GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was, but i was just goofing on her being happy to play a tarded girl with grayscale who maybe says ten words in 5 books. fuck you if you cant deal with it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Have they even mentioned the Rains of Castamere on the show?
They play the song from that 'teaser' at the end of one of the episodes of Season 2. Maybe the final episode? I don't remember. Weren't they all singing that before the battle at Blackwater as well? When Bron and The Hound almost got into it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They play the song from that 'teaser' at the end of one of the episodes of Season 2. Maybe the final episode? I don't remember. Weren't they all singing that before the battle at Blackwater as well? When Bron and The Hound almost got into it.
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php...s_of_Castamere
Game of Thrones

The first occurrence of The Rains of Castamere in the HBO series is in episode one as Tyrion Lannister whistles the refrain as he enters the small council for the first time. In the episode 9 scene in which Bronn (Jerome Flynn) drinks and sings with his men outside the Red Keep, the song is The Rains Of Castamere is featured in a more complete form. The song was performed in the closing credits episode 9 of the second season Blackwater by the indie rock band The National, sung by their vocalist Matt Berninger.[2] On the published tracklist of the soundtrack, the title is spelled "The Rains of Castomere" rather than "Castamere" as in the novels.[3] The music was written by Ramin Djawadi and and lyrics by George R.R. Martin.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
it was meant in a comedic way. i dont think like you hardons looking for every strange word to pounce on.

its funny because the girl was referring to her role specifically when she doesnt know what shes getting into. and i was calling her out on her hollywood style. "i am so thrilled to be playing this character they have the depth and structure to create a great story...blah blah blah" her reality was her family was about to become bankrupt from trying to keep her acting dream alive and they hit paydirt by getting a regular speaking role in a major tv show.
Did you watch a different video? All she said was 'I was really excited to get, uhm, the part...'

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Shut up Astro.

And yeah, Jojen pretty much looks exactly like the mental image I've always had. Queen of Thorns has a weird fucking face.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
And yeah, Jojen pretty much looks exactly like the mental image I've always had. Queen of Thorns has a weird fucking face.
The costumes they've shown her in so far don't help her any either. She doesn't match the mental image I always had of the character at all.

rrr_img_8405.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I always pictured the Queen of Thorns as WAY older. I feel like they went the opposite way with her character. All the others so far have been significantly older than their book counterparts (mostly, I think, due to the idea of having a bunch of teenagers fucking and killing their way around the world).

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Jojen an Meera look pretty much exactly as I picture them.
Olenna not old enough IMO.
Thoros not fat enough, but its S3 so he's supposed to have lost weight, dunno how much theyll expand on his character
Beric and Orell lokk good

Im excited to see how Shireen's greyscale looks onscreen.

Edit: Looks all aside, I really couldnt care how close to the book the characters look, thats all just for more nerd boner IMO. What matters to me most is they canactand pull off their character. As long as theres no groan-worthy lines/delivery ala TWD I'll be happy.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah she seems a bit off to me too. Especially in that costume, where she looks more like a Nun than some socialite queen bee. But I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I think the show's aesthetic is on point. I fault them more for what they leave out or change, rather than their visual acumen/language.

That being said, it will be a lot of fun to see Thoros and Dondarrian in the next few seasons. How they handle the grotesque that is Dondarrian and Thoros' flaming sword should be interesting if not a bit subdued from the book.

Ebris_sl

shitlord
They've introduce Wildfire so if they use the same greenfire for Thoros' sword as they did for the giant explosion I think most people will understand that it isn't 'magic'... I'm more interested in how they'll handle Dondarrion's resurrections and if they'll show one actually on screen to show it isn't just him being lucky enough to survive everything.

The Queen of Thorns will boil down to her acting... It going to take the right person to pull her off properly.

I've been trolling Facebook recently with posts talking about a 'Wedding where the theme is Red'. I've confused the hell out of people with my talk of Lions, Fish and Direwolves attending... Those who have read the book understand though.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I always pictured Meera Reed as the wild girl from Beyond Thunderdome.

rrr_img_8446.jpg

Chrisd_sl

shitlord
They've introduce Wildfire so if they use the same greenfire for Thoros' sword as they did for the giant explosion I think most people will understand that it isn't 'magic'... I'm more interested in how they'll handle Dondarrion's resurrections and if they'll show one actually on screen to show it isn't just him being lucky enough to survive everything.
Think you and the other poster are confused about the flaming swords, the flaming sword in ASOS is Beric's and it is magic. I don't see why they'd change anything material to the story like his resurrections or setting his sword alight with his blood.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait, I thought they said that he lit the thing on fire all the time? The magic was the fact that he was revived.