GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Seriously, thousands of people murdered and tortured on screen. People burning to death, having body parts cut off, being mentally tortured, it goes on an on. These same whiny bitches sat there and watched all of those scenes, maybe even cheered at a death or two. But a woman getting raped is a bridge too far.

spronk

FPS noob
So people are super up in arms about the "rape scenes" - what the background fucking at crastors with the one 3 bounce shot of the tits? sheesh... did they get up in arms at Spartacus? every time someone had sex with a slave in Spartacus that's rape by todays standards...and that was literally every 10-15 minutes for 4 seasons of Spartacus :p
I've seen a few women say that the rape scenes are very uncomfortable because of their own personal experiences, either being raped or molested and they don't want to ever watch it depicted on TV. I can totally understand that, I know guys who served in Iraq who can't watch realistic war movies/shows because it triggers intense bouts of depression and PTSD. As a guy who has never served in war or been raped there is very little on TV that will ever bother me, but I have enough empathy to understand thats not true of everyone.

Obviously we all know that rape really occurs in war and history and its a pretty brutal tool to dominate the enemy. Most of our books and TV shows are sanitized so that women rarely suffer and men act "proper". GoT is popular in part because it is a lot more realistic when it comes to war, power, nobility, honor, etc. But HBO/creators do have that popularity question, if they get too "real" it will definitely permanently turn off some parts of their audience. I don't really know if its better to have a gritty, realistic show that fewer people watch or a more neutered, tame show that more people watch.

To put it another way, I would stop watching the show if they showed penises and male butt fucking for 20 minutes every episode, as I'm sure many here would too. And we would complain about it to let them know why we have stopped. Well, thats what some women are doing.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I can understand it making you uncomfortable, it should really. But getting up on the high horse and writing stupid articles about how Game of Thrones just perpetuates the patriarchy are really, truly missing the point.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
#toomuchrapeinGoT meet #toofewblackpeopleinBandofBrothers

People need a history lesson.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've seen a few women say that the rape scenes are very uncomfortable because of their own personal experiences, either being raped or molested and they don't want to ever watch it depicted on TV. I can totally understand that, I know guys who served in Iraq who can't watch realistic war movies/shows because it triggers intense bouts of depression and PTSD. As a guy who has never served in war or been raped there is very little on TV that will ever bother me, but I have enough empathy to understand thats not true of everyone.

Obviously we all know that rape really occurs in war and history and its a pretty brutal tool to dominate the enemy. Most of our books and TV shows are sanitized so that women rarely suffer and men act "proper". GoT is popular in part because it is a lot more realistic when it comes to war, power, nobility, honor, etc. But HBO/creators do have that popularity question, if they get too "real" it will definitely permanently turn off some parts of their audience. I don't really know if its better to have a gritty, realistic show that fewer people watch or a more neutered, tame show that more people watch.

To put it another way, I would stop watching the show if they showed penises and male butt fucking for 20 minutes every episode, as I'm sure many here would too. And we would complain about it to let them know why we have stopped. Well, thats what some women are doing.
To be fair we've had this discussion before when people were so up in arms about the Renly sex scenes but were perfectly a-ok when it was an over the top unnecessary straight sex scene

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
women dominate social media, so you are gonna hear a lot of bitching. tons of white knights naturally follow.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I just hope they don't go for realism with the naked ladies.

By that I'm talking about their pubes, in GofT all the women's snatches we've seen are neatly trimmed waxed and groomed = modern style. But if they were realistic they'd all have a bunch of . . . well this downstairs:

rrr_img_66489.jpg

A real bone killer.

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
#toomuchrapeinGoT meet #toofewblackpeopleinBandofBrothers

People need a history lesson.
didn't we already get a mass rape scene from a Dothraki episode.

i am starting to think people give a shit cuz some white cunt allegedly got raped.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The "rape" scenes are so fucking tame anyway. I mean, weassumethat chic in Craster's keep is being raped, but all we see is two people fucking. And she's probably just glad she's not being fucked by her father/grandfather anymore. And we know that crazy dude was about to rape curly-hair, but he doesn't get to. Cersei was protesting, but didn't actually try to stop Jaime.

I've seen plenty of "real" rape scenes on screen. This shit is rated G in comparison.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh, it's bad enough. Yeah, you can find harder rape scenes in wide release movies. But that's really not the point.

It's not even the rape itself, I don't think. It's that Jaime did the raping. If fat old Sam raped his Crastorwife I doubt it would even rise to indignation.

Because neither of them are pretty.

post-feminism.jpg

TrollfaceDeux

<Bronze Donator>
i thought jaime and cercei were having a hot consensual sex next to their dead son's body. i know people like to say "no means no." But she said, "No, not here." More like "let's do it somewhere else." and jaime was like, "no, let's do it here" with his penis.

spinnaker

reformed lurker
<Bronze Donator>
They are taking a break Memorial Day weekend (May 25th). We'll have to wait 2 weeks for episode 8, titled
"The Mountain and the Viper"
frown.png

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Holy fuck that was great. You think Peter Dinklage had an easy time putting a little extra into that scene? Fuck that was great.