Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Still hard to get excited about another GTA in LA.
Yeah, I am not excited for this what so ever. LA is like the most boring city they could have possibly chosen and Rock Star has already done LA a couple times. Do something new, for fuck's sake.

chilansl

Lord Nagafen Raider
It is less important for me that is takes place in "Los Angeles" since they will change everything again. Whatever memory I have from GTA:SA will be useless.
More important is the fun factor. GTA:IV was sorta fun with a lot of depressing crap. GTA:IV:TLATD was also kinda depressing. GTA:IV:TBOGT was fun fun fun! Who doesn't want to fly a gilded attack helicopter? Or steal a train car? Or hector the Russian muscle guy who never wants to talk?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What's funny is that I hate all the extra non-driving shit they keep lumping into these games. tbogt was one minigame after another with obnoxious characters.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
How could you not love shit like synchronized car hydrolics or whatever the fuck that shit was? Or dressing up like a gimp and beating someone with a dildo?

A lot of thought went into that.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Unless they put back some of the RPG elements back into this game I won't be buying it. GTA IV was so fucking boring to me. It was essentially a point a to b grindfest with barely anything to do in between. There weren't even any buildings to buy in IV. Money was worthless. Plus fuck LA.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Favorite territory control GTA was SA. I loved beasting like 40 dudes with my M4 to take over territory. I hate buying buildings though. Every gang-territory control game should have an accountant that handles that shit.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I don't get why people think buying buildings was the height of GTA gameplay. It offered absolutely nothing except more money to buy more buildings of no consequence.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Buying the buildings and doing context-sensitive quests to fully own the businesses and generate useful resources is good.

Making the work to get a business be only money and the business only producing money is bad. The player is stuck in a loop when buying properties where money is extremely scarce because there's always more properties to buy, but once they're all purchased the player has nearly infinite money.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think a GTA where it takes place in not only more than one city, but more than one country would be great. You start in NYC and as you gain prominence you're called upon to meet the big man in Italy and the game continues from there with trips to the Middle East, Spain, England, etc.

Or have an Asian-based GTA. The Yakuza has a ton of material to work with. Make a GTA: Tokyo or something.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Man I love Red Dead and Vice City but I am not pumped at all for this.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed sleepign dogs. It has its problems but it's a very clean and novel take on driving/shooting sandbox games.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought it around Black Friday and to be honest, I couldn't get into it... all I played was the first "tutorial" type mission so I really need to invest some time into it before I can give a real opinion on it

Status
Not open for further replies.