Gravy's Cooking Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You just described the scariest possible scenario for future Earth in my mind. I could deal with a situation like in Terminator, or the Matrix, but fuck living in a world run by hippies, where quinoa and kale are the dominant foods.
It is at this point that you eat the hippies

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've had quinoa and honestly brown rice is way better. I don't give a shit if it's a high protein grain, I take enough protein shakes and eat more than a pound of chicken a day, I don't need fucking protein from my carbs.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Quinoa is also super expensive, for no reason other than hippies want it, at nearly 7bucks a lb on amazon it's crazy. Considering the max i'll pay for good japanese rice is like 1.20ish a lb, now i don't eat with a trough, but you know, you know know how much you're paying for food and how to get good value.

Like arborio rice last year i was making risotto by the plateful, it's just so hard to get that al dente. Also i was cooking up lots of whole chicken (so i had carcass to make stock). Bought a 11lb bag
Amazon.com : Roland Superfino Arborio Rice, 11-Pounds Bag : Arborio Rice Produce : Grocery Gourmet Food
for like 30bucks, why? frigging it's like 8bucks a lb at the supermarket (and honestly at the time i wasn't into any rice besides japanese short grain so i wasn't really looking), figure i gotta buy in bulk. for like 2.60 a lb

I'm almost out, but i did give like 3lbs to a friend who made banging paella and made better with this rice.

Now i live within driving distance of spanish supermarkets, i should check out their in store rice i guess.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You just described the scariest possible scenario for future Earth in my mind. I could deal with a situation like in Terminator, or the Matrix, but fuck living in a world run by hippies, where quinoa and kale are the dominant foods.
I'm with you brother.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Goddamn, $7 a pound for quinoa? You're almost in to the range of the pricing for steak.
200.gif

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's an Asain supermarket about 15 minutes away from us. My wife always buys a huge 50 lb bag of rice and that lasts us for a while. Especially when we only eat 1 cup at a time.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
50 pounds runs you how much? I see on Amazon it's about a dollar a pound, but I've seen sales in ShopRite for like less than 50 cents a pound.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Fuck Quinoa. Even my dog that goes apeshit when you ask "Do you want *anything*" thinks fuck Quinoa. I asked him if he wanted any and he didn't even look up or twitch his ears. lol

This just went into the oven. This was requested by a friend for the Super Bowl. Raspberry heart/swirl cheesecake. First try for this one. I think it came out decent enough. It'll be another 90 minutes or so before it comes out. Will update this post when it's done.

rrr_img_89250.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
How much do you weigh? You're churning out half a dozen cheesecakes per week, it seems like.

Not that I'd complain, I'd eat myself into a cheesecake-induced coma

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't be jealous bro. I'd be happy to make one for you if you were close by. :p
I don't normally bake anything for myself or my wife. Because we will both eat the hell out of it heh. Everything I've made recently has been for other people. The pattern on this one wouldn't be my first choice but like I said a friend requested I give it a try for them.

And if you must know I'm 225 down from 240 two months ago.

Came out better than I thought. The raspberry looks almost pearlescent.

rrr_img_89252.jpg

rrr_img_89253.jpg