GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1601579014920.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Back to Westeros

NOVEMBER 8, 2020

Profile Pic

Sometimes I do get the feeling that most of you reading my posts here care more about what is happening in Westeros than what is happening in the United States.
So let me assure you that, when not sweating out election returns or brooding over other real world problems, I have continued to work on THE WINDS OF WINTER.
No, sorry, still not done, but I do inch closer. It is a big big book. I try not to dwell on that too much. I write a chapter at a time, a page at a time, a sentence at a time, a word at a time. It is the only way. And sometimes I rewrite.
Of late I have been spending a lot of time with the Lannisters. Cersei and Tyrion in particular. I’ve also paid a visit to Dorne, and dropped in to Oldtown a time or three. In addition to turning out new chapters, I’ve been revising some old ones (some very old)… including, yes, some stuff I read at cons ages ago, or even posted online as samples. I tweak stuff constantly, and sometimes go beyond tweaking, moving things around, combining chapters, breaking chapters in two, reordering stuff.
None of this is even remotely new. It is how the first five books were written.
I was really on a roll back in June and July. Progress has continued since then, but more slowly… I suffered a gut punch in early August that really had me down for a time, and another, for different reasons, in early September. But I slogged on, and of late I am picking up steam again.
On other fronts… well, aside from Covd-19 slowing everything down, we are making great progress on the HBO prequel HOUSE OF THE DRAGON. Ryan and Miguel are in London, casting has begun, it is all looking very exciting.
I wish I could say that things are also going great on all the other television and film projects I am involved with, either as a producer or as the author of the original source material (i.e. novels and short stories). I can’t. Very little shooting is taking place, and almost nothing is being greenlit. Of course, development continues… but there’s a reason they call it “development hell.” Sigh.
So that’s where all that stands. Or at least, that’s as much as I am allowed to tell you right now.
Hang in there, friends.
Current Mood:
busy
busy

• 2Pathetic
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Back to Westeros

NOVEMBER 8, 2020

Profile Pic

Sometimes I do get the feeling that most of you reading my posts here care more about what is happening in Westeros than what is happening in the United States.
So let me assure you that, when not sweating out election returns or brooding over other real world problems, I have continued to work on THE WINDS OF WINTER.
No, sorry, still not done, but I do inch closer. It is a big big book. I try not to dwell on that too much. I write a chapter at a time, a page at a time, a sentence at a time, a word at a time. It is the only way. And sometimes I rewrite.
Of late I have been spending a lot of time with the Lannisters. Cersei and Tyrion in particular. I’ve also paid a visit to Dorne, and dropped in to Oldtown a time or three. In addition to turning out new chapters, I’ve been revising some old ones (some very old)… including, yes, some stuff I read at cons ages ago, or even posted online as samples. I tweak stuff constantly, and sometimes go beyond tweaking, moving things around, combining chapters, breaking chapters in two, reordering stuff.
None of this is even remotely new. It is how the first five books were written.
I was really on a roll back in June and July. Progress has continued since then, but more slowly… I suffered a gut punch in early August that really had me down for a time, and another, for different reasons, in early September. But I slogged on, and of late I am picking up steam again.
On other fronts… well, aside from Covd-19 slowing everything down, we are making great progress on the HBO prequel HOUSE OF THE DRAGON. Ryan and Miguel are in London, casting has begun, it is all looking very exciting.
I wish I could say that things are also going great on all the other television and film projects I am involved with, either as a producer or as the author of the original source material (i.e. novels and short stories). I can’t. Very little shooting is taking place, and almost nothing is being greenlit. Of course, development continues… but there’s a reason they call it “development hell.” Sigh.
So that’s where all that stands. Or at least, that’s as much as I am allowed to tell you right now.
Hang in there, friends.
Current Mood:
busy
busy
Lost complete interest

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Imagine if covid happened before the last season and we had to wait multiple years for that ending.

• 4Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm sure I've probably already said it in this thread at some point, but I'm sure I'll read it. But I certainly don't have the anticipation or enthusiasm I'd have had for it a few years ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
supposedly he's buttmad his twitter bros tried to cancel him a few months ago, AKA his "gutpunch". so i guess he's either "tweaking" the book to be more "inclusive" or he's sticking it to the twitter mob by being extra obnoxious. either way, acting like a little bitch is never good.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sterling Sterling
The only ending will be Martin choking on his cheez whiz while watching his Jets lose to the Dolphins.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I can only pray that he does a completely different ending than the TV series. That would at least make it worth the wait.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
supposedly he's buttmad his twitter bros tried to cancel him a few months ago, AKA his "gutpunch". so i guess he's either "tweaking" the book to be more "inclusive" or he's sticking it to the twitter mob by being extra obnoxious. either way, acting like a little bitch is never good.

No way he takes it so hard and then sticks it to anyone. He's likely had to remove and rework existing story as a result of the "gutpunch".

If you self-admit to falling down-- you don't start sticking it to anyone at his age. You become somebodies bitch.

Let's not forget the cancelled HBO GoT pilot was too woke to get a season ordered. It's obvious what hes putting his name on.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No way he takes it so hard and then sticks it to anyone. He's likely had to remove and rework existing story as a result of the "gutpunch".

If you self-admit to falling down-- you don't start sticking it to anyone at his age. You become somebodies bitch.

Let's not forget the cancelled HBO GoT pilot was too woke to get a season ordered. It's obvious what hes putting his name on.
probably, i was trying to be somewhat fair. we all know this series aint ever getting done and he's only going on with this series due to fan service. he thinks the twitter mob are his fans, that they actually care about him. he should talk to that harpy JK Rowling about what the Twitter mob is really like. she got shit on so badly over her views on trannies stealing awards from actual women in sports that she wrote a book where the baddie is a tranny.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I can only pray that he does a completely different ending than the TV series. That would at least make it worth the wait.
Like... it ends by Jon Snow climbing on the back of Ghost who then runs through all of Kings Landing eating only soldiers that are pro Cersei and leaving everyone else alone?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dany's villain turn needs more setup instead of being so retardedly sudden, but he has time for that. Or maybe instead of a villain turn, she just says fuck Westeros and goes back to where people love her and actually want her ruling them. Not having Arya kill the goddamn Night King. Literally anyone but Bran ending up as King of Westeros.

Mostly irrelevant because he won't finish the series.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users