GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I for one saw it coming when Missandei's head got cut off right after she shouted drakaris. I said oh good she's gonna go psycho. Other build up is suggested when her second dragon is killed. I don't think it came from nowhere. I think her time after crossing the sea corrupted her like all the others except for Snow. But she kinda corrupted him too.

Oh and I saw a turning point in him too. I wonder if he whacks her.

Nobody here is arguing that. That happened in the last 2 episodes. No real build up causing it to feel contrived.

The execution of that story arc has been garbage. We're all just arguing whether the writers led us there over the course of the series or not. I don't think they did, others do. They could have shown her gradually becoming disillusioned with her council, starting to disregard their input, acting on her own without consulting them, etc. Instead they had her listen to them, send ambassadors to Cersei, get talked into going north to see the threat for herself and abandon her ambition for the greater good of mankind.

The point Jive is bringing up with her finally being fed up with the failures she has put her trust in is logical. How we got there is not. The writers purposely led us away from that ending over the course of the last several seasons in favor of shock value.

I mean damn... they could have had some overzealous Lannister archer look around in shock and diusgust when everyone started laying their swords down and just fire an arrow at dany causing her to go into a violent fit of rage. It wouldn't have been great but it still would have been better than what we got.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Nobody here is arguing that. That happened in the last 2 episodes. No real build up causing it to feel contrived.

The execution of that story arc has been garbage. We're all just arguing whether the writers led us there over the course of the series or not. I don't think they did, others do. They could have shown her gradually becoming disillusioned with her council, starting to disregard their input, acting on her own without consulting them, etc. Instead they had her listen to them, send ambassadors to Cersei, get talked into going north to see the threat for herself and abandon her ambition for the greater good of mankind.

The point Jive is bringing up with her finally being fed up with the failures she has put her trust in is logical. How we got there is not. The writers purposely led us away from that ending over the course of the last several seasons in favor of shock value.

I mean damn... they could have had some overzealous Lannister archer look around in shock and diusgust when everyone started laying their swords down and just fire an arrow at dany causing her to go into a violent fit of rage. It wouldn't have been great but it still would have been better than what we got.

Fair points to both of u. This season could be a few episodes longer for sure.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
I'd much prefer this ending.

• 6Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
I think the North and Daenerys' armies will destroy one another. There will be nothing left and the wild boar that killed Robert Baratheon will take the iron throne, completing the plan he set in motion 8 seasons ago

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In the finale we learn that the magicks of R'lor were used to bring Robb Starke back from the dead.

https://images2.alphacoders.com/606/606173.jpg

The results were...unfortunate.

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think the North and Daenerys' armies will destroy one another. There will be nothing left and the wild boar that killed Robert Baratheon will take the iron throne, completing the plan he set in motion 8 seasons ago
pfft. the northern army seemed happy as clams to get their rape on as soon as dany flagged them all pvp

spronk

FPS noob
s21f9zce8jy21.jpg

also grey worm shouldn't have burned missandrei's slave collar, beyond the fact that leather doesn't really burn in fireplaces it also did an amazing job holding up those fantastic titties

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Watching this climb by 3-5 people per second is fun. Should be over 500k soon. I don’t expect anything to come of it but hopefully the guys who rushed this get blacklisted or something.

So you want D&D to be blacklisted. Well there's this little sci fi franchise...

Can tell who reads the thread and who skims.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So you want D&D to be blacklisted. Well there's this little sci fi franchise...

Can tell who reads the thread and who skims.

Uh I read the thread. There’s also a petition to have them booted off Star Wars due to how bad GoT turned out.

Nice try though slick.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
hopefully the guys who rushed this get blacklisted or something.

yeah whichever guys they are i really hope those fellas get blacklisted idk who but hopefully theyre blacklisted

• 1Picard

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think my biggest disappointment this season is the ratio of how bad it is compared to how many posts it spawns in this thread. Makes no fucking sense.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
yeah, i think that was the final straw for dany.

i don't know, you're right, it's not like it didn't come out of nowhere. it didn't. it was just executed so poorly that it doesn't feel genuine, which is i think where people are actually getting upset.

let's just decompress the miss sunday thing... the writers needed her to die to push dany over the edge. but she can't just die, it has to be in an unwarranted act of aggression. so we'll have miss sunday and grey worm take the unsullied to south and get ambushed. but, no army in the world is going to ambush the unsullied, so we need to have them go by sea, because the unsullied aren't a naval force. so we'll have dany push her forces beyond reason in order to separate the unsullied from the rest of the northern forces. then we'll have euron take out a dragon in the ambush just to solidify dany's loses. so we'll have miss sunday get captured, and then we'll have cersei execute her in front of dany. there's no REASON for cersei to execute her, we just want dany to be so pissed off that she burns king's landing indiscriminately.

it's become EXTREMELY obvious that the writers are working backwards to get things where they need them, instead of the characters driving the story. the books were ALWAYS character driven, and the show started out being character driven. it's what people have really latched onto for so long, and now that's shifted and none of the audience is on board.

nikolaj coster-waldau did one of those silly auto-complete interviews a few months back... someone asked "does jaime get redeemed" and nikolaj gave THE BEST answer for jaime. "Does someone who stopped a million people from burning NEED to be redeemed?"

i WISH the writers understood that depth when they wrote this season.

I would have absolutely expected Cersei to execute her?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think my biggest disappointment this season is the ratio of how bad it is compared to how many posts it spawns in this thread. Makes no fucking sense.

We paid the iron price over many years to earn our right to bitch about it turning to shit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think he was being wry with that "Makes no fucking sense" remark.

fuck no i'm not that smart, I just liked posting in this thread but I can't think of any thing to say except that most the conversations come from a position of the writers not just going through the motions. we might as well be talking about 30 rock at this point

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Despite all this bitching. Everyone is gonna watch the final episode. I guess hbo doesn’t do ad revenue but that’s one more week they have sub $.
Maybe they should delay the final episode a few weeks to see who cracks.
And yea the show is ruined. Was really ruined after season 4-5 but the episode after winterfell this year just sealed it’s fate by throwing away years of ‘winter is coming’ plotline. My expectations truly have been subverted, mission accomplished dnd

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Despite all this bitching. Everyone is gonna watch the final episode. I guess hbo doesn’t do ad revenue but that’s one more week they have sub $.
Maybe they should delay the final episode a few weeks to see who cracks.
And yea the show is ruined. Was really ruined after season 4-5 but the episode after winterfell this year just sealed it’s fate by throwing away years of ‘winter is coming’ plotline. My expectations truly have been subverted, mission accomplished dnd
honestly if i couldnt shit talk the show here, i wouldnt have bothered with this season at all, let alone season 7.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

There was less snow on the ground once "winter" came than there was a couple weeks ago here in spring.

• 1Worf