Grand Theft Auto V

Sean_sl

shitlord
Getting a fully upgraded Bullpup shotgun right off is hilarious. I think that's some pre-order or CE shit. Some guy came right up next to me and started to jack my car and pretty much 1 shot him.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
There's a button down at the bottom when it's loading, X on PS3, to switch it from loading story mode to online and back.

Faiona_sl

shitlord
There's a button down at the bottom when it's loading, X on PS3, to switch it from loading story mode to online and back.
Thank you
smile.png

Edit: \o/ Yay finally loaded past the race!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Obtaining a firetruck sad:
I was kinda disappointed that I could just call 911 to get a firetruck to my location. Before I remembered I had the emerg services in the phone, I was dumping gas on cars, and blowing up gas stations with no success.

I'm pretty sure you'd get a firetruck to your location if you set fire to shit in the older GTA games

Sean_sl

shitlord
Heh, stole a Crotti Carbonizzare I saw on the road from a random npc and tried to go to a mod shop to register it - It gave me a "this car is too hot to modify" message and said to purchase high end vehicles on the in-game website. Guess there's no bullshitting that and you have to earn cash to get good cars. Hits home the "pay to win" shit of the paying RL cash for game cash though.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So what are some decent ways to make money in the online portion of the game? To you get reward money for winning races or does money come mainly from doing heists? I guess I'm curious if there are simple ways to grind for money, or if the big multi-person missions are the only real option.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That really sucks that you can't mod stolen cars. I mean, really, there's no auto shop willing to work on a stolen car in the GTA world? Heh, the motive is pretty transparent. Oh well, hopefully it really is easier to earn money online than off.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Single player fix going live today

In addition to fixing disappearing garaged cars:
Fix for interface issues when using Internet on the cell phone after completing the game, or during a mission replay
Fix for the Vanilla Unicorn occasionally becoming locked
Fix for issues where the character's money could drop below zero and become stuck there
Fix for the Epsilon Program missions not progressing properly after delivering some cars
Fix for issue where the Atomic Blimp sometimes does not appear as a phone contact for Collector's Edition owners
Fix for issues with saved vehicles going missing, or losing their upgrades
Fixes for several map escape and collision issues along with other various bug fixes

Story Mode Update Fixes Missing Vehicles

Cor_sl

shitlord
I finally managed to get the online working and I played for a good 2 hours. For some reason, the game just kicked me back to the single player mode and now my gta online character has disappeared. What a fucking joke.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Just shot a guy in his camaro, stole it and now he's chasing me yelling on his mic in gta 5 online, this is more fun than single player! lol

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Obtaining a firetruck sad:
I was kinda disappointed that I could just call 911 to get a firetruck to my location. Before I remembered I had the emerg services in the phone, I was dumping gas on cars, and blowing up gas stations with no success.

I'm pretty sure you'd get a firetruck to your location if you set fire to shit in the older GTA games
I was blowing them up with the granade launcher and getting them to come to the scene. Maybe it's random.

Meatus_sl

shitlord
Anyone can tell me if there are still guns and armor laying around in multiplayer on the same places as single player?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Goddamn police rear ends my car with his cruiser and I get wanted level! Cops that suck at their job!

I wish I could purchase a house with a Leno sized garage for my sexytime rides.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
So when the game starts initially i get to the character selection screen and then when i accept i get a message about cloud servers being down. Then every time i load GTAO from single player it goes to a black screen and i have to restart my PS3, I'm pretty sure this is a step backwards from yesterday when it wouldn't load at all.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I finally managed to get the online working and I played for a good 2 hours. For some reason, the game just kicked me back to the single player mode and now my gta online character has disappeared. What a fucking joke.
I still have not gotten past the race.

Managed to create a character yesterday, but the game never loaded the race. Never managed to get back in yesterday (unable to join host). Solo game never loaded the race mission, so unable to progress.
Today, same problems, unable to join or host a game. Then it said cloud servers went down, and now my previously made character is gone. Created a new one, loaded the intro up until the race, but again the race mission did not initiate (no blue mission activation spot). Tried to restart it, but game crashed when going back to singleplayer. Reset PS3 and now the new character I made is gone too.

Unresponsive servers due to load is one thing, this is just broken.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I managed a good number of hours today. So far, I am not exactly what you would call enamored with it.

The city in GTAO is completely lifeless, the population density is almost nothing. It massively takes away from the feeling that the single player game has. It feels just totally empty. The current crop of missions are fairly bland too, there's not much to them at all and heists are not in yet. It barely feels like it's worth playing at all.

Maybe it'll be better a year down the road with the next-gen+PC versions that can have livelier online cities and real missions/content patched in.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I don't see the point in loading it up at all until heists are in.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Blargh. Online is pretty much useless right now. Avoid til further notice