GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or he could just say fuck all you cockless bastards I have a better claim, she was psycho so I ended her, I’m your king now so stfu.
he could say that, they might even listen to him before cutting him to pieces, the ones that understand westerosi. but these are foreign forces ruled by a queen who has a different set of rules. none of them include a trial or parley with the real and fake lords of the seven kingdoms to decide their new king or what to do with THEIR prisoner. its just GoT things.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
he could say that, they might even listen to him before cutting him to pieces, the ones that understand westerosi. but these are foreign forces ruled by a queen who has a different set of rules. none of them include a trial or parley with the real and fake lords of the seven kingdoms to decide their new king or what to do with THEIR prisoner. its just GoT things.

He would have said this atop drogon of course.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

have the free folk or anyone else calculated how many golden company were actually outside the walls?

Jive Turkey

Karen

I feel like these lists would be stronger if they didn't include every insignificant thing that they think was 'wrong'. Eg Jon not saying bye to Ghost was clearly a storytelling choice and it was obvious since there was no goodbye in the story, they would meet up again. Miss Sunday (someone called her that earlier in the thread and it made me lol) being captured. So what? Varys not having a plan? He had a plan to poison her. Bran being referred to as Bran the Broken instead of Brandon the Broken (king's names are not shortened in their official titles)? oof. Go outside or something. Visible bulges on Unsullied soliders? actually, just kill yourself

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
So much I haven’t read here so not sure if anyone else had the same line of thinking as me or not I’ve been traveling the last 4 days and haven’t been on here (just a couple posts in this thread is all) or the internet in general much until now.

So, Bran knows the future. He claims he is the three eyed raven and wasn’t Bran anymore.

Well, he confirmed to Sam knowing about Jon’s true origins. He did this knowing he would tell Jon which would lead to Jon telling both his sisters and Dany. He knew this would lead to the North not following Dany and lead to Dany viewing Jon as a threat which would also lead to Jon turning away from her which would also drive her mad and cause her to kill hundreds of thousands of innocents.

Bran knew it would lead to Jon killing Dany and even though he claimed to not be Bran anymore and not desire anything....at the end when asked to be the king he looks up with a slight smile and says “Why do you think I came all this way?”

Bran Stark was the true Mad King the whole time.

I mean you've put more thought into it than the writers.

I think Szila's theory/observation about the self inserts with Bran is right. And that is basically peak pretentiousness from GRRM. It's just peak Lazy from the script writers.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like these lists would be stronger if they didn't include every insignificant thing that they think was 'wrong'. Eg Jon not saying bye to Ghost was clearly a storytelling choice and it was obvious since there was no goodbye in the story, they would meet up again. Miss Sunday (someone called her that earlier in the thread and it made me lol) being captured. So what? Varys not having a plan? He had a plan to poison her.

Capturing Miss Sunday was retarded. Ships get blown to bits, people dying like crazy, chaos everywhere and somehow they knew who she was, were able to single her out and capture her and deliver her to Cersei. It was jarring and retarded.

Agree they picked some weak stuff to complain about, but they even left some stuff out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Capturing Miss Sunday was retarded. Ships get blown to bits, people dying like crazy, chaos everywhere and somehow they knew who she was, were able to single her out and capture her and deliver her to Cersei. It was jarring and retarded.

She was the only lllllllllady in a fleet of dickless warriors. It would make sense that they thought she might be someone. Unlikely they'd find her? Sure. But this is a show that has a handful of characters running into each other in a massive continent all the time

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, she is the only free black bitch in all of westeros, it wouldn't be that hard.

In that massive open sea battle to me it just seemed like it would be hard and no one there would have any reason to know or care who she was. Oh the queens hand maiden is on a skiff. Uhm ok shoot her with a crossbow, see any generals or people that matter?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
In that massive open sea battle to me it just seemed like it would be hard and no one there would have any reason to know or care who she was. Oh the queens hand maiden is on a skiff. Uhm ok shoot her with a crossbow, see any generals or people that matter?
i mean this is true, this is no different than why all the unsullied and greyworm would accept just punt Jon to the nightswatch, they have no idea wtf that place is, and cersis ppl should have no idea who this black bitch is, other than the fact she was present at the meeting of the queens.

it's all based on the viewers knowledge and fails horribly once you place yourself in the POV of any character.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
They should have spaced out Ser Friendzone and Missandei dying a bit, and had her go increasingly off her chain as she lost her most adoring and trusted advisors, and then finally snap when Jon, her new most trusted advisor, doesn't adore her like they did.

I really think the people around her kept her sane. Barristan would have never let her feed those nobles to her dragons if he was still alive at that point in S5.

The whole slide is rushed but really it's all there.

Yeah, that would have helped. But if they wanted to do it right, this needed to happen over the last 3 seasons. The problem was, yeah, Dany talked a lot of shit. But aggressive language doesn't lead to genocide, leaders NEED to display strength in order avert conflict. This is why weak leaders almost invite war. The issue is Dany has never acted on these things. Not once. People try to point to her executing prisoners, but in the show, the most noble people have executed prisoners who had betrayed or disobeyed them--from Jon Snow to Ned. It was seen as a NEEDED trait for a ruler to hold power, or else everyone under them would remove them.

If anything we were shown again and again that despite Dany hinting at this tough talk, she was actually quite careful in her actions. She only ever did violence to those who directly harmed or opposed her. This is actually just starting to change in the book and I think you can see how far back Martin is planning to flip this switch vs these two show writers. In the book, there are passages where the Mereen rebels are killing Dany's unsullied and Dany is allowing the torture of potentially innocent people to track them down. She's becoming desperate to rule and its the first hint of that violent streak ACTUALLY manifesting in action. I have no doubt Martin is going to slowly build that up with more actions, to SHOW Dany being sadistic. And that's the problem...Sure, Dany told us she's fire and blood and whatever bullshit. But did she ever SHOW us she was capable of this? Of indiscriminately burning children because she was angry? No. And it just felt bad because of that.

All that said. They could have fixed so much just shifting Missandei and the Dragon's death, even. Imagine if instead of the Dragon and Missandei dying at the end of Episode 4, they instead died in Episode 5. Have Episode 5 open with Missendai having been captured during a naval action where the ships were ambushed (Have Dany flying down with the army, so not with the ships). Start Episode 5 with her up and about to be executed. Missandei's head is cut, and Dany flies into a rage and immediately orders the attack--takes Drogon and Vis in, and nukes a lot of the wall, and starts burning the fleet--she has the upper hand. Then, dip shit knock off jack sparrow though has some children as human shields, Dany hesitates and so her other dragon gets hit and injured. Have her sit above and desperately fight to keep the soldiers away from the injured dragon, but the dragon dies...Boom, Dany goes full fire and blood, nukes the human shield, flies up and just starts burning out the city. I think that would have felt much better. You can still show her being genocidal, and maybe talking after about doing that to every Lannister ally, but its not totally out of left field.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Sending sucked. They made crippled kid the king. Treating him like some hero. Being able to see through a bird that's smaller than a cat isn't a real superpower.

Stop glorifying this shit Hollywood. It's like that one marvel dude who's a blind superhero, really? Being blind is a superpower, really?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, Bran is much more powerful than that given what we have seen.

Just the very fact that he can go into godswood and greensee events in history or whatever the fuck they call it (even the future?) that in itself would make him the most powerful person in Westeros. Thats not even factoring in his ability to Warg. He warged Hodor so he can do it to more than birds.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is what happens when the author gives only how things end to a bunch of hacks who have to connect the dots to get there. This season is trash and doesn't make a lot of sense, only because they weren't able to get us there creatively. I have confidence that Martin had/has much better ideas and that a lot of the complaints we have would likely be resolved had the series been complete before the show was ever started. He just fucking sucks at getting anything done in a timely fashion and this is almost 100% for sure the only ending we're getting.

Bring on the spin offs!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
The final season of GoT was just plain fucking horrible, and the last episode was the culmination of the horribleness that was the final season.

There's no need to go in to detail about what was horrible because too much was horrible. It simply was the worst final season of any tv show I have ever been engrossed in.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users