Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Maybe if you worked instead of browsing you'd get home earlier? *shrug*
biggrin.png
As a general rule of thumb I've always been a hard worker, to the point of even feeling guilty if I start goofing off. Coworkers haven't always felt the same and I've actually been told to stop doing so much because:

• You're working yourself out of a job
  • You're working everyone out of a job
  • You're making us look bad, and you need to settle down and relax

The thing is, I've had occasions where I've butted heads with bosses/managers because as a reward for hard work, I've been given MORE work while slackers are given none. I've actually been told that I got stuff dumped on me specifically because they knew they could count on me to get it done, which really chapped my ass when I never got rewarded for that stuff and the slackers never got punished.

It was very, very rare that I ever got to go home early because I worked hard and got X amount of work done. Usually my reward was"Done with that? OK, here's your next project", so at the very least I could see why coworkers just said "fuck it" and decided not to kill themselves.

I've always chalked it up to piss-poor management but that might be debatable.

iannis

Musty Nester
Hard work is it's own reward. Literally. I've had to tell people, "They/you don't pay me enough to be bored."

Not recently, and that's what you call a mixed blessing.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I'm no longer a boss as of last month. I essentially resigned from my own company. I am now fully unemployed.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I really dont know. I havent had to look for a job in almost a decade, so this feels pretty odd.

I've been taking classes on painting and woodworking. Been fixing stuff around the house, drawing, painting, reading books, working with my hands, started DJing again and recording music, dusted off my old acoustic. I am pretty much a Renaissance man right now.

I've been looking around and there are some jobs around the country that fit my skillset. So its a strong possibility that I might be leaving Chicago after 22 years and going somewhere else. In a way I am looking forward to it, to start fresh all over again.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Arizona is awful. A water deprived, conservative shithole that is baking consistently at 110 degrees.

I'm looking at places like Denver, Seattle, Boston, Pittsburgh.

Duppin, its a Hohner Acoustic

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I don't know anything about those. Does it play nice?

You'd probably like Seattle, not many black people here. Lots of gays though. So you'd have to choose between the lesser of two evils.

Status
Not open for further replies.