GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
trial by combat are the ancient laws of westeros, not the laws of Dany the bitch

Yeah obviously she would have to allow it instead of just "Dacarys"...but Grey Worm might have wanted that fight, too.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Last episode was about as good as could be expected.

I really think the issue was just they needed another season. Everything the past two seasons was too rushed. If they'd had another 8 episodes to develop more, I think it would have been more widely appreciated.

All in all, I'm just glad its fucking over and I have some closure on the story, in case George RR McFatass never finishes the novels (he won't)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is Podrick Lord Commander of the Kingsguard??? or just new Hodoor
maybe one day he pretends he Lord Commander and the next day he fancies himself a bedpan changer. i guess it depends on what fantasy scenario these twats are playing on that day.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
maybe one day he pretends he Lord Commander and the next day he fancies himself a bedpan changer. i guess it depends on what fantasy scenario these twats are playing on that day.
Pod has to be at least more competent than the 4 retards that died in 5s when they charged at the Hound, they even had the high ground!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Well at least it wasn't a surprise shitty ending in the last episode, I expected it. I won't watch anything else to do with this franchise ever, I was planning on buying the books, but nope not supporting that fat fuck.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pod has to be at least more competent than the 4 retards that died in 5s when they charged at the Hound, they even had the high ground!
heh, those guys actually had names we were told. but they became just cannon fodder a few weeks ago.

• 1Like

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Jon: *kills Daenarys*

Drogon: It's okay bro, I'll hide the body

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This thread has definitely taught me how little attention a lot of people pay to what's going on. So many posts that contain questions and/or rustled jimmies about things that were literally in the show, not to mention a lot of hate and vitriol that could be avoided if some of those spewing it could rub two of their brain cells together long enough to get a clue and look. Then again, even if they looked, it's obvious they wouldn't be able to comprehend on a level sufficient for them to understand, so it's a wash. I give GRRM some credit, his books are dense, and reading the Fire and Blood "history" book, just the shear amount of names that get spit out constantly, I can understand why his process would take a long time, keeping all of that shit straight has got to be a full time job in and of itself. The show did a commendable job whittling that down, but even with kid gloves, some of the spergburgers in here can't even keep up.

You should give us an example of this. Because this sounds like you're jerking yourself off trying to make sense of a mess, because you want to be the annoying guy that sees brilliance in the madness. So far your post sounds like another "logistics and modernity" pile of garbage that is being made up post-hoc to explain the terrible writing, and confusing foreshadowing with character development. (Not shocked at all to see who really agrees with your post!)

So by all means, be specific.

• 10Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I liked Ben Shapiro's theory that Bran didn't lift a finger during the entire series because he saw his crown coming as soon as he became the three eye'd raven. Makes his line at the landsmeet make sense too.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
heh, those guys actually had names we were told. but they became just cannon fodder a few weeks ago.

I really hate defending anything involved with this shit show.......BUT, this is to be expected.

It is made very clear in the books that Cersi made certain knights part of her kingsguard so she could have an excuse to be alone with them and fuck them, not because they were at all skilled. It might even be spelled out that they lacked skill with weapons but it has been long enough since I read the books that I can't be sure. And fuck going back and reading them again after all this shit. GRRM can die a slow, painful, type 2 diabetes death for all I care.

Goatface

‘Game of Thrones’ Finale Sets New Series High With Staggering 19.3 Million Viewers

Across HBO, HBO Go, and HBO NOW, the conclusion of the megahit fantasy series drew 19.3 million viewers, overtaking the previous series high of 18.4 million viewers that was set just last week. In addition, 13.6 million people watched 9 p.m. telecast on HBO alone, breaking the record for the biggest single telecast in HBO history. The previous record holder was the Season 4 premiere of “The Sopranos” in 2002, which drew 13.4 million

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I liked Ben Shapiro's theory that Bran didn't lift a finger during the entire series because he saw his crown coming as soon as he was the three eye'd raven. Makes his line at the landsmeet make sense too.

I dislike Shapiro's breakdown of character motivations. Not that I think he is wrong, just that they are so off from the book versions of the characters that it makes me wonder if anyone involved in the production of the show ever read them in the first place.

Bran didn't lift a finger because he moved beyond the cares of a mortal being. He wasn't even Bran any longer. It is why the entire ending is so goddamn stupid on its face. Bran is the least fit person to lead the realm at the end because his goals don't align with normal people at all. He is trying to avert hundred to thousand year disasters, not trying to figure out how much it costs to rebuild the fucking fleet or Red Keep.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I really hate defending anything involved with this shit show.......BUT, this is to be expected.

It is made very clear in the books that Cersi made certain knights part of her kingsguard so she could have an excuse to be alone with them and fuck them, not because they were at all skilled. It might even be spelled out that they lacked skill with weapons but it has been long enough since I read the books that I can't be sure. And fuck going back and reading them again after all this shit. GRRM can die a slow, painful, type 2 diabetes death for all I care.
they were trained fighters, but not Jaime level skills. still, those guys werent just Kingsguard_pawn_03

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
You should give us an example of this. Because this sounds like you're jerking yourself off trying to make sense of a mess, because you want to be the annoying guy that sees brilliance in the madness. So far your post sounds like another "logistics and modernity" pile of garbage that is being made up post-hoc to explain the terrible writing, and confusing foreshadowing with character development. (Not shocked at all to see who really agrees with your post!)

So by all means, be specific.

The below is one such example, people forgetting things that literally happened on screen, or remembering shit incorrectly, such as this particular example. There are tons of these examples throughout this thread, of people literally having watched an episode, and either outright missed something that happens, or lack the fundamental ability to comprehend what they saw. I think you mistook what I was saying, the end was not good overall, "how" they got there specifically being the part that is piss poor, there is and never will be a way to whiteknightsplain the last season as being a good take on how it should have went down. They could have taken Bran becoming King, Jon taking the Black, etc and wrote how that happened in a much better and more compelling way that would have made the ending actually good. I'd rate the series overall a solid 7.5, with the last season being a 5, maybe... fucking hard maybe 6 out of 10. I think if we had the fleshed out version that GRRM imagined it would have been a much better ending overall with the same bullet point details.

no it didn't the helper girl said it was too hot and she was fine going in and staying in. Hot water had no effect on her

Edit... you'll have to click on Paranoia's quote to see what he was responding too, he has it right, Breakdown's original message that he is responding to was an example of a post that didn't remember something correctly. Far from the most egregious example, but one that was easy to find in recent posts.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Szlia

The two prerequisites to be the ruler of the 7-1 Kingdoms became: 1) Have a good story that leads to the throne so the people can get behind them. 2) Be chosen by the Lords of Westeros. Being of House whatever is of little relevance given this format. Also, the Kingsguard is there for the King.

About democracy, picking a commander among the member of the Night Watch is picking among peers who is supposed to lead. The Lords choosing a King is the same. The whole population choosing a King is not.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The two prerequisites to be the ruler of the 7-1 Kingdoms became: 1) Have a good story that leads to the throne so the people can get behind them. 2) Be chosen by the Lords of Westeros. Being of House whatever is of little relevance given this format. Also, the Kingsguard is there for the King.

About democracy, picking a commander among the member of the Night Watch is picking among peers who is supposed to lead. The Lords choosing a King is the same. The whole population choosing a King is not.
If it was Lords electing one of their fellow Lords/Ladies, yeah, is Sam, Brienne or Bran one of those?