever.

Tits, swords, and dragons. No regrats. I'm not sure on Tyrion's end. Either he kills Mad Queen a la Jamie full circle arc, or Bronn kills him out of some twisted fucked up M Knight shamadingdong twist. I think the writers did a good job at fucking everything up over the last 2 seasons that we have no idea what to expect. Kind of like the next Star Wars movie...

i was JUST about to say spartacus. the entire show was amazing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's my favorite Star Trek series but it's always rubbed me the wrong way that in the second part they waste a bunch of time on a montage. All Good Things, the final episode of TNG, is an A+ 10/10 finale.
The montage was only part of the bad. Too many plot threads sewn up too quickly. Also, so much reused battle footage.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The men of the north giving KL a good raping isn't surprising. Doing so 5 minutes after breaching while the fighting was going on all around them and a dragon is killing everyone is. You know how hard it's going to be to get a northman's armor off and how vulnerable you'll be? lol.

It's just one of dozens of things about the show where the writers wanted to accomplish something but did it in such a sloppy way that it ruined the viewer's appreciation of it as a serious act.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users