Gotham

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
DC isn't going to hand out the rights for a made-for-TV show about Batman without some serious, serious cash being forked over. Gotham is an OK show but if it was the end-all be-all adaptation of Batman live action to the small screen it was be completely underwhelming.

Column_sl

shitlord
FYI Fox also has the rights to the Graysons, which was the originally what the show was supposed to be.

You have no clue if it would be underwhelming because they haven't even tried it yet. Shooting something from Batman's pov would be completely diffrent then from Gordon's..

The show has way more money behind it then the Arrow series. You can tell just by the sets, and that they do allot of outside shooting.
The cast ,and costumes has also been very well done.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yep, and their stuntwork, story pacing and character development is shit compared to arrow. more money doesnt always mean better.

Tenks

FYI Fox also has the rights to the Graysons, which was the originally what the show was supposed to be.

You have no clue if it would be underwhelming because they haven't even tried it yet. Shooting something from Batman's pov would be completely diffrent then from Gordon's..

The show has way more money behind it then the Arrow series. You can tell just by the sets, and that they do allot of outside shooting.
The cast ,and costumes has also been very well done.
I do know it would be underwhelming because Gotham is underwhelming. Adding in Batman won't suddenly make bad character development and questionable writing go away.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I do know it would be underwhelming because Gotham is underwhelming. Adding in Batman won't suddenly make bad character development and questionable writing go away.
He's only watched 1/2 of it and probably in quick succession.
The show is pretty mediocre and doesn't progress in any exciting ways, I can't see it going anywhere down the line either otherwise what would be the point in Batman if Gordon cleaned up Gotham?

I would say:
Flash>>>>Powers>>>>Gotham>>Arrow.

I just can't watch Arrow despite being into characters like Deathstroke.

Column_sl

shitlord
yep, and their stuntwork, story pacing and character development is shit compared to arrow. more money doesnt always mean better.
You mean that dime store soap opera storytelling that Arrow uses, complete with drama lama cliche look to the camera every commercial break? surely you jest.

Astro tard at it again

Tenks

Sounds like I'll have to pick Flash up at some point. Seems to be universally recommended.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You mean that dime store soap opera storytelling that Arrow uses, complete with drama lama cliche look to the camera every commercial break? surely you jest.

Astro tard at it again
You either like Fish, or haven't gotten to her big episodes yet. When you have, let us know what you think.

Astro isn't wrong about this. I like Gordon more than most people, and several characters are good/very good, but Arrow is vastly more entertaining.

Devlin

Golden Squire
If you like comic book stuff Flash is as good IMO as anything comic related.

Good characters, likeable actors and an absolutely cracking overarching storyline.

I agree the acting in Arrow is fucking horrific for a large number of cast members. One scene that stuck with me was when Slade told (I think) Laurel that Oliver was Arrow... Her reaction was fucking atrociously bad acting, like 80's daytime soap bad.

Column_sl

shitlord
You either like Fish, or haven't gotten to her big episodes yet. When you have, let us know what you think.

Astro isn't wrong about this. I like Gordon more than most people, and several characters are good/very good, but Arrow is vastly more entertaining.
Arrow is only entertaining because of the constant DC lore they put into it. I guarantee alot of us would dump that show in a heartbeat if it didn't showcase a bunch of characters from the comics. The writing, and acting on that show is abysmal..

And you may be correct about Gotham tanking later in the season, BUT they are working from a very confide box that can not be written out of. Like Devlin said what is the point of Batman if by the time he gets to Gotham all the major villains are cleaned up by Gordon.

My point was the show looks pretty, the casting department has done a good job, as well as wardrobe. There is plenty of money behind the show.
Also, Ben Endlund is not a bad writer so if they had a chance to do a proper Batman TV series I believe this crew could accomplish that.

Tenks

Since it sounds like Fish at some point dies this season there maybe hope for the show. It isn't a bad show but it isn't great. Penguin is still blue balling since he has yet to go full Penguin and he hasn't named his club Iceberg Lounge yet. I have high hopes for Nigma's character as well.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still think this would be a better show if Bruce was about 5-6 years older. Another problem is they've got so many characters that they don't do enough with them (Nigma is a good example). Except for Fish and nobody likes Fish.

Tenks

I'm not sure if they're having overarching super villains highlighting seasons. Like S1 deals with Penguin's origin and rise (and still gets callbacks later, but mostly S1) and then S2 is Nigma's story.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
are we sure we get any real super villain's full progression in this show? if gordon can defeat a full blown riddler or penguin then it doesnt say much for batman.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
are we sure we get any real super villain's full progression in this show? if gordon can defeat a full blowm riddler or penguin then it doesnt say much for batman.
I bet money Season 7 he takes down a fully suited MR. Freeze and Bane at the same time.

Tenks

are we sure we get any real super villain's full progression in this show? if gordon can defeat a full blown riddler or penguin then it doesnt say much for batman.
No I don't think we'll see their full progression. I think we'll be left off with the next logical step is them going full on super villain. At the moment Penguin is still somewhat ambiguous and a bit of an anti-hero. Possibly that is the way they'll paint most of these named villains since they're building up sympathy for Nigma as well.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
No I don't think we'll see their full progression. I think we'll be left off with the next logical step is them going full on super villain. At the moment Penguin is still somewhat ambiguous and a bit of an anti-hero. Possibly that is the way they'll paint most of these named villains since they're building up sympathy for Nigma as well.
Nigma had a run where he was full on Superhero. You can make him anti-hero/hero for a full run and it would still be in his character. The last few decades, the impetus of the character in the past has always been the riddle. Crime was almost inconsequential to the act. In the kids shows they had to portray him a little more black and white so he didn't overlap too much with Catwoman's modus operendi and ya know...kids shows. Batman 66 Riddler was off his freaking rocker though.

Column_sl

shitlord
This starts back up tonight.

Quote from another message board

Plans for this season ,and going forward. Clayface, Mad Hatter, and Victor Fries.

They also said they might want to explore the court of owls story line, which is the first case a young Bruce Wayne worked on.

Also the actor that did that amazing performance as a young Joker will return in the series, as they further flesh out his character with Enigma starting to unravel in the show.