Gotham

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Nice use of Ivy this episode. I was wondering if she would ever come back. She's pretty damn freaky. Good use of Gordon's demotion to get s good look inside Arkham.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
This show is going to make me crazy...

Orphan kids hotel ...complete with fooseball tables and non starving , decently dressed kids.

Catwoman/girl talking like she was born in a 1920's film. (Stick with me , kid)

Not one room has proper lighting, everyone has old ass flip phones, All the computers have CRT monitors...yet the photographers have digital cameras? What era is this ?

Over the top acting, and weak storylines.

That being said, I will watch next year.
smile.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This show is going to make me crazy...

Orphan kids hotel ...complete with fooseball tables and non starving , decently dressed kids.

Not one room has proper lighting, everyone has old ass flip phones, All the computers have CRT monitors...yet the photographers have digital cameras? What era is this ?

Over the top acting, and weak storylines.

That being said, I will watch next year.
smile.png
i take it you are not familiar with Batman the animated series from the early 90s. present day, but vintage tech.
pretty ok episode, not great, but it was satisfactory. i had no idea it was the midseason finale.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
After this episode, I say screw Gordon. Leave him in Arkham. I wouldn't mind this becoming a Harvey and Alfred buddy cop show.

They said they're intentionally keeping it ambiguous. I don't think they wanted to be trapped into doing the origin story for a modern-day Batman (which would place the show in the late 80s or early 90s) but also didn't want to set it in present day. It's sort of the same tact Archer takes.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Harvey wins this series so far, he makes it worth watching. Alfred is a close second.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
BTW this show came back. i am watching it right now. will edit in thoughts on the episode.

well that wasnt so great. annoyed they introduce interesting characters like the director then kill him off. more fish monkey shit. penguin was ok.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
The entire Barbra plot is retarded. The only thing that could redeem this is if there was full on finger banging going on. The acting, wording/acting were just so bad.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Morena Baccarin looks so much better with longer hair.

Mediocre episode. Funny thing was that nurse looked vaguely familiar to me. Turns out I was recognizing her from Moonlighting.
eek.png

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
This was a pretty weak episode to come back from the break on. I enjoyed Penguin getting knocked the fuck out, though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Morena Baccarin looks so much better with longer hair.

Mediocre episode. Funny thing was that nurse looked vaguely familiar to me. Turns out I was recognizing her from Moonlighting.
eek.png
She's quite the piece of ass. That's really the only thing I noticed in this episode. Makes me want to go back and finally finish Homeland season 3.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The entire Barbra plot is retarded. The only thing that could redeem this is if there was full on finger banging going on. The acting, wording/acting were just so bad.
Barbra is so fucking hot but so fucking unlikable. So now that her pussy plaything has decided to dump her retarded ass she gets all pissy because she thinks her ex-BF that she left to scissor bang may be getting some as well? Fucking retarded. I have no idea who the fuck this character is supposed to relate to but it certainly isn't a 30 year old man. But I'd put up with her shit. So hot.

Also noticed they added my boy Downtown Clay Davis but only for one episode. Also forgot Rawls was in the show as well. They have some good actors and casting I have no idea how they fucked up so bad with Barbara.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
God.. I had my fingers crossed they'd throw in a tiny 'shiiit..' at some point, but y'know.. subtle and shit.
smile.png

Re: Barbara.. seriously, I wanna slap the shit out of that dumb bitch. "Whaaa?? my boyfriend that I ran out on, has a woman over to his place, while I've been dumped by the lesbo I left him for.. HOW DARE HE!?!?'. I also hate dumb situations like that. Like, what fucking moron answers the phone of a house they've broken into and are squatting in? Then, why wouldn't she have just called Jim's cell phone? It's clearly during the day, he's likely at work, so if some 'woman' (let's pretend the girl somehow sounds older then she is for a moment) is there it could be anyone. A relative, a maid, a witness he's protecting, etc.. Not necessarily someone he's banging. I get that the girl tried to give that impression, but still. So many reasonable responses to the situation, or ways to avoid it altogether. It's so contrived just for the sake of a dumb plot line.

As silly as the source material is, there's a fanfic story I read where the author has a guide for writing what he calls 'level 1 intelligent characters'.
Optimize Literally Everything | Level 1 Intelligent Charactershas a great example of the problem I have.
This:Optimize Literally Everything | Intelligent Charactersis his overall points about intelligent writing.
Since reading his story, and specifically that first link, I've noticed it more and more when watching things with lazy writers. They decide the plot first 'Barbara and Jim have a fight, tension between them' then figure out what causes it, 'Barbara thinks Jim is cheating on her' and write it all backwards without running it back logically.
It's something that's always bothered me with lots of TV shows and movies, I just couldn't place my finger on it exactly.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this really isnt a good show, i keep hoping that maybe it will get better, maybe it will. i dunno if this is pulling down big ratings, but i cant imagine it is. fox must be scratching their heads as to why this isnt wowing the comic book nerds. their best character is penguin who is just not strong enough to carry this show. it certainly isnt gordon or fish kitt.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
this really isnt a good show, i keep hoping that maybe it will get better, maybe it will. i dunno if this is pulling down big ratings, but i cant imagine it is. fox must be scratching their heads as to why this isnt wowing the comic book nerds. their best character is penguin who is just not strong enough to carry this show. it certainly isnt gordon or fish kitt.
It isn't wowing comic book nerds because there is nothing comic book about it. Seriously, you could rename all the characters to generic names and nobody would know the difference. There is no feel for any link to the 'grown-up' versions of these characters outside of a name which just leaves you with a generic cop drama that just happens to have Arkham Asylum in it. Add in the fact that most of what is going on in the show is probably not canon anyway and there is nothing for comic book fans to grab onto. It's actually doing a decent rating (2.5) for Fox but it's not comic book nerds that are watching this, it's law and order fans.

It was mentioned at the time, but I think the show blew it's load early on when it introduced a ton of 'name' characters. But it just goes to show that all these characters (especially guys like Riddler, Poison Ivy, Zsasz, etc) aren't as interesting when Batman isn't around and a lot of fans don't really give a damn about early life Jim Gordon. I think this show needs Batman in it more, even if it was a slightly older Bruce Wayne (like Smallville for Superman). They can't really base a show around a 12 year old which is why this show is about Gordon.

Tenks

I think the show expected to be able to stand on it's own two feet without Batman but the problem is that none of the characters are terribly interesting and the now predictable Scooby Doo-esque nature of solving the mysteries each episode. There is only the overarching storyline of Fish vs Old Bosses but unless they completely rewrite comic book history we all know how it'll end. Just this week I knew the nurse did it (didn't exactly see the scientist -- who appears as the main villain of next episode -- coming) because she seemed the most unlikely at the time. Just like Scooby Doo. Just like that Mysteries of Laura show my wife makes me watch.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think the show needs to focus less on the cop side and more on the gangster stuff. While Fish is somewhat unbearable, Marone, Falcone, Penguin, and the stories surrounding them are the most interesting parts of the show in my opinion. Also, Bullock is a much better main character than Gordon, and he needs to be featured a lot more. I think one reason this last episode suffered was that there was way less Bullock due to it taking place in Arkham.

Tenks

Yeah the actor who plays Gordon seems very one trick. It seems like every character he plays is just some stone faced, emotionless, detached, "I'm not gunna play by your rules" person. I only remember him from OC and Southland and each were fairly similar. He in no way reminds me of Gordon from the Batman movies or comics.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It was mentioned at the time, but I think the show blew it's load early on when it introduced a ton of 'name' characters. But it just goes to show that all these characters (especially guys like Riddler, Poison Ivy, Zsasz, etc) aren't as interesting when Batman isn't around and a lot of fans don't really give a damn about early life Jim Gordon. I think this show needs Batman in it more, even if it was a slightly older Bruce Wayne (like Smallville for Superman). They can't really base a show around a 12 year old which is why this show is about Gordon.
I've actually thought the opposite. The show would benefit fromlessBatman. The show should've started with Bruce Wayne dying along with his parents. That would've put a whole different spin on the universe. It's no longer Gordon keeping Bruce's seat warm as the city's moral crusader, but him now being Gotham's last hope. And that also suddenly frees up how they tell the villains' stories. It's no longer knowing Penguin is going to make it since he has to take on Batman someday. If the show is going to be about Gordon, put him in a role where he's actually free to make an impact and isn't just in a holding pattern until Bruce Wayne hits puberty.