Gotham Knights new Batman game from Warner Bros Montreal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Was playing with my friend on his PS5 last night. We were both high as shit, and even stoned out of my mind, I was bored to tears playing this game. The City feels barren, the frame rate is terrible, and the fighting is just so fucking repetitive and lame. For a "next gen" game, the graphics were pretty mediocre as well. If this game had to be on the next gen consoles, then this company sucks.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep, it's definitely the worst game I played this year, and that's including Saints Row. Everything about it is so vastly inferior to the Rocksteady games that it's unforgivable. Even Arkham Origins wasn't as much of a steaming pile of shit; at least there they tried to make the combat mostly the same as the others but here they just decided to pull something out of their completely-devoid-of-talent asses.

Don't see any point in spending another minute with this game now that Bayonetta 3 is out. At least there you get fantastic gameplay to offset the bad graphics and worse performance.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was gonna grab a new game this weekend and it was this or Bayonetta 3. Glad I looked at this thread first.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yep, it's definitely the worst game I played this year, and that's including Saints Row. Everything about it is so vastly inferior to the Rocksteady games that it's unforgivable. Even Arkham Origins wasn't as much of a steaming pile of shit; at least there they tried to make the combat mostly the same as the others but here they just decided to pull something out of their completely-devoid-of-talent asses.

Don't see any point in spending another minute with this game now that Bayonetta 3 is out. At least there you get fantastic gameplay to offset the bad graphics and worse performance.
but dude, Valderen Valderen really enjoyed it, how bad could it be?!?

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
for what it's worth, any third person batman game is going to be instantly compared to the arkham games. that's a testament to those games and how iconic they were. it's perfectly fair to compare this game to the arkham games, but in most cases, any comparison is going to be lopsided. after playing this game for a handful of hours, it's not awful... and i think it would be received much better if the arkham games never existed. it has a lot of flaws, but i think this is definitely better than saints row... though, it has a LOT of the same design failures.

Last edited:

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Save yourself the buy, skip all the fighting and running interludes and just watch the storyline on YouTube.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I saw the title of this thread and thought "Wow! They're making a new Gabriel Knight game! 90s FMV adventure games aren't dead after all!" Then I clicked it and saw it was GOTHAM Knight and became sad. :(

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This is a real far cry from Arkham in nearly every way, which is sad. I am hoping Suicide Squad (which is actually being made by Rocksteady) will be a return to form for the Franchise.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I thought this game would at least be fun co-op, but the grind is too apparent, too early on. The whole game is just cookie cutter baddies that you just have to beat on repeatedly from one spot to the next. If the combat was more elaborate, I could at least see it being fun for awhile, but it's just button mash until you get your bar up high enough to do special attack, then button mash some more. The city also feels lifeless. As repetitive as Night City was in Cyberpunk, it's still a million times better than Gotham. This game had so much potential, but it's just really boring. Maybe if the clues you have to solve were more intricate, and the city felt more alive, the game wouldn't feel so repetitive. I don't know, but for a detective game it's not very good, and for a combat game, it's not very good. After playing games like Cyberpunk and Disco Elysium, this game doesn't feel anywhere near like a AAA title.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
for what it's worth, any third person batman game is going to be instantly compared to the arkham games. that's a testament to those games and how iconic they were. it's perfectly fair to compare this game to the arkham games, but in most cases, any comparison is going to be lopsided. after playing this game for a handful of hours, it's not awful... and i think it would be received much better if the arkham games never existed. it has a lot of flaws, but i think this is definitely better than saints row... though, it has a LOT of the same design failures.

Saying “hey it’s better than saints row” is like saying hey, I just ate a gigantic pile of cow shit but it was better than the dog shit yesterday.

• 4Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Saying “hey it’s better than saints row” is like saying hey, I just ate a gigantic pile of cow shit but it was better than the dog shit yesterday.
i wasn't using saints row as a quality marker, just responding to someone else who commented that they thought saints row was better.

listen, it's not a good game. it's not awful, but it's not good either.