Gravy's Cooking Thread

Gravy

Bronze Squire
It's no accident that shit was going through my head the whole time I was thinking about making it, making it, and eating it, and now.

Fuckin' Obama

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How the fuck does banana bread stale? Them bananas be thirsty!

Also, those are all quick breads, I've never found them to have structural integrity for french toast like a typical yeast bread does. I mean, you can do it, you just have to be extra delicate about the soaking and flipping.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I've never made French toast with a quick bread. That might be pretty good, if a bit dense.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
How the fuck does banana bread stale? Them bananas be thirsty!

Also, those are all quick breads, I've never found them to have structural integrity for french toast like a typical yeast bread does. I mean, you can do it, you just have to be extra delicate about the soaking and flipping.
You definitely have to do the method of making French Toast where you brown it in a skillet but then finish it off in the oven for 10-15 minutes, to firm it up, cook it through. Those breads are so thick and dense that a skillet alone will leave the center all mushy

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have experience with spaghetti squash or zucchini pasta? I've been debating doing keto for my cut and these two would definitely help with the "where the fuck are my carbs?!" problem that occurs when doing keto.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
We eat spaghetti squash fairly often. Basically just cut it in half, bake it in the oven(cut-side down) for 30-40 minutes to soften it up, and then rake out the innards with a fork, and they pull out in long strands like spaghetti noodles. Then just use them as you would any pasta noodle, can top with a red sauce, or toss in olive oil, whatever.

Personally, I like tossing in olive oil, add a little fresh ground pepper, garlic, + paremesan cheese and you're gtg. Super easy meal.

spagh.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Zucchini is just a little more labor intensive, as you have to slice it thin yourself and then cook it(sautee for a few minutes to soften up, or blanche it for a minute or two in boiling water), using a vegetable peeler is probably the way to go. Spaghetti squash is much, much easier, but I like zucchini too, tastes good.

Vitality

HUSTLE
You can cut a zucc into quarters length wise and use a potato peeler to some success as a skip to the knife and specialty peelers.

Just don't potato your hand off.

A lot of the time I just say fk it and potato peel a whole carrot and a whole zucchini without chopping either and sautee the peels np.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Couldn't you just score it, length-wise, and then use a regular peeler on it?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Couldn't you just score it, length-wise, and then use a regular peeler on it?
Look man when you're in your boxers and need to get something cooked super fast to get back to your game you don't have time for scoring.

That probably works great though. I'll try it next time and report back.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just picked up a spaghetti squash because I had to after reading this last page. I'm going to make a chicken "pasta" primavera tonight with roasted garlic, broccoli and red bell peppers along with this roasted spaghetti squash. Tossed in olive oil and then adding the sauteed chicken.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Sounds really good. We regularly do baked "pasta" with spaghetti squash and it turns out great.