GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Jive Turkey

Karen
Jon even said it himself

8RqsEdW.png

The Night's Watch has no purpose at this point. The Wildlings are almost wiped out and no longer hostile, the big bad beyond the wall is gone. Now with the Wall no longer being part of the seven kingdoms, the supply of the Night's watch will fall solely on Kingdom Stark, who would quickly ask "why exactly are we arming and feeding hardened criminals with what little the land gives us?" - especially if westeros-wide recruitment continues. Deal with your own murderhobos, Dorne, Highgarden and so on.

I think you're confusing the fact that the Night's Watch served its purpose for the plot with it serving its purpose all together. Someone else mentioned that it existed for hundreds of years before the Night King even showed up. They have no idea what else is north of the wall. They should just assume all the threats are gone now?

And who's to say the rest of Westeros can't send their criminals? It would be beneficial for all parties. There would be no reason not to allow it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When has man ever built a giant wall and manned it with thousands because of a vague notion that there might be a threat beyond that spot?

The Chinese built the Great Wall because they knew damn well the Mongols were on the other side.

It would be beneficial for all parties.

Except for whoever pays the bill. Who funded the Night's Watch before Season 1 anyways?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Great show. Horrible ending.
If I’m sitting on the council and the north gets to be independent i’d Be like eehhhh me too dawg.

Bran being king when he said he could never be lord of anything is just dumb.

Sansa: He doesn’t want it.

Bran:
35372E19-532E-497E-B811-67B54DFD5639.jpeg

Jive Turkey

Karen
Except for whoever pays the bill. Who funded the Night's Watch before Season 1 anyways?
It's beyond dumb.
  • Who's enforcing it?
  • Why would anyone let him go?
  • Greyworm just lets him free and then sails for Naath?

• Running into the Forest is the worst possible ending, concludes nothing for us, opens up 1000 more questions, and is purely for "the feels".

• Who's enforcing it? the same people who have always been enforcing it.
  • Why would anyone let him go? To avoid war. Tyrion said killing him would cause the North to attack. Letting him go would cause the Unsullied to attack
  • Greyworm just lets him free and then sails for Naath? See previous.

• Running into the Forest is the worst possible ending, concludes nothing for us, opens up 1000 more questions, and is purely for "the feels".
it's the perfect ending for him. He wanted no part of being king. His character has always been more aligned with the people north of the wall. It's so in line with his character that it's exactly how I predicted the last scene would play out. And from a story writing perspective, it's the perfect bitter sweet ending that isn't tied up too perfectly. It doesn't matter what he does north of the wall. It's the idea that he's leaving this story behind

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
  • Who's enforcing it? the same people who have always been enforcing it.
  • Why would anyone let him go? To avoid war. Tyrion said killing him would cause the North to attack. Letting him go would cause the Unsullied to attack
  • Greyworm just lets him free and then sails for Naath? See previous.

it's the perfect ending for him. He wanted no part of being king. His character has always been more aligned with the people north of the wall. It's so in line with his character that it's exactly how I predicted the last scene would play out. And from a story writing perspective, it's the perfect bitter sweet ending that isn't tied up too perfectly. It doesn't matter what he does north of the wall. It's the idea that he's leaving this story behind

Nobody is enforcing it. Jon can just leave Castle Black LIKE HE ALREADY DID, and do whatever-the-fuck he wants. Whereas in the past 1000+ years there was a hierarchy of people / commanders / etc. Jon is literally the sole person to man the wall? He can CHOOSE to do it, but nobody is going to enforce it. So it makes absolutely no sense that he was "freed" if Greyworm / Yara / whoever are so deadset that he be punished or killed.

The whole War thing is so idiotic too. If people know Jon is the heir - EASILY explainable with Varys letters, it would be extremely easy to justify no war. The only reason you write this is because you buy into the shitty writing.

And your prediction doesn't justify anything. I am not advocating that Jon be King. I'm saying his ending makes no sense. A bittersweet ending would be if he was killed since he is the only person still alive that was resurrected and his purpose is completed after killing Daeny. Him and Greyworm could have had a duel or Drogon could have roasted him, or maybe Drogon tries to roast him, we see he can't be burned, but the Lord of Light takes him, or a number of other better conclusions.

Fucking off north of the wall makes no sense unless his lover (and RL wife) was still there, but she died Seasons ago.

• 1Like

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Good show. Terrible way to end it.

If there was justice in the world, Disney would look at this debacle and cut ties with those two. The Star Wars franchise cant handle three more shitty movies. I already dont want to see episode 9, let alone another trilogy with those two writing something themselves. That wont happen though because disregarding a character's entire history for shock value is what they did with TLJ.

Glad all the idiots who named their kids Khaleesi might be regretting that shitty idea too.

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Nobody is enforcing it. Jon can just leave Castle Black LIKE HE ALREADY DID, and do whatever-the-fuck he wants. Whereas in the past 1000+ years there was a hierarchy of people / commanders / etc. Jon is literally the sole person to man the wall? He can CHOOSE to do it, but nobody is going to enforce it. So it makes absolutely no sense that he was "freed" if Greyworm / Yara / whoever are so deadset that he be punished or killed.

How do you figure he's the only one manning the wall??? You're making a ton of assumptions just so you can shit on it

And yeah, when Tyrion suggested sending him to the wall, maybe he was perfectly aware that Jon would be able to leave.

The whole War thing is so idiotic too. If people know Jon is the heir - EASILY explainable with Varys letters, it would be extremely easy to justify no war. The only reason you write this is because you buy into the shitty writing.
What? The point is that Jon had to be punished or the unsullied would lose their shit. That has nothing to do with Jon being heir

And your prediction doesn't justify anything. I am not advocating that Jon be King. I'm saying his ending makes no sense. A bittersweet ending would be if he was killed since he is the only person still alive that was resurrected and his purpose is completed after killing Daeny. Him and Greyworm could have had a duel or Drogon could have roasted him, or maybe Drogon tries to roast him, we see he can't be burned, but the Lord of Light takes him, or a number of other better conclusions.

Fucking off north of the wall makes no sense unless his lover (and RL wife) was still there, but she died Seasons ago.

It justifies that it's a coherent ending that just wasn't pulled out of thin air. It justifies that it makes complete sense for his character despite what you seem to think

• 1Picard

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
ok so who the fuck and why the fuck is there a lord of light if he doesn't do anything of significance. what was the point of all these red priestesses? nothing came of that story arch.

what happened to the longest winter; winter is coming ?? Where the fuck was Bronn during all of this madness I am going to miss both Tyrion and Bronn

so samwell invents democracy and gets laughed at.

are dragons that dumb or do they want us to pretend we are that dumb?? oh, it must have been the chair!
what was the point of keeping Jon alive if Gray worm mandate was kill all of his queen's enemies? he doesn't seem to hesitate when it came to lannister soldiers.

decent ending.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
people that are OK with how this ended are why we get shitty remakes like Will Smith's Karate Kid and Aladdin

• 9Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Good show. Terrible way to end it.

If there was justice in the world, Disney would look at this debacle and cut ties with those two. The Star Wars franchise cant handle three more shitty movies. I already dont want to see episode 9, let alone another trilogy with those two writing something themselves. That wont happen though because disregarding a character's entire history for shock value is what they did with TLJ.

Glad all the idiots who named their kids Khaleesi might be regretting that shitty idea too.
I work with a dumbass who named there daughter Khaleesi

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It was pretty obvious from his beard growth that a lot of time had passed.

Just not as obvious as the whole "send a raven" bs from last season yet we still had people complaining about Gendry "running/swimming ~2,000 miles to Dragonstone"

Merrith

Narratively, the Battle of the Bastards was retarded as hell, namely everything related to Sansa and Littlefinger's forces from the vale. Season 5 and on have had tons of shit writing. Light of the Seven was great, but that's a 15 minute sequence in a sea of what the fuck is going on?

Anyway, I don't have a problem with Jon returning to the North, but it should've been a voluntary decision.

A spare force showing up late after Sansa sends a raven isn't nearly as implausible as shit that went down this season. All the big payoff moments were actually there for it, too. Same with Cersei giving the Sparrows and everyone the giant F U blowing up the keep. Compared to Arya LOLing the NK and all of the shit that went down the last few episodes...like night and day.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When has man ever built a giant wall and manned it with thousands because of a vague notion that there might be a threat beyond that spot?

The Chinese built the Great Wall because they knew damn well the Mongols were on the other side.

As a fellow Kraut by blood, your lack of seeing the parallels with the Maginot Line disturbs me.

Merrith

Another thing that makes no sense to me in the end, I get there's some links having Brienne in Bran's Kingsguard since she was in Renly's and is probably one of the best fighters left in Westeros...but why the fuck wouldn't she have stayed with Sansa as part of her Queensguad in the North? She was always pledged to the daughters and Sansa in particular since Arya can take care of herself. I'm sure it was just mainly thought of as a good way to get the book writing scene for Jaime's life, but makes zero sense in that she absolutely would have stayed with Sansa.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Jon's ending is unsatisfying because of the way the character was written. A "reluctant king" type figure can be written in a multitude of ways. The way they chose to portray him was as a sniveling cliche. He's on the verge of tears while begging and pleading with the powers that be that he doesn't want to lead, over and over again. He may have had some very heroic moments in which he showed the greater world the threat north of the wall and unified armies to fight and ultimately defeat it, but he acted like a punk bitch whenever he wasn't swinging his sword. "I don't want the crown, I just want to loooooooove you. My Queen! You are my Queen!"

It would have been much more satisfying if he had turned into a resolute, battle hardened anti-hero. Decisive and stalwart in saving mankind but leaving no doubt he will never lead men. When asked to lead he should have responded with concise bravado, "No. I will protect and avenge my family, I will fight for our survival, but I will never be your king. And you will never ask me again". It should have been cold and unyielding. Instead when approached he looks at the ground, begs people not to ask him anymore, whines about duty and generally looks like he's about to breakdown.

He goes north as a broken husk of a man. He should have gone north as a legend of necessity. Basically, he should have turned into The Hound. That would have been way more satisfying.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users