Gotham

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

opiate82

Bronze Squire
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Gotham

Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Thriller, Crime

First aired: 2014-09-22

Creator: Bruno Heller

Cast: Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, David Mazouz, Sean Pertwee, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards, Camren Bicondova, Cory Michael Smith

Overview: Before there was Batman, there was GOTHAM. Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world's greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon's story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world's most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them – the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 95432[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Gotham[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-09-22[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Before there was Batman, there was GOTHAM.

Everyone knows the name Commissioner Gordon. He is one of the crime world's greatest foes, a man whose reputation is synonymous with law and order. But what is known of Gordon's story and his rise from rookie detective to Police Commissioner? What did it take to navigate the multiple layers of corruption that secretly ruled Gotham City, the spawning ground of the world's most iconic villains? And what circumstances created them – the larger-than-life personas who would become Catwoman, The Penguin, The Riddler, Two-Face and The Joker? [/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/25/showbi...tml?hpt=hp_bn9

Fox green-lights Batman prequal. Probably will focus on the early years of Commissioner Gordon, maybe drawing on 'Year One' for material.

D.C.'s answer to S.H.I.E.L.D it looks like.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I have my doubts about Gordon being a interesting enough lead character to carry a entire show. I'll still check it out, but it doesn't sound that interesting to me.

Goatface

show has a series order now, most of the main casting appears to be done except for Bruce
Ben McKenzie (Southland, The O.C.) ... Detective James Gordon
Donal Logue (Grounded for Life, Sons Of Anarchy, Terriers) ... Detective Harvey Bullock
Sean Pertwee ... Alfred Pennyworth

interestingly couple of quotes say it is going to be the story of Bruce till he puts on the cape, others say it is going to follow Gordon.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I have my doubts about Gordon being a interesting enough lead character to carry a entire show. I'll still check it out, but it doesn't sound that interesting to me.
Could show a little story on Batgirl and in the credits, show Oracle.

Goatface

Warner Bros. TV has tapped ?Touch? alum David Mazouz for the role of a pre-teen Bruce Wayne in ?Gotham,? the studio?s Batman origins drama for Fox.

Mazouz will play boy who leans on his butler Alfred and Commissioner James Gordon for guidance after his wealthy parents are murdered. Bruce Wayne has traditionally been the alter ego of the Caped Crusader ? but Mazouz will not at any point become Batman in the show, something Warner Bros. took pains to point that out in announcing the casting.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So, basically, another cop show. That's awesome, we definitely need more of those.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Lets make super hero shows without super heroes. Because that's so compelling.

Next they'll have a Superman that just runs real fast.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Pretty sure I saw "The Flash" is already being worked on, Kreugen.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Nah, that's pushing it. They'll just have a teen drama: Ma and Pa Kent, The Early Years.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm just still trying to figure out how this all is supposed to fit together. It's a show about Jim Gordon working his way up through the police force, but it's also about Bruce Wayne dealing with the death of his parents, while apparently also giving us the origin of several of Batman's foes. There are parts that sound like they'd make an interesting show, but then there are parts that also sound incredibly dull, while others I have no clue how they'll do without Batman. At this point, I'm unsure if they are trying to ensure they have plenty of content for storylines in the show or if the show just lacks focus.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database