GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There was less snow on the ground once "winter" came than there was a couple weeks ago here in spring.

No shit. Whenever the last winter was described in the books I pictured a giant tundra for ten years or however long it went, everything buried in 10 foot snow drifts, non stop biting winds, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At the end of Dance? When Stannis is outside Winterfell, isn’t the storm already burying everything? I imagine actual winter to be immensely worse than that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
After skimming back through I really think seasons 5 and 6 weren't all that bad, that was just when the cracks started showing compared to how strong the show started. There was still a lot of good mixed in with the bad. Season 7 is where the show truly fell apart and the good scenes were like trying to find a wedding ring in the bottom of a septic tank.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
7A3E8050-C464-44C8-A997-E70AFF8C0523.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
At the end of Dance? When Stannis is outside Winterfell, isn’t the storm already burying everything? I imagine actual winter to be immensely worse than that.

Just in the show, it never felt like winter ever arrived.

I haven’t read Dance. I swore the books off after Feast as I realized he would never finish or would be 5-10 years between books and I wouldn’t remember what was going on. There’s still opportunity for him to make winter arriving feel brutal and epic in the books I’m sure. I won’t ever know unless he finishes the series though.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
D&D will probably say in the after the episode segment that

"Westeros just kind of forgot about winter."

Nothing to see here.

• 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
D&D will probably say in the after the episode segment that

"Westeros just kind of forgot about winter."

Nothing to see here.

We kind of figured the salt from all the got fan tears would just melt the snow.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Watching this climb by 3-5 people per second is fun. Should be over 500k soon. I don’t expect anything to come of it but hopefully the guys who rushed this get blacklisted or something.

This was HBO's fault as well. They knew that these guys wanted to leave GoT and they could've gotten a new showrunner and did more seasons. D&D seemed like they wanted to get out of the show when they ran out of Martin's material. I mean they did do some great stuff throughout the series. This is them phoning in what they could with 6 episodes that should've probably been 20. They are off to Star Wars now where they can fuck with that lol.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Thousands of years ago, there came a night that lasted a generation. Kings froze to death in their castles, same as the shepherds in their huts; and women smothered their babies rather than see them starve, and wept, and felt the tears freeze on their cheeks... In that darkness the White Walkers came for the first time.

Truly a winter to be feared...

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

I haven’t read Dance. I swore the books off after Feast as I realized he would never finish or would be 5-10 years between books and I wouldn’t remember what was going on. There’s still opportunity for him to make winter arriving feel brutal and epic in the books I’m sure. I won’t ever know unless he finishes the series though.
you know this series is way the fuck overdue, when....
id1619.png

Npc_lady_shae.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

In the last book it's definitely winter in the north and people are definitely fucked. Ramsey wrecked or burned every part of Winterfell that could be wrecked or burned and they're down to eating horses. The Boltons and related allies are only there to project power but they're completely isolated, snowbound and under supplied with a series of "accidents" befalling soldier after soldier. Stannis is marching on them but his men are all freezing the death. If we get a Battle of the Bastards in the books it's going to be one pile of nearly frozen scarecrows versus another.

The North is just so fucked in the books compared to the show it confuses me.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Stop making me want to read it.

I've read it twice. The first time I did not have many good things to say about it. The second time I skipped every Dany and Tirion chapter and I was very happy with it. They're both just so much fucking deadwood. Dany is in Meer! It's not going great! Tirion is traveling across the narrow sea! He's sad!

Repeat for like 20 goddamn chapters between the two of them. Fuck.

• 1Solidarity

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Turtles, chess, and more turtles
When I first read book 4, I thought "why the fuck are Dorne and the Iron Islands getting added?" but they both ended up being awesome in the end. Euron and Victarion, the Sand Snakes, Arianne, Areo, etc. When I first read book 5, I thought Tyrion's turtle journals were lame. In the end, they were still lame.

Still thought it was worth the read though. If this travesty of a season isn't motivation for Gurrm to finish this shit, maybe some crazed fan will Misery his ass.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I would have absolutely expected Cersei to execute her?

on the surface, i expected cersei to execute her too, but not because it was a smart move. there was NOOOO strategic reason to execute her. i mean, if we do a thought exercise to try to ascertain cersei's motivation in doing so, it basically just pans out to cersei being angry, short-sighted and vindictive. those are characteristics that cersei has shown in the past but not nearly to such an incoherent degree.

cersei wants to kill miss sunday to draw dany into a rage, showing everyone that dany IS the mad queen. based on her actions in this season, cersei WANTS dany to burn down king's landing.

why would she ACTUALLY WANT that? i mean i get that cersei is selfish and doesn't really care about her subjects, and actively spurns them (especially after the whole "shame walk") but even cersei knows that you can't rule without someone to rule over.

• 1Like

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
I figured trying to poison her. The girl said something about her not eating.
Bearing in mind I havent seen the episode yet, just youtube clips, he specifically brought up that he was worried about her because she wasnt eating, which ties in perfectly with not trying to poison her.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users