GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Agree on Tyrion. But Greyworm can't kill Jon because Jon is Dany's consort.
Jon can't even consort a corpse, if Drogon was around at least his purpose would be the only person alive to placate the rampaging crazy dragon. Then everyone would be like "yea don't kill Jon!!!"

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys are forgetting the little face to face Jon has with Drogon before he goes inside to do the deed. I bet he said 'hey dude, I'm going to kill her, that cool with you?". Drogon was probably like 'you do you fam'.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm starting to buy into the rumor the Barristan Selmy actor was spreading, that GRRM has two books done but has been keeping it secret, waiting for the show to finish. Whether it's a request from HBO, or because he wanted to capitalize on the finale, idk.. but it makes very little sense that he hasn't finished at least the next one in all this time, considering he's written plenty of other stuff in the meantime. It's not like he isn't writing at all.
I would not be surprised to hear an announcement in the near future that the next one is finally coming out.

As for the show, it very much feels like they wrote a decent outline but forgot to fill in the details. When you make a bullet point list of what happened this season, it all seems fine, but it just felt a little 'off' and a bit rushed. like.. 'Dany loses her closest friends/advisors, can't handle the trauma and shock, goes crazy killing people as a result' sounds fine for a summary, but the execution didn't feel on point. Tyrion's speech to Jon, when he was a prisoner, about her motivations actually made her heel turn last episode make a little more sense, it's too bad we didn't have more moments/conversations like that leading UP to the turn.

So, you're calling GRRM a liar then?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Who else besides Joffrey and Dany?

well his dad was defacto king, plus cersie since his stupid plan got her and jamie killed. Thats why I said put technicalities aside, they weren't legally the king but might as well have been. He's the real kingslayer

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
And she meant burn women and children and not Cersei/The Mountain who were killing her? I mean there's a massive gap between yelling dracarys while you burn Euron's fleet to the waterline and take out the Red Keep with the Queen in it versus actually winning and having the city forces surrender and just murdering a couple hundred thousand innocent people.

Guess we need the books to know exactly. But to me it was enough to expect her to go off.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is rushed and disappointing and a little stupid, but isn't anywhere near as bad as most of the bad series endings. Dexter almost certainly wins for worst ending.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
He didnt burn with fire, he burned his hand on the hot metal...sort of like Dany being fireproof but hot water in a tub bothered her in season 1
no it didn't the helper girl said it was too hot and she was fine going in and staying in. Hot water had no effect on her

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll echo quite a few in my belief that it wasn't a terrible way to end the series if you take the main points, but said ending was not reached in a correct or compelling manner. Definitely believe D&D got handed some bullet points on some of the more critical details and literally couldn't even connect the dots. If I gave more of a fuck, I'd make a meme of someone handing them a connect the dot's coloring book, followed by the Key and Peele sweating gif. I firmly believe D&D just wanted to blitz this thing out so they can move onto slobbing Mickey's D full time. I have to give major props to all actors that managed to finish this out, it's not hard to see most of them had reservations about the final season, but at least they were professional enough to finish their jobs. Honestly seeing how it all ended, and several interviews from her now, I give Emilia Clarke extra credit for the shit hoagie she had to eat. I've never felt she was that bad of an actor (she's also no Marlon Brando), but especially seeing what she was able to do with those morons at the helm, I'm not going to black list her.

Reading Fire and Blood, and getting a sense of how things went for around 300 years after Aegon took Westeros, the ending leaves some interesting possibilities for how the world could go forward. I'd be on board for a direct sequel picking up 10-20 years later, and work in some cameos from the surviving cast. Them setting Bran on the throne would definitely leave Westeros ripe for some intrigue and scheming, and while mutated bird boy would "see" a lot of it coming, once the realm recovered some, they've set the stage for a lot of big shit to go down. Could easily see Dorne break ranks and reclaim their own independence, along with some of the other kingdoms, or all of them. GRRM may have had grand ideas of writing multiple series, could see King Snow Beyond the Wall rallying the true north and swooping in to put out all the fires years later, culminating in him being King like he always should have been. I know in the show the characters were all 3 or 4 years older than they were in the books, but at the end of the series I think Jon is in his early to mid 20's...ish. Leaves plenty of life for more shit to happen. I guess we will see once their next take on the IP launches and if they can keep something going. If they shit the bed on the prequel, it will likely be the death knell for the "franchise".

This thread has definitely taught me how little attention a lot of people pay to what's going on. So many posts that contain questions and/or rustled jimmies about things that were literally in the show, not to mention a lot of hate and vitriol that could be avoided if some of those spewing it could rub two of their brain cells together long enough to get a clue and look. Then again, even if they looked, it's obvious they wouldn't be able to comprehend on a level sufficient for them to understand, so it's a wash. I give GRRM some credit, his books are dense, and reading the Fire and Blood "history" book, just the shear amount of names that get spit out constantly, I can understand why his process would take a long time, keeping all of that shit straight has got to be a full time job in and of itself. The show did a commendable job whittling that down, but even with kid gloves, some of the spergburgers in here can't even keep up.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Guess we need the books to know exactly. But to me it was enough to expect her to go off.

Everyone knew she was going to go off, Varys even tells Jon and Tyrion what's coming. It's the why that was rushed, and the actual execution of when (literally right after winning?) that was god awful.

Friend of mine just had an interesting idea, if Dany would allow Tyrion a trial by combat. Could have had the Jon v. Grey Worm fight we deserved in final episode. Not that I think Grey Worm should have been the semi minor character they elevated to that stature in the final 2.05 episodes, should have had his red shirt death at Battle for Winterfell like Beric...but whatever.

Cracks me up Grey Worm so ready for justice from Tyrion, the guy who got him and Missandei to tell jokes while drinking wine way back in Meereen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

woot!

Trakanon Raider
What was all about "Winter is coming" ?
We keep hearing that since the begining of the show, with seasons supposed to last years and all ; yet once Jon and Tyrion get released, it seemed pretty sunny again ? Even showing shoots or whatever behind the wall when wildlings head back further north ?!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So with going north of the wall, did everyone forget winter is supposed to be here? Why the fuck would they go north in winter when earlier before it was winter they where trying to go south? The hell are they going to eat?

shoot of grass through the snow visible at the end. Pay attention

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Everyone knew she was going to go off, Varys even tells Jon and Tyrion what's coming. It's the why that was rushed, and the actual execution of when (literally right after winning?) that was god awful.

Friend of mine just had an interesting idea, if Dany would allow Tyrion a trial by combat. Could have had the Jon v. Grey Worm fight we deserved in final episode. Not that I think Grey Worm should have been the semi minor character they elevated to that stature in the final 2.05 episodes, should have had his red shirt death at Battle for Winterfell like Beric...but whatever.

Cracks me up Grey Worm so ready for justice from Tyrion, the guy who got him and Missandei to tell jokes while drinking wine way back in Meereen.

forgotaboutthat.meme

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What was all about "Winter is coming" ?
We keep hearing that since the begining of the show, with seasons supposed to last years and all ; yet once Jon and Tyrion get released, it seemed pretty sunny again ? Even showing sprouts behind the wall when wildlings head back further north ?!

Wut?
Winter was the Night King, he brought an endless winter AKA death.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

They got him out of his shell (many episodes where he would mostly/only repeat unsullied canned phrases) and all but at his core he's always going to quickly snap back to uber elite Unsullied.