GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

khalid

Unelected Mod
The entire Craster's Keep, Bran and white walker stuff wasn't in the book (well, they mentioned that craster sacrificed his kids, that is all).

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
so this week was basically HBO proclaiming all white people should be crucified for their role in slavery.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All those traitors fucking around with Hodor are sooo going to die a painful death. I don't know how, but oh will they suffer!

I was waiting for Arthas to jump out at the end and start swinging Frostmourne around, seriously.

But yeah, literally no idea what Bran's story is going to be now. They're supposed to be just walking north with Coldhands and killing wights here and there or something. I'm guessing to keep the story intact later they'll have Jon Snow roll in, save the day, and they'll tearfully part again so Bran can resume his trip north.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Huge departure for sure, but given how shit the Bran chapters are (wandering in the woods for 2 books), any change is likely to be better.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
While a very large departure from the books, I loved it. It was never specifically stated what was done to the babies Craster left for the others. Gilly I think mentions his brothers coming for him, in reference to her son and the attacking wights, while with Sam. I always thought it silly that they would accept a single sacrifice to make a wight so infrequently, when they could have easily killed Craster and all his wives, and turn them. Now I think that may have actually been The Great Other, the deity Melisandre mentions as the opposite to Rh'Lor(sp). Could just be some special kind of other too, I suppose.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't think those other dudes at the end were wight walkers. No idea what they could be, but they seemed different to me.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Now I think that may have actually been The Great Other, the deity Melisandre mentions as the opposite to Rh'Lor(sp). Could just be some special kind of other too, I suppose.
That thing had horns that kind of looked like a crown. It's face wasn't as wrinkled and freeze-dried like the others we've seen. Since we know it turns babies into what we've seen so far, it's plausible that it's The Great Other.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yeah, even the things they change, like Jon heading to Craster's and Bran being there, I already know where that's going to end up eventually. This is completely new stuff.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Try not to think too much about the fact that Castle Black could be attacked at any moment.

Will be interesting to see if GRRM weighs in (heh) on the new scenes.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I was waiting for Arthas to jump out at the end and start swinging Frostmourne around, seriously.

But yeah, literally no idea what Bran's story is going to be now. They're supposed to be just walking north with Coldhands and killing wights here and there or something.
Yeah, basically, at least in the Chinese translation. It gets a bit confusing, since the Chinese word for wight is wong.

Personally, I can't tell wight from wong.

Column_sl

shitlord
"I want slow you down,sir" had me laughing.

Good Episode, looks like that was their White Walker King judging by his horns being in a crown shape.
I believe the distinction from earlier seasons was the White Walkers were a race, and they were able to reanimate the dead into wights

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Weird episode. Too much filler. Loved the others stuff. Wasn't sure what was going on but as a book reader it was something we never saw but could only imagine.