Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I dont mind blacks or gays Duppin. You have me all wrong.

The Hohner was a $200 basic acoustic, I like the sound. I'm no pro though

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Google seems to think it's an okay brand. I don't know anything about them. I'm less knowledgeable about acoustics anyway. That ams granpa guitars.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
God damnit Tuco, you gotta go easy on the guy, you can't just be like"What the fuck happened Arasyar?". You have to at least make small talk for a bit before you try wheedling it out of the poor guy.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Arizona is awful. A water deprived, conservative shithole that is baking consistently at 110 degrees.

I'm looking at places like Denver, Seattle, Boston, Pittsburgh.

Duppin, its a Hohner Acoustic
Bro only got up to 80 here today. And if you wanna lib it up move to sedona or flagstaff(more snow than chicago).

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
A combination of midlife crisis, exhaustion and just general weariness of doing same shit for almost a decade straight at 60+ hours a week. I do a lot of management which I despise and that I'm good at, but its not my forte. Dealing with people and personalities is tiring and aggravating to me. I've always been more of the idea man, rather than day to day manager.

My entire life for the past few years more or less consisted of posting here, working, and sleeping. At this point, I pretty much hate where I am in life.

There were also additional external factors that befell the company that were outside my control. Eventually, I just threw my hands up and said I cant do this anymore because I'll die at 37 either from a stroke or from suicide. So I resigned from the company, turned it over to my partners (who will probably run it into the ground without me unless they find a very knowledgeable manager) and walked out the door.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
move to sedona or flagstaff(more snow than chicago).
i dont believe that bro

History+Repeats+Itself+2011+vs.+1967.jpg

Duppin_sl

shitlord
No homo, bro, music is great for reducing stress. It's been an absolute lifesaver for me, and great for my social life to boot. I.e. I have one now, where I didn't have much of one a year or two ago.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A combination of midlife crisis, exhaustion and just general weariness of doing same shit for almost a decade straight at 60+ hours a week. I do a lot of management which I despise and that I'm good at, but its not my forte. Dealing with people and personalities is tiring and aggravating to me. I've always been more of the idea man, rather than day to day manager.

My entire life for the past few years more or less consisted of posting here, working, and sleeping. At this point, I pretty much hate where I am in life.

There were also additional external factors that befell the company that were outside my control. Eventually, I just threw my hands up and said I cant do this anymore because I'll die at 37 either from a stroke or from suicide. So I resigned from the company, turned it over to my partners (who will probably run it into the ground without me unless they find a very knowledgeable manager) and walked out the door.
Intense bro. Good luck.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Music isnt going to solve everything here, I need to make some significant life changes.

I'm happier in the last few weeks than I have been in years. I'm just getting up at 10 am, making breakfast, feeding my cat, shooting the shit with you tards, and then going down to the basement to build my own furniture.

I always thought that owning your business would liberate you, and in the way it has because you can do whatever you want whenever you want in theory. But in reality it way more constricting than a 9-5 job ever could be because in reality you never leave the office even if you're physically not there. A lot of people immediately trot out that work/life balance shit, but good luck with that when you have to do the jobs of 2-3 people.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

Did you get paaaaaaid (did your partners buy your share of the company)?

What's next for Araysar?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I took enough money to live comfortably for a few months. I live modestly.

I dont know whats next for me. I interviewed with one non-profit here in Chicago a few times and it looks like there's a good chance I'll get the job. Otherwise, there are 100k-150k jobs around the country that I am well qualified for, but its doing same shit I've been doing for large multi-billion dollar corporations but with probably a lot less stress.

I'm 32, I got a boatload of experience, I've been an exec for large companies and an entrepreneur. Recruiters love seeing that stuff. I'm not attached to anything or to anyone, so I can pick up and move wherever work takes me. Right now, I'm just riding bicycles, talking to hoes on OkCupid, cleaning up cat puke, and puttering around in the basement. You know, man shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As far as hobbies go it's pretty difficult. It's a niche hobby, requires some specific tools that take effort to find, requires actual skill to produce anything useful and you need a somewhat isolated environment to do it in (As in you have to live in the country or you'll upset your neighbors). Oh and if you have soft programmer hands like me you'll only be able to do it for an hour at a time until you build up calluses.

It's one of those skills where if you enjoy hitting hot metal with a hammer it's great, if you don't it's terrible. Crafting wood furniture is probably more rewarding and enjoyable. Only thing I don't like about carpentry is staining the wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.