Grand Theft Auto V

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Unless you have a brand new PS3 with a HDD with RPMs of 7k or more. Unfortunately this information isn't available on the box or in the documentation that comes with it so you will need to look this up on your own somewhere.
u casual scum.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you rickshawed the GTA V thread I started so you could start your own and have all the glory.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Negative sir, I wasn't the party responsible for the shaw'ing, when I saw it shawed I created a new one.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
So everyone started bitch slapping and no one ever answered, is balsaq down for other peeps or is it just me?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I have a relevant question: how good is the original San Andreas? I never actually played the original GTA's back in the day, and played GTA3 and VC on my desktop and/or HTPC last year. However SA is being a complete and total cunt, and won't even start on either computer. It seems to work fine on my WinXP computer at the office (don't even ask). So I'm debating just getting a copy of WinXP running on a spare HD and swapping that in when I have some time to spend on SA, but that's a few hours worth of work. Should I even bother?

I thought GTA3 was mediocre and it was a bit of a slog to work through, but VC was pretty good if only because of the more interesting missions, better voice acting and story. I do not give one fuck about doing a million races, finding pigeons or some shit, or buying property. I'd just be doing the main storyline missions and some of the side ones. Which is maybe why I personally thought GTA4 was pretty good, all that other shit is extraneous IMO.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I have a relevant question: how good is the original San Andreas? I never actually played the original GTA's back in the day, and played GTA3 and VC on my desktop and/or HTPC last year. However SA is being a complete and total cunt, and won't even start on either computer. It seems to work fine on my WinXP computer at the office (don't even ask). So I'm debating just getting a copy of WinXP running on a spare HD and swapping that in when I have some time to spend on SA, but that's a few hours worth of work. Should I even bother?

I thought GTA3 was mediocre and it was a bit of a slog to work through, but VC was pretty good if only because of the more interesting missions, better voice acting and story. I do not give one fuck about doing a million races, finding pigeons or some shit, or buying property. I'd just be doing the main storyline missions and some of the side ones.
I thought San Andreas was the worst of all the games, but that's just my personal opinion. I got about halfway through and got bored. I never did finish.

*edit* I think my main problem was I just didn't like the main story or the main character.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

I thought GTA3 was mediocre and it was a bit of a slog to work through, but VC was pretty good if only because of the more interesting missions, better voice acting and story. I do not give one fuck about doing a million races, finding pigeons or some shit, or buying property. I'd just be doing the main storyline missions and some of the side ones. Which is maybe why I personally thought GTA4 was pretty good, all that other shit is extraneous IMO.
At this point? Just watch clips of the game on youtube, its not worth the effort of going back to. If you absolutely must play it, just get a cheap ass copy off PSN or Xboxlive for like 10 bucks, that shit will run on a console and the difference in graphical quality between the pc and the console for that game isn't really all that much.

SA was not as good storyline wise as Vice City or 5, but it was better than 3 or 4. Gameplay wise, its dated as shit, the controls are shitty on PC (don't even begin to think you're popping a wheely on a motocycle or bike on the PC, you'll be whipped for heresy) and are actually better on consoles because Rockstar shitted up the controls and never fixed them. Its much bigger than the old GTAs like 3 and Vice City, but it also has a lot of superfluous mechanics that no one cares for anymore, like weight lifting/exercise.

It was a fantastic game at the time, but by now, you're not missing anything by skipping it forever if you've made it this long without playing it.

So everyone started bitch slapping and no one ever answered, is balsaq down for other peeps or is it just me?
I dunno man. I haven't really been able to tell if my game is logged into the Rockstar servers or not basically ever.

I know I don't have any social club bonuses. I can't even tell how to re enter my social club user name and password to log in, because the online component just says coming soon.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I have a relevant question: how good is the original San Andreas?
I thought it was the best in the series. And I played them all. It's got funny storylines, great voice acting, etc..etc.. and on the PC it's even better.

Just depends on what you liked, where/when you grew up, etc...

*edit* I think my main problem was I just didn't like the main story or the main character.
The main character was terrible. I always thought he looked like Donovan McNabb.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
If it was $5 that would be such an easy decision. As it stands I think I paid like $30 for all the games up to and including 4 on Steam. Gaaaaaaaaay. Same shit goes with FF7, played like a quarter of it way back in the day on a friend's PS, and never got around to ever finishing it. $12 for a fucking 15+ year old game? Are you fucking with me?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If it makes it easier, you can get an easy 100 hours out of the game, no problem.

And it does have Sam Jackson smoking pot in it.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
If it was $5 that would be such an easy decision. As it stands I think I paid like $30 for all the games up to and including 4 on Steam. Gaaaaaaaaay. Same shit goes with FF7, played like a quarter of it way back in the day on a friend's PS, and never got around to ever finishing it. $12 for a fucking 15+ year old game? Are you fucking with me?
Aren't you a mapple syrup tycoon? Just spend the $12 bucks or whatever for one of the greatest games of all time.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
he lost like $30 million in a syrup heist about a year ago, so that wallet isn't so fat anymore

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Aren't you a mapple syrup tycoon? Just spend the $12 bucks or whatever for one of the greatest games of all time.
It's the principle man! That $12 could like, I don't know, purchase some fast food or whatever it is you peons do with your measly salaries that I deign to provide you with.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah yeah chris chris, real talk bro, down low. Yo. If you like black culture then san andreas is the game for you.

I couldn't stand an hour of it after playing the shit out of GTA2 and Vice City.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
my usb flash drive that i just bought isnt up to xbox standards and my game and or movies might play like shit? it never said that when i formatted my like 6 year old usb