GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Seemed a bit strange seeing Varys explicitly suggest he was after the throne to Oberon whom he just met. A bit out of character. Enjoyed the scene none the less.
They did just have a conversation saying "Do you like to fuck boys? I like to fuck boys!" so I think Varys was just being equally frank.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I loved how confused Oberyn was when Varys said he was non-sexual pre-castration. Like he wasn't able to imagine a person without sexual desire. And when Varys motioned toward the iron throne Oberyn's reaction seemed to say, "You want to fuck the chair?"

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
810651.gif

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
There should be two missing - the one that was used to poison Joff, and the one Littlefinger crushed to demonstrate for Sansa.

If she's saying only one was missing then it means someone grabbed the wrong prop.
That's what I figured. We thought there should have been 2 gone.

But thanks for thinking I was retarded Spronk.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I loved how confused Oberyn was when Varys said he was non-sexual pre-castration. Like he wasn't able to imagine a person without sexual desire. And when Varys motioned toward the iron throne Oberyn's reaction seemed to say, "You want to fuck the chair?"
If you weren't a eunuch already, you surely would be from that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
what ever happened to the guy who used to post here claiming that Varys was a mer-man? after that scene i started laughing because i figured he would pop back up with a "a-ha! i was right!" post.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah.. i'm not sure where people get the assumption that Tywin has any choice in regards of whom the champion is. It's in cersei's hands?she was the accuser.. which is why tyrion is fucked to begin with. Yes Tywin is head of the house and can control Cersei, but I really, really don't see him controlling her in this case as he benefits from tyrion regardless of being found guilty or not guilty as his entire motive is to get Jaime to be his heir.
Because he is Tywin? He can have her ovaries ripped out and Tommen publicly beheaded if he wants. To show the level of control Tywin has over not only his family but also the kingdom, and then have him watched helplessly as Cersei fucks up all his plans, that just seems kind of asinine.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what ever happened to the guy who used to post here claiming that Varys was a mer-man? after that scene i started laughing because i figured he would pop back up with a "a-ha! i was right!" post.
It wasn't a theory from here, it was just brought here from elsewhere.

Also one of the best parts of the episode was how Tywininstantlyaccepted Jaime's proposal when he said he'd lose the cloak. Tywin had that plan set in advance and Jaime just walked right in to it. Just another insight to how far ahead of everyone else Tywin is usually.

They changed Shea's testimony. The breaking point for Tyrion in the book is when she lies that he made her call him her "Giant of Lannister" and the crowd starts laughing their collective ass off. They changed it to Lion for some reason, took away a little bit of the impact.

Because he is Tywin? He can have her ovaries ripped out and Tommen publicly beheaded if he wants. To show the level of control Tywin has over not only his family but also the kingdom, and then have him watched helplessly as Cersei fucks up all his plans, that just seems kind of asinine.
No, he can't. He's not going to neuter his family in front of hundreds of highborn witnesses. The fact she's fucks it up beyond even his control is what's impressive.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Bro, I think you and a lot of others give Tywin way too much credit. If "he is Tywin" why can't he still do something about this? Why does the trial by combat still take place? Why doesn't he FORCE Jaime to be his heir in the first place? Why didn't he just control everything from the beginning?

He's a powerful character-but he's still a man, and men have limits.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Don't know if this has already been updated, but Wilko Johnson - our beloved Ilyn Payne, was supposed to be dead from pancreatic cancer a year ago and recently underwent surgery though he refused chemo last year.Wilko Johnson pancreatic cancer: Dr Feelgood guitarist has major operation which could save his life - Mirror Online

There is hope.
Good news. I've been disappointed that Jaime didn't train against Ilyn Payne. I was looking forward to those scenes as they really fleshed out both characters amazingly.

And yeah, chaos I think you're way overestimating the level of control Tywin has. Trial by combat is a huge out for Tyrion and a way for Tywin to get Jaime out of the kingsguard, but I think the next episode will show Cersei fucking everything up and push things out of Tywin's control.

At this point all Tywin has to do is ask Jaime if he wants the Mountain fighting Tyrion's champion or Meryn fucking Trant.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I guess there's no way to know from that bit if Oberyn has any idea about Griff or Varys's involvement.

I always felt like Books 1-3 were "Littlefinger plots" and book 4-5 were "... and here's what Varys was up to" and the show isn't changing that much.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bro, I think you and a lot of others give Tywin way too much credit. If "he is Tywin" why can't he still do something about this? Why does the trial by combat still take place? Why doesn't he FORCE Jaime to be his heir in the first place? Why didn't he just control everything from the beginning?

He's a powerful character-but he's still a man, and men have limits.
And those limits include having Cersei fuck up all of his plans, the entire future of his family? I doubt it. Of course he has limits but I really doubt this is it, and that he would sit by knowing that Cersei being petulant was in effect ending his line.

Needless

Toe Sucker
And those limits include having Cersei fuck up all of his plans, the entire future of his family? I doubt it. Of course he has limits but I really doubt this is it, and that he would sit by knowing that Cersei being petulant was in effect ending his line.
I still don't get your argument though, say Tywin decides to do what you said. They rig the fight and completely undermine Cersei's accusation. Then what? She resents Tyrion even more, and now she absolutely hates her father. Then what does he do when she goes full on psychopath for not geting her way?

Or, he lets that situation play through, best case scenario: Tyrion wins and he's free, the mountain dies, cersei at least tried but failed, jaime renounces the kingsguard and becomes the heir to the lannisters as promised. (Tywin wins)
worst case: Tyrion loses, is condemned and Tywin allows him to take the black in exchange for Jaime renouncing the kingsguard etc. Cersei gets her vengeance and tywin gets what he wanted out of Jaime. (Tywin wins)

and the actual worst case scenario that you would not even remotely factor in: Tyrion loses, varys and jaime free tyrion, tyrion kills you while you're trying to take a shit thats literally rotting you from the inside. (Tylose)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I still don't get your argument though, say Tywin decides to do what you said. They rig the fight and completely undermine Cersei's accusation. Then what? She resents Tyrion even more, and now she absolutely hates her father. Then what does he do when she goes full on psychopath for not geting her way?

Or, he lets that situation play through, best case scenario: Tyrion wins and he's free, the mountain dies, cersei at least tried but failed, jaime renounces the kingsguard and becomes the heir to the lannisters as promised. (Tywin wins)
worst case: Tyrion loses, is condemned and Tywin allows him to take the black in exchange for Jaime renouncing the kingsguard etc. Cersei gets her vengeance and tywin gets what he wanted out of Jaime. (Tywin wins)

and the actual worst case scenario that you would not even remotely factor in: Tyrion loses, varys and jaime free tyrion, tyrion kills you while you're trying to take a shit thats literally rotting you from the inside. (Tylose)
You should make this post in the NO SPOILER thread.