GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
5000 years before GOT? So it takes place in a cave, with people who can barely speak, living with other bizarre species of humans, no iron weapons, and probably unable to even make fire. (I'm sure some faggot will tell me exactly when cavemen invented fire)

Sounds like it will be more coherent than this season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
5000 years before GOT? So it takes place in a cave, with people who can barely speak, living with other bizarre species of humans, no iron weapons, and probably unable to even make fire. (I'm sure some faggot will tell me exactly when cavemen invented fire)

The Doom of Valyria occured 5000 years before GoT, when every ruling house in Valyria had dragons and House Targaryen was a minor house that had little prospect. Around the same time the Doom happened, the Andals crossed over to Westeros and began their war with the Children of the Forest, who lived in Westeros with their Weir wood forests. As the children of the forest lost battle after battle to the superior numbers and army of men, in desperation the children created the White Walkers.

A picture of Valyria right before The Doom. Hopefully its more Conan than Wonder Woman. You'll probably see two threads in the new show, Valyria day to day life (think ancient Sumerian, Babylonian, Egyptian civs) before "something" fucks up their entire civilization and another thread of Andals conquering Westeros, aka European White conquistadors invading South America

Fourteen_Flames.jpg

meanwhile in modern day Westeros

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A picture of Valyria right before The Doom
In 5000 years they didn't make many advancements in architecture or building materials did they?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
The entirety of old Valyria was destroyed, and then some time between then and now on Westeros there was a long night, which I imagine also set back advancements in technology. Not that those two events excuse the lack of forward progress but it explains it away a little bit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The Doom of Valyria occured 5000 years before GoT, when every ruling house in Valyria had dragons and House Targaryen was a minor house that had little prospect. Around the same time the Doom happened, the Andals crossed over to Westeros and began their war with the Children of the Forest, who lived in Westeros with their Weir wood forests. As the children of the forest lost battle after battle to the superior numbers and army of men, in desperation the children created the White Walkers.

A picture of Valyria right before The Doom. Hopefully its more Conan than Wonder Woman. You'll probably see two threads in the new show, Valyria day to day life (think ancient Sumerian, Babylonian, Egyptian civs) before "something" fucks up their entire civilization and another thread of Andals conquering Westeros, aka European White conquistadors invading South America

Fourteen_Flames.jpg

The First Men crossed into Westeros well before Valyria rose to power. As in, thousands of years.

• 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, rape and murder is part of war. It usually happens AFTER the city is taken, not in the middle of fucking fighting the opposing army.

No soldier will drop their pants and start raping while the opposing force is still fighting.

4th generation US Army wartime veteran here, can confirm that I NEVER dropped pants and started raping while the opposing force was still fighting.

On a different topic, do other GoT fans out in the world rage on the writing this season or are we just a small niche corner of the internet?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

hory

4th generation US Army wartime veteran here, can confirm that I NEVER dropped pants and started raping while the opposing force was still fighting.

That made me laugh, thank you sir!

It was so stupid they wrote that into the episode.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

On a different topic, do other GoT fans out in the world rage on the writing this season or are we just a small niche corner of the internet?

Very few people are loyal to GoT now.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A show about Valyria seems interesting. Mostly because Essos seems like a far more interesting place than Westeros.

Jive Turkey

Karen
It's a huge coincidence that two 10 year franchises are reaching their finale within the same month (GoT / Avengers), and it's also a coincidence that both have these multi-dimensional / multi-timeline inspection characters (Bran and Dr. Strange).

More than most parallels between the franchises, the comparison between Bran and Dr. Strange is especially biting. Dr. Strange is shown to surgically guide events in abstruse ways that are shown to work out great in the end in a huge finale that is an emotional high for the viewer while still maintaining congruency within the show's lore.

Bran is shown to do fuck all, say fuck all, generally be boring, worthless and also triggers the greatest holocaust in Westeros without any warning of its coming. Before this season he was also built up to be the key to unlocking understanding of the show's deeper lore and fantasy, but that was never realized. Instead we get a comment about his fucking chair.

so no

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's gonna suck simply because they have zero characters GRRM came up with to use in the show. The characters carried the whole thing to the finishing line, without them GoT would have been cancelled half way through.

And that is precisely what I'll expect from Blood Moon. Strong viewer count for episodes 1 and 2, then people will realize it's just action with no interesting cast behind it, and episode three will have a fraction of the viewers. Season 2 terminated before Season 1 even finishes.

hory

So what was worse, season 2 of West World, or season 8 of GoT. I say West World because they had the episode about the Indians backstory, that was at least original.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm

Fourteen_Flames.jpg

You’re way off on when the Doom occurred. It was only about 100-150 year before Aegon’s Conquest. The empire lasted for about 5000 years, that’s where you’re getting that number.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's a huge coincidence that two 10 year franchises are reaching their finale within the same month (GoT / Avengers), and it's also a coincidence that both have these multi-dimensional / multi-timeline inspection characters (Bran and Dr. Strange).

More than most parallels between the franchises, the comparison between Bran and Dr. Strange is especially biting. Dr. Strange is shown to surgically guide events in abstruse ways that are shown to work out great in the end in a huge finale that is an emotional high for the viewer while still maintaining congruency within the show's lore.

Bran is shown to do fuck all, say fuck all, generally be boring, worthless and also triggers the greatest holocaust in Westeros without any warning of its coming. Before this season he was also built up to be the key to unlocking understanding of the show's deeper lore and fantasy, but that was never realized. Instead we get a comment about his fucking chair.
Bran is the whole reason for the NK coming south. why? never explained other than "muh 3 eyed raven" outside of that title he had no consequence, just like his predecessor. although his predecessor was actually somehow proactive a bit in shaping westeros politics. he was a Targaryan.
Winterfell is 8000 years old. they had the same or better tech back then.
According to legend, Winterfell was built by Brandon the Builder, who was aided by giants,[26] after the Long Night ended eight thousand years ago.[12] Maesters believe it was built in pieces over different eras, since the ancient Starks did not level the ground and plan it as a single structure.[12]
For most of recorded history Winterfell was the seat of House Stark, the Kings in the North and later Wardens of the North, after King Torrhen Stark bent the knee to Aegon the Conqueror and his dragons. During the wars between the Kings of Winter from House Stark and the Red Kings from House Bolton, Winterfell was burned by Kings Royce II and Royce IV Bolton of the Dreadfort prior to the Andal invasion of Westeros.[27]

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
xaegp8lkjey21.jpg

Bloodmoon is the prequel to GoT, not sure what the release date is. D&D have no creative input on it, but I can't imagine its gonna be easy for HBO to walk that line of "This is more Game of Thrones! But it has nothing to do with the people who brought you the last season of GoT!" lol

5000 years?

tumblr_mea2utEuml1qedb29o1_500.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users