Gravity (2013)

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
The 3D certainly did serve to highlight the abundance of pens in space
smile.png
. Sometimes it was neat but most of it that I remember were the oh look 3D moments like hand grabs and misc stuff floating over a shoulder as the explosions tend to blur together in my mind, there were a lot of them after all. Also the lens flares that they used from time to time were odd and only served to take me out of the moment but maybe I just missed out by not going to an IMAX.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
There was one moment when the 3d effects "really" got me, and actually made me flinch, I think it was during the 2nd event when she was outside of the space station. I think the 3d added to the overall experience, it's a movie dedicated to things moving about in 3d space. The music was perfect, especially when she was having a panic attack during the first wave.My own heart was racing, it felt tense.

I saw it in real 3d, it actually wasn't bad, The space station effects were a little blurry (I remember in particular one spinning nut that stood out as being a poor effect in real3d), but all the outdoor stuff looked magnificent.

The only cgi/effect that made me cringe was the fire extinguisher move at the end... considering that 90% of the movie is special effects and grabbing "edge of cliff moments", that's pretty good.

Psypher_sl

shitlord
Just saw it last night in 3d and enjoyed it. It's definitely worth watching and watching in 3d.

The only part that I felt could have been done 'better' was the ending. I have a feeling the ending sequence got re-written quite a few times. I saw several opportunities for alternate endings throughout the last 15 minutes.

They could have gone with a depressing ending and have the screen slowly fade out when she turned off the oxygen. Or they could have had a weird depressing ending when George made it back and left you to wonder if she was just hallucinating while she was dying or if he really did manage to make it back.

How about a badass ending when she straps in for re-entry and screams "Either way this will be one helluva ride!"?

But I think I would have preferred her being pulled out of the capsule back on Earth, but totally limp and leaving the audience to wonder if she survived.

Maybe that's just me though... the ending didn't quite 'gel' and felt slightly out of place but it didn't detract from the movie by much.
Personally, seeing as it she landed on a lake, I kept thinking they were going to show a sign that said Lake Zurich and show her daughter standing there waiting for her. But yeah, that would have probably been way to depressing.

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
Personally, seeing as it she landed on a lake, I kept thinking they were going to show a sign that said Lake Zurich and show her daughter standing there waiting for her. But yeah, that would have probably been way to depressing.
That actually would have been a good way to end it. Depressing, but not a total downer.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I saw this movie and loved it. My wife saw it and hated it. Conclusion... Im married to a retard.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i saw it and loved it. great film. almost had me tearing up a few times. i dont like to see my sandra all sad.
tongue.png

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
We would be fucked if this was a real event. We have no capability to remove debris like that. It could set back communications for a long time.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Saw this at the Jordan's furniture imax previously linked. What an amazing experience. Huge screen and a sound system that shook the seats. Easily the most intense movie viewing experience I've ever had.
Glad I ordered tickets yesterday afternoon because every single showing was sold out by noon apparently.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Jordan's Rocks.

it's selling out daily there. and the theater is huge- sits about 400 or 500 people.

awesome place- plus the people working there are nice- my preorder tickets originally screwed up- gave me the natick imax not the reading, i didn't notice it at first, but even though it says right on the ticket no refunds, they gave me a refund no questions asked, i just said, i clicked the reading theater and sometime during the process of finalizing the purchase it screwed up.

my wife at the part where clooney comes back was like WTF...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Jordan's Rocks.

it's selling out daily there. and the theater is huge- sits about 400 or 500 people.

awesome place- plus the people working there are nice- my preorder tickets originally screwed up- gave me the natick imax not the reading, i didn't notice it at first, but even though it says right on the ticket no refunds, they gave me a refund no questions asked, i just said, i clicked the reading theater and sometime during the process of finalizing the purchase it screwed up.

my wife at the part where clooney comes back was like WTF...
Yeah I thought they jumped the shark until I realized it was a dream/hallucination.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think that was mostly the last space station she was on. Could be wrong, tho.
nah, all their orbits were degrading rapidly. i was discussing some of this with my dad, he said all the satellites were destroyed and i thought only the low orbiting satellites were affected. he said it started low and expanded outward in a domino effect. still not sure on it.