GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
There's been ZERO insight into how Jon feels about his parentage, other than "I don't want it" every five minutes.

The identity of his mother and his bastard status were core elements of his character, but ZERO follow up, awful

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The slaughter of many thousands of innocents because you just won a war, but you're insecure and your nephew doesn't want to fuck you anymore is completely normal and rational behavior
Well the entire situation is also completely insane.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I don't understand why people read what happened as Danny becoming mad. The fact that she burns Kings Landing after saying months earlier that she does not want to burn Kings Landing does not make her mad. I would go as far as saying she did not change her mind on the subject: she did not want to burn Kings Landing, but she had to. Her one and only goal is to sit on the Iron Throne and reign. When the bells toll, she has not won, she has lost. No one loves her, no one fears her, everyone love Jon and soon everyone through the 7 Kingdoms will know he has a better claim to the Iron Throne than her. No matter what Jon does, it makes her reign basically impossible, or, at best, for show only, because slowly asserting her authority through peace time politics is something for which she is ill equipped. So, her one shot to reign is to be feared. It's not a very good shot, because she will instantly lose many of her allies and get many enemies, but it's a situation she probably can navigate better.

Now, I guess that following a logic that leads to an indiscriminate slaughter could be characterized as a symptom of madness, but it's not what people have been saying.....
I think you could consider her feared when she almost single handedly destroyed the Iron Fleet, the walls and scorpions surrounding King's Landing, and the Golden Company with hardly a scratch. The city surrendering is a pretty good indication she was feared. Burning the city after completely buttfucking the city's defense falls under Mad Queen territory. Which would've been fine had there been a proper trigger. Saving Rhaegal's or Missandei's deaths for the attack on KL would've been much more palatable.

Pretty sure no one loved Aegon Targaryen when he conquered Westeros but I don't recall him having to burn each capital city to ashes for them to bend the knee.

Cybsled

One way to explain it: one consistent aspect is she has constantly been expecting people to flock to her banner. Pre-Westeros she thinks the common people will flock to her, then later on she is told to try the Essos method (let the people overthrow). Her first instincts were to burn shit down and win, but was told by those she trusted (and now feels betrayed by) to not do that and she listened. Now she has lost most of her friends, feels like her goal is now being undermined by those she once trusted and loved, and the thing she fought for received pretty much no local support (she’s got what? The north and the vale?). Then she finally wins the final battle, the people just want to surrender, and she just gets super pissed. She lost almost everything and it is to rule over people who want fuck all to do with her or are neutral about the whole affair. So she goes back to olenna’s advice and her original instincts: make them fear you and burn the fucker down

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm ready for Sunday to get here, so that way I only have to suffer for another 3 to 6 months of the internet collectively sperging out about this show. I've not been overly impressed with this season, not as butt-hurt as many that I've seen, but definitely far from the best ending we could have gotten. I'm am ready for closure though, in whatever form that may come. A lot of good shows coming to an end within a relatively short period of time, multiple life long fan favorite franchises becoming questionable, I feel like it's a good time to step away from TV/Cinema, and go back to mainlining video games, assuming that industry doesn't also continue shitting the bed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
One way to explain it: one consistent aspect is she has constantly been expecting people to flock to her banner. Pre-Westeros she thinks the common people will flock to her, then later on she is told to try the Essos method (let the people overthrow). Her first instincts were to burn shit down and win, but was told by those she trusted (and now feels betrayed by) to not do that and she listened. Now she has lost most of her friends, feels like her goal is now being undermined by those she once trusted and loved, and the thing she fought for received pretty much no local support (she’s got what? The north and the vale?). Then she finally wins the final battle, the people just want to surrender, and she just gets super pissed. She lost almost everything and it is to rule over people who want fuck all to do with her or are neutral about the whole affair. So she goes back to olenna’s advice and her original instincts: make them fear you and burn the fucker down
She needed to play the long game.

Make The Eyrie her seat of power (nice place if you can fly) and rule benevolently over The North/Vale, contest The Riverlands/Iron Islands (the heirs support you) while courting support in Dorne/The Reach (they previously declared for you). Not plan a war from an Island in seas you don't control. Cersei only credibly controlled The Westerlands/Iron Islands and The Crownlands/Stormlands which don't even all border each other, Dany potentially had control of more than Cersei did.

There's no need to end the war immediatly unless you need a season finale.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If she had just burned the Red Keep, something that had "never fallen" before...likely serves the exact same potential purpose.

Burns

This aged well:

8duky9zeery21.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Euron is by far the worst villain in the series and it's not even close. Cool idea in theory, but terrible execution.

Making him one of the final big bads in the series was just dumb.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Euron is by far the worst villain in the series and it's not even close. Cool idea in theory, but terrible execution.

Making him one of the final big bads in the series was just dumb.
In the books he has an eyepatch, a full suit of Valyrian Steel Armor, a horn that controlls dragons and burns the lungs of whoever uses it and a prison boat full of priests and magicians of every type to sacrifice.

What happened?

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There's been ZERO insight into how Jon feels about his parentage, other than "I don't want it" every five minutes.

The identity of his mother and his bastard status were core elements of his character, but ZERO follow up, awful

When he was dead there was a fine opportunity for him to go on a small vision quest in which he gets to talk with Ned. His character is moved forward and Ned's past is put to rest but that didn't happen. In the first book getting Ned's inner thoughts (and later Catlyn) we see how that period of his life and the continuing consequences of it were never far from his mind. Jon and Ned never getting another chance to interact makes sad.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
In the books he has an eyepatch, a full suit of Valyrian Steel Armor, a horn that controlls dragons and burns the lungs of whoever uses it and a prison boat full of priests and magicians of every type to sacrifice.

What happened?
They just kinda forgot

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

B_Mizzle

I think GRRM did plan for Dany to go berserker on the city. It was just such a rush to end the show that we didn't get to see the transition and it seems random. But that twist definitely has GRRM written on it, totally unexpected, 7 seasons of "good" behavior and love only to turn into a raging evil queen at the end.

• 1Like

Caliane

Not following your logic. Not only is his ability to see the future not as precise as seeing the past, but what could he have even done to prevent it?

Still think it's absolutely retarded for him to end up on the throne
warg a raven and fly it into a bitch face first. Shes not wearing seatbelts or a helmet.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
maybe not tell jon the secret so jon doesn't tell her and then they can happily fuck still? Then maybe she doesn't have a breakdown from cum deprivation.