GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Been waiting just over 15 years now to see what happens next with Sam in Old Town or Brienne and Lady Stoneheart or Cersei and the High Sparrow.
Cersei is going to stand at a window drinking wine until the roof caves in on her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm somehow doubtful that she really doesn't have any more story after nuking the sparrow.
I would guess that she destroys King's Landing with barrels of wildfyre rather than lose it to Aegon, with that being how the city is destroyed.

Dany will go bad a different way in The North and Jon will kill her, which buffs his sword to use vs the Night's King.

Maybe that's just literally anyone being a better writer than the cucks who wrote the final season.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Half of the ending will be dedicated to describing the state of the vaginas of the female characters, and poorly written lesbian exploration experiences because Martin is a perverted old man.

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
Half of the ending will be dedicated to describing the state of the vaginas of the female characters, and poorly written lesbian exploration experiences because Martin is a perverted old man.
Myrrish swamp?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Jon Snow either has to die, or become king. The fact that him being a Targaryen had absolutely fuck all do to with the actual plot made it go from one of the greatest reveals in history, to one of the worst. He's the god damn heir to the throne. Bran becoming the king without any rightful claim didn't even make any god damn sense, not to mention the fact that he was without a doubt the worst character in the fucking show. Watching him act as the Three Eyed Raven made me want to slit my wrists.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He should've been the savior and night king slayer, brought an end to winter.

They'd have needed 2 full length seasons probably to pull off a winter storyline of any significance.

Ending winter and Snow as savior would need more impact. That requires a lot more winter time. Maybe they could have politicked with Dorne in the meantime to break up the Winter plotlines.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Jon Snow was pretty much neutered for the entire final plot line, which makes zero fucking sense. Dany changing to becoming full on evil in roughly 2 episodes also made no sense. You could write a hundred different scenarios which would've been better than what they came up with. Jon Snow on the throne, Jon Snow dying, and one of the Lannister's on the throne, Sansa Stark on the throne, pretty much anything else would've been better than what they came up with. Fuck Martin for not finishing the damn books, and fuck HBO for not seeing the abortion that Weiss and Benioff were writing and not demanding a rewrite.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
and fuck HBO for not seeing the abortion that Weiss and Benioff were writing and not demanding a rewrite.

They had done so much for HBO at that point they had carte blanche.

Benioff's cousin is worth 7.1 billion, and his father isn't publicly available but he's Warren Buffet's "number two guy", if that tells you anything.

There was no way to interfere with their decision making without the unspoken threat of Benioff saying he's not going to invest in future pilots or HBO projects nor his family. He's not blue blood, but he's blue blood in terms of modern banking pedigree, family wise. You don't want to spurn guys like that.

They got a wide berth for a reason.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They had done so much for HBO at that point they had carte blanche.

Benioff's cousin is worth 7.1 billion, and his father isn't publicly available but he's Warren Buffet's "number two guy", if that tells you anything.

There was no way to interfere with their decision making without the unspoken threat of Benioff saying he's not going to invest in future pilots or HBO projects nor his family. He's not blue blood, but he's blue blood in terms of modern banking pedigree, family wise. You don't want to spurn guys like that.

They got a wide berth for a reason.
Jewish.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All that shit aside, it should have inspired Martin to finish his books instead of being lazy and just doing whatever. He could belted out at least 3 books in a reasonable amount of time in the last 9 years. Also how big is this book he keeps talking about? Cuz if its over 1000 pages, he could have bought himself a little time and just broke it up into two parts. I bet its not even 500 pages and he`s just making excuses for his apathy to the series.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
He should have at least given the writers for the show some outlines or ideas on how he wanted the story to end. You could clearly see by seasons 7 and 8 that Martin didn't write shit, and had nothing to do with the show. In fact, I'm pretty certain the last episode where Martin had any influence and actually told the writers how he wanted the story to go was in season 6 with the "hold the door" episode, which was probably one of the last good episodes of the show that we got.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He did give them the basic outline of the remaining plot. That's partly why no one has any hope that the remaining books, if he finishes them, will be any better.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He did give them the basic outline of the remaining plot. That's partly why no one has any hope that the remaining books, if he finishes them, will be any better.
i guess it depends on how basic. if he says . yeah guys, Dany brings her dragons to King's Landing and lays waste to the city and John Snow ends up killing her and heading north with the freefolk, as long as that's explained properly it isnt that bad. i bet he didnt tell them Daeny has a heel turn and becomes ultra evil 2 episodes before the end and the Long Night only lasts one episode with no important characters being killed off. i also bet he didnt mean to have The Vale be a completely written off as nothing and Littlefinger just some simping retard.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I agree, it could have been "The Night King dies, Dany becomes evil, Jon refuses to rule and goes north of the Wall" levels of basic.

If the books were ever finished, I'd be fine with Jon Snow being dead dead or ressing and killing Dany and fucking off north of the Wall forever, leaving everyone else to decide what to do about who rules.

You could spend a book and a half or two books developing Dany becoming evil rather than 30 seconds on the show.

• 1Like