Gotham

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
It's on Fox and its creative people are coming from network TV, it's gonna be terribad.

Executive producer Bruno Heller ("The Mentalist") wrote the pilot, which was directed and executive-produced by Danny Cannon (the "CSI" franchise, "Nikita"). John Stephens ("Gossip Girl," "The O.C.") will also serve as executive producer on the series

elidib

Vyemm Raider
rrr_img_66282.jpg

Goatface

So Bruce is ~10-15 years younger than all the classic villains?
speaking of ages was trying to look them up, most of them are not well known and don't have much as far as bios. what is little strange is looks like Poison Ivy has a different name and is way young. It is certainly not uncommon for 20 somethings to play teens, could see Penguin and Riddler being 17-18, but wonder if they are going for a 8 or 9 year old bruce.

Bruce - 13
Selina Kyle - 15
Ivy Pepper (? Poison Ivy) - 10?
Bette Kane (? Bat Girl- Hawkfire) - 26
Edward Nygma - 27
Oswald Cobblepot - unknown

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Bette Kane is an interesting choice. I suppose they could use her to pull in a vigilante 'hero' while Bruce is still a kid if they want to go in that direction. They probably should have used Kate Kane, but then they'd have to go all-in since she's now very established as a lesbian. I would laugh my ass off if they made Batman following in the steps of his aunt who was Batwoman.

Haka

N00b
'Gotham' showrunner breaks silence, answers burning questions | Inside TV | EW.com

Guy writing this was the guy who did Rome, my favourite show, which is enough for me to give this a glance, even if it's airing on Fox.

They talk a lot about how this show is mostly about Gordon and the villains, which I suppose will be interesting, instead of Smallville: Gotham edition.

They also mention the violence/darkness of this show, but since it's on Fox and not HBO or even Starz, I question how far they'll really go. Gotham seems like a scary as shit place, it will be hard to do that on Fox imo.

I dunno, still not sold, but he said all the right things in that interview. Guess we'll see.

Column_sl

shitlord
My favorite version of Gotham was in the Birds of Prey series. It was a city that was surrounded by desert.
All the architecture was gothic skyscrapers that rose up to the heavens.

It didn't make any sense at all,but it looked bad ass as fuck.It also allowed Batmans peanut gallery to jump around far above the city streets.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
are they trying to make sure nobody watches this? they have already said that Joker will not be in this show so its pointless to tease something thats never going to happen. at least Arrow doesnt fuck you over like this.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Took a mediocre idea and driving it right down to horrible.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd say it's actually an interesting idea if it was leading to some real Joker action. Instead it's just a season long dicktease.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Heh you guys keep ragging on the show and I bet it outdoes Arrow ratings and they renew it for a full season two.

Besides with Fox buying WB, it's all going to be a moot point.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Heh you guys keep ragging on the show and I bet it outdoes Arrow ratings and they renew it for a full season two.

Besides with Fox buying WB, it's all going to be a moot point.
the CW is a small network. a fox show should be able to have larger ratings than it. the fact that fox paid a fuckload for the riddler, penguin and poison ivy gothambabies shows how big this show should be. the thing is if you tease something you have no rights to tease, people, fanbois to be precise will shit on you.