Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
a_skeleton_03, seriously bro, its time to step away from the keyboard and consider suicide.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That is ridiculous. If they made a game of you playing a Nazi and you had to manage your ovens at the right temps you would be appalled. It would fit into your test though of "just a certain type of person being brought to life in a video game".

What about a game where you are a lynch mob in the western days? Would that be cool?
Your examples suck. The point is, a large number of people don't WANT to be a lynch mob or a Nazi. However, a many urban youths actively try to become a stereotypical black gangster. To get their "cred and paper, son".

They make video games to be fun. It's fun to pretend you're a bad ass black gangster knowing full well playing the game isn't going to get you killed in real life. You can live vicariously through the pixels.
A lot of people would not find it fun to be an old western lynch-man, or a Jew burning Nazi. You do understand that, right?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
According to Dumar
smile.png
Let's also take this off the table while we're at it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
What you don't think wrote recitation of Marxist inspired thinking is a convincing argument?

I'm almost as offended as a_skeleton_03 is by the over usage of the word Wakandan in a video game.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Your examples suck. The point is, a large number of people don't WANT to be a lynch mob or a Nazi. However, a many urban youths actively try to become a stereotypical black gangster. To get their "cred and paper, son".

They make video games to be fun. It's fun to pretend you're a bad ass black gangster knowing full well playing the game isn't going to get you killed in real life. You can live vicariously through the pixels.
A lot of people would not find it fun to be an old western lynch-man, or a Jew burning Nazi. You do understand that, right?
I always failed the pimp missions in GTA SA, pimpin ain't easy.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

A lot of people don't find it fun to be on the set of "Boyz N the Hood".

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
A lot of people don't find it fun to be on the set of "Boyz N the Hood".
Then don't play the fucking thing. You had it before release, resell it for the same as you bought it and stop shitting up the thread about the most anticipated game of the year with your pedantic crying bullshit.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm 10 hours in and it's just amazing. I agree 100% with Trevor being the personification of GTA. I honestly don't get the whole n word complaint though... I found it barely noticeable. Franklin so far is probably my favorite character, out of the three he's the most relateable.

Plot spoilers~
The way Trevor deals with his competitors before he meets up with Michael was gold. He's like a meth head wrangler with that gives absolutely no fucks. I mean Trevor is banging the biker's girlfriend, the biker protests and Trevor proceeds to kill the guy. Then proceeds to wipe out the entire biker gang, because seriously who wants to deal with the hassle of explaining a body? The asian gangster who's on X with his Dad's handler taking care of him was hilarious. The asian gangster is going on about how awesome the private room is, meanwhile he's being locked in an ice freezer outside a meth lab/liquor store.

This game is absolute gold.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
You cannot defend this. I am not saying the game shouldn't be made or that they aren't allowed to have the word American Inventor in it. I said the amount of the word was excessive and is thus distracting. When you play it let me know if you agree.
Would it be said any more or less times than the amount it's said if you played any combination of NWA, Wu-Tang, Ice-T, Ice Cube, Easy E, Dr. Dre albums back to back on repeat for the same length of time as you played the game?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hell, let's skip gangster rap all together and go with pussy rap.

They say Wakandan a LOT in this song. And drake's pretty much a white guy at this point. Especially when he shows an old white woman as his mother.

And this video is just funny. I'd say 25% of the words said are Wakandan.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Would it be said any more or less times than the amount it's said if you played any combination of NWA, Wu-Tang, Ice-T, Ice Cube, Easy E, Dr. Dre albums back to back on repeat for the same length of time as you played the game?
All those albums back to back would be less than GTA V.

Status
Not open for further replies.