Grand Kingdom (PS4)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
A mention of this in the RPG thread, but in case not everyone ventures there. I think it is good enough for its own thread.

Been playing this over the weekend. Fun game, and it sucks the hours out of the day. Combat becomes somewhat like Xcom, just one more, just one more. I have 15+ hours into it and only have two decent squads at level 15-17 and rest are level 1s. Highest level is 99 and I think that will take a while.

Online component is that you have 4 factions, which you can pick from and create war contracts. They last anywhere from 1- 5 days. You then get access to missions you can do for rewards. You can send in squads or do battle in warfields yourself. There you will encounter both regular mobs and squads of players (NPC plays them). In Versus missions you also battle against player troops controlled by the NPC racing/fighting for various objectives. You get realm points, and at the end of every war, there are player victors (4) which all get bard songs about them in the capital from your player name and squad.

Also think you can follow friends and get access to their troops somewhat similar to Bravely Default, but not tried that.

Can tailor (not enough) what your squads do when sent to fight. After a while they return and you can watch one of the battles they have fought in a replay to see how your tactics work. I'd advice removing things like trap spells from the characters before dispatching them since the AI seems overly fond of using them.

You can set formations to your squad, including placing objects on the battle field. This can make your squads start with shield walls next to them or traps ahead of them in defensive positions.

17 classes, though I haven't seen all of them. Guess some might unlock later in the game.

Some tips.

- Hires have random stat allocations, so classes might have the best bonus stats for the wrong skills. If you want to somewhat min max characters you can enter travel missions and just quit it to reset the roster for hires.

- Look at the two skills the character you are about to hire have. Double attack is fantastic. Look for mighty guard, healing rain, friendly fire, mental heal. Might consider getting a character with a good skill over a better stat allocation.

- Skills can be traded to other characters by skilling them up with mastery. Then you can add it to your tome and train it on a main character.

- Money is a somewhat rare resource (still is for me at least). Don't sell old weapons and armor. You can use them for lower level characters.

- I get quick heal on all characters. Later on, also heavy weight.

- Speccing Tech at the beginning levels characters up faster. At level 20 and 30, characters can be classed. Increasing their stats and reverting to level 1.

- Some obstacles in maps can be removed with TP abilities. Like Tornado can be removed with Healing Rain for 8 tp.

- With a medic, you can heal yourself by walking close to another character and throwing a heal bottle into them. It will heal both.

- Dragon mages are godtier even though they take up two spaces. If the HP left on a mob after an attack can be one shot by another character close to you, an assist can be triggered for the kill blow. Since Dragon Mages hit like trucks, they can assist on mobs with 50-70+% hp at times.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
How are you playing this already, it does not come out until June 21st!
I preorderd it, could i be playing now?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Was still able to preorder direct from PSN for the 5.00 off. Still looking for info about online mode but add me if you want to battle! Drakonin626

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So is this like technically June 21st ie; midnight or when can a person expect to download? Might give it a try to fuck around with....i'm jumping between Total War: Warhammer, Stranger of Sword City and Blood Bowl II (just DL'd and not sure i like it).....but can't seem to really get into any long gaming sessions without wanting something else! Playing more smite then anything but then get mad dreaming of "building up" something vs single battles and want something with character development. What a horrible loop~!~~

spronk

FPS noob
There should be a demo version up of GK for ps4 on the NA/EU storefronts, you may wanna check it out before you buy - I think you can play the first 2 levels. I tried the beta and just found the game way too anime for my tastes, and the combat not to my liking. I also played Odin Sphere and really enjoyed (and bought) that, but its pretty much 2d-ish action combat.

Heres the GK vita demo version, I don't think the webstore has the PS4 version up yet
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...MO000000000000

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else having issues right now on PS4? I tried to log in for the first time in a while and had to download a patch and i can't go to the PS store. Even going to their webpage it doesn't say anything is wrong but you can't actually get to it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I miss read your post.

I had a patch last night and the store was running slow, its back now.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I miss read your post.

I had a patch last night and the store was running slow, its back now.
Hmm so werid, i can't go to any of the sony PSN pages on my PC nor can i get anything to work on my PS4 but i have no issues with anything else internetwise....below was the error i got when trying to open the manage account page on their website. And i can't load the store at all either..

You don't have permission to access "http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action" on this server.
Reference #18.66c90845.1466564685.2125d46

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
No go on the streaming, my bandwidth is terrible.

Fun game put about 8 hours in today the online stuff is beyond me still I just move towards the objective but god damn does it feel chaotic as fuck for a turn based RPG. I can see the grind already but look forward to some class ups.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Last save was over 20 hours player already, can't put this game down until I literally fall asleep with controller in my hand. Still no idea what I am doing during wars, nothing I do really seems to matter at least it feels that way at low levels. I can see a group of max level badasses making a difference but by the time I have those so will everyone else. I regret classing up my main group since it drops you down to level 1 but it is allowing me to try different classes. I am decent at the combat and routinely defeat stronger opponents but that is in part due to the AI being fairly terrible.

Current groups are a defensive setup of Challenger(Barrel dude) Shaman, Arcanist, Archer, I have a wall, explosive barrel and a warp trap in the only open lane for those melee that rush in. Challenger really shines when he gets the assist since he does massive one hit damage.

Alt group is Fighter, Rogue, Medic, Blacksmith. Rogue is such a beast she can move anywhere at the start and usually one round kill anyone as well. Blacksmith and Fighter do some serious damage as well, and medic when not healing can finish people off with a well placed triple hit acid throw.

I tried Dragonrider but don't see their value vs two seperate characters.

Hiring units is a massive chore and I hope once a get a group to level 50+ or smething I can hire more reliable level 1s with better apptitudes, as it stands I have seen one "A" apptitude on a blacksmith in magic stat, and a Noble with a B rank in str so I picked her up but haven't tried her yet. This is in the 50+ times I have gone into hiring after a quest or quick back out after travel quest.

If I ignore the min/max hiring this game is a solid 9/10

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I just started this last night and like it pretty well so far. Game was really fucking annoying for the first hour, however, as I was too drunk to figure out that non-casters could hit more than once per turn, so I'd reached he conclusion that melee was utterly worthless. Once I figured that out - that is, once I realized that melee was capable of actually killing shit - the game became considerably more fun.

Still don't know what I'm doing, though.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Any melee that can launch dudes you want to do manually, my setup is Square Triangle Circle, R1+Circle. Square for main non push hit, Triangle for Launch, Circle for skill that doesn't more dmg to launched mobs, then R1+circle for the skill that has the most range. Rogue however just use easy mode and mash circle.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I tried Dragonrider but don't see their value vs two seperate characters.

Hiring units is a massive chore and I hope once a get a group to level 50+ or smething I can hire more reliable level 1s with better apptitudes, as it stands I have seen one "A" apptitude on a blacksmith in magic stat, and a Noble with a B rank in str so I picked her up but haven't tried her yet. This is in the 50+ times I have gone into hiring after a quest or quick back out after travel quest.

If I ignore the min/max hiring this game is a solid 9/10
Dragonmages value come from hitting twice as hard as two characters. Their attacks usually kill whatever they aim at, and having them in range of another character attacking will usually trigger an assist. A stomp + breath attack can kill up to three characters standing in line.

The stat quality available for hire goes up as your rank goes up. I am at C rank now and the units available for hire now usually cost 1000+ gold where most/all have at least one or more C ranks, and some higher. So my guess it will probably be better to gain ranks with an average crew before trying to min max. Once you hit B+ rank, you can look for replacements for the classes you use from your main team and level them up from there. Might be faster to get A+ stat characters that way than to class up your first hires that probably have more F rank stats than not.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I will try Dragonmage with two ranged characters, paired her with Melee and couldn't quite get the dragon into position to be effective.