Grand Theft Auto V

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
FUCK FUCK FUCK

end spoiler

I didn't fucking know that you could actually save all 3 characters at the end, so I killed Trevor. Now I have to replay the entire game...and least this time I won't blow Lester's assassination missions

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rockstar predicted it would be like this so I don't really fault them.

but yeah I'm with you, I don't even think I'll try to get online this week at all.
I'm not even going to let it patch to 1.01 until I'm 100% done with everything I intend to do in single player. There are tons of people reporting that their SP savegames have been fucked up; missions getting rolled back or even rolled forward, etc.

Because it's not financially responsible to do so. You get servers to handle the initial load and that's fine. Then a month later 2/3s of your user base is on to the next thing. They've now got a ton of servers sitting being wasted. That's not cheap.
Or, they could, you know, use a host like Amazon's AWS or some other such cloud service which will scale the server capacity up and down as needed.

Sean_sl

shitlord
FUCK FUCK FUCK

end spoiler

I didn't fucking know that you could actually save all 3 characters at the end, so I killed Trevor. Now I have to replay the entire game...and least this time I won't blow Lester's assassination missions
Heh, I kept 4 different rotating save files just in case of fucking up something like this. Don't have anything that's not that far back that you can load up?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I learned a long time ago to have about 13 rotating saves....

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Heh, I kept 4 different rotating save files just in case of fucking up something like this. Don't have anything that's not that far back that you can load up?
I do, but there's also the thing where I accidentally did the first 3 assassination missions in my game.

Is there a max number of save slots for ps3? It seems like I got to 15 or so and now no matter what slot I choose to overwrite, it just overwrites the most recent save.

Elerion

N00b
FUCK FUCK FUCK

end spoiler

Yeah, I actually googled that shit when the choice came up. Option C being called "Deathwish" made it seem like it would potentially get Franklin killed in a scripted sequence, and if that was the case I would rather kill Trevor. Google told me I could save all 3, so C it was.
I do, but there's also the thing where I accidentally did the first 3 assassination missions in my game.

Is there a max number of save slots for ps3? It seems like I got to 15 or so and now no matter what slot I choose to overwrite, it just overwrites the most recent save.
Don't worry about the assassination missions.
There's zero payoff for buying the properties (not even a trophy), and you can pretty much buy everything else with just the final heist takings. I saved all the assassination missions until the end, got $900m on each character, but wasn't even close to being able to spend it all. All the properties just gave me a "Welcome to our new owner!" text message/call and some minor discounts and/or income that didn't come close to matching the cost. It's not worth sweating.

The save slots were weird, I never quite figured out how it worked. Every time I manually saved to a slot, it would give me an overwrite warning on the next autosave. I just had 4 slots that I rotated whenever I manually saved, but I never had to load them.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess I could just reload back as far as I need to

I got to the end and the fucking deathwish option popped up and I thought "Oh fuck that, Franklin is my favorite character" so T got the axe...I wish they would have been a tad more clear on that one Last option should have said "Fuck you" or something.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Tried GTA Online. My PS3 froze while loading the first race. Great. Rebooted it, and re-entered GTA online. Once again, my PS3 froze at the first race, except this time the sound started looping like crazy. Hrm. Rockstar really fucked this up.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tried GTA Online. My PS3 froze while loading the first race. Great. Rebooted it, and re-entered GTA online. Once again, my PS3 froze at the first race, except this time the sound started looping like crazy. Hrm. Rockstar really fucked this up.
This is a video game forum! You know how every online launch has gone in the history of online gaming by virtue of posting here! You should have expected this!

STOP BEING AN IGNORANT BAD!

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
A single player game franchise is having trouble with online play on launch day?

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Cor_sl

shitlord
This is a video game forum! You know how every online launch has gone in the history of online gaming by virtue of posting here! You should have expected this!

STOP BEING AN IGNORANT BAD!
Hahaha.

To be honest, I don't really mind the server issues. I was expecting them anyway. I don't appreciate the game crashing my PS3, though. That's pretty fucked up.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Rockstar said in a press release that the launch for GTA Online would probably be pretty rocky at the start.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Needless

Toe Sucker
HDD doesn't have enough RPM. Bad.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
HDD doesn't have enough RPM. Bad.
009e22b5_beating_a_dead_horse.jpeg

Sean_sl

shitlord
Rockstar said in a press release that the launch for GTA Online would probably be pretty rocky at the start.
That doesn't really excuse it. All that says is that that they're not willing to take a few coins out of their Mega-Money Bin to make things run properly. With the amount of money and resources Rockstar has it's pretty obnoxious that they would do this. They already spent like $265 million to make the game, what's a little more?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Still no luck in getting in (ps3). Tried all different options now, straight into GTA, invite only and friends only. None of the options lets me join or host a game, just boots me back to single player. Tried Solo play too, that loads the character into the world, but the first racing mission appears to be multiplayer only or something, because I start at the mission start point, but there is no way to activate it. On a parking lot with cars I can't steal, and when I try to leave it the npcs there tell me that I am going the wrong way. If I run away from the parking lot and steal a car, I can roam the city, but I get a yellow gps location to go to the starting mission, but there is nothing there. No blue icon to activate it.

EDIT: Also tried to do the infinite money glitch thing (finding hidden suitcases underwater and switching characters to repeatedly pick them up), but the packages no longer respawn it seems. So might have been patched in this patch. I didn't try it until just now, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Switching still refills the air, so can stay underwater, but no instant money
frown.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Gonna need less understanding toward GTA:Online problems and more tears to fuel my schadenfreude. Sean's naive thoughts toward mmo launches just isn't cutting it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I wonder when we'll ever see a large online MMO-style launch that actually goes off flawlessly?

You'd think that at this point, there would be enough information and experience within the industry that things would go smoother, yet they never, ever do. Doesn't matter how large the company, whether it's Blizzard, Rockstar, Maxis, whatever. They all screw it up to varying degrees.