Gravy's Cooking Thread

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, that King's Hawaiian bread makes everything so good. My girlfriend and I just watched the movie Chef last week and immediately had a proper cuban night, and then those little ham and cheese sliders turn into perfect little cuban sandwiches for a party.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I am considering buying a sandwich press just to have cuban press sandwiches all day erry day. Yay or nay? Is the counterspace worth it?

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider

Definitely a Yea!

If you eat sandwiches with any regularity it is a godsend. Any shitty meat and cheese sandwich becomes a treat in just a few minutes. Bonus points if you get one with removable plates, then you can get waffle plates and it doubles as a waffle iron!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I have one of those Cuisinart Griddlers with the removable plates. Shit is pretty awesome.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Gravy

Bronze Squire
For my sandwich press, I use a large cast iron pan for the bottom, and my cast iron dutch oven filled half-way with boiling water for the top. Works great.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Do you also use leaves you wipe your ass, you f'ing barbarian?!

Gravy

Bronze Squire
That would make those inside-out grilled cheeses that much easier. Bonus.

Did you get the waffler plates?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That would make those inside-out grilled cheeses that much easier. Bonus.

Did you get the waffler plates?
No, I just picked one up that was never used from goodwill for like 8 bucks. I got one of those fancy waffle makers that you rotate and shit.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Making an inside-out grilled cheese with a sandwich press is like using a damn cheat code for invincibility in a game. Half the enjoyment is trying to figure out how to flip a piece of bread that has shredded cheese on top, and not losing it all during the flip.

Filthy casuals

The Master

Bronze Squire
Making an inside-out grilled cheese with a sandwich press is like using a damn cheat code for invincibility in a game. Half the enjoyment is trying to figure out how to flip a piece of bread that has shredded cheese on top, and not losing it all during the flip.

Filthy casuals
You just put the cheese in the (non-stick) pan and put the bread on top and press gently... you don't need to put it on and then flip it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Used to have one of those heavy duty cuisinart presses. Great for cooking stuff where all you want is brown on the outside. I'd never cook asparagus, omelettes, or a spatchcocked chicken on of those. I can't remember why exactly we gave ours away. I'm quite sure that cleaning it was a huge pain in the ass(the plates don't come off) and I think the storage was awkward. On top of a cabinet seemed like the best place and we kinda forgot about it.

*shrug* a pan and some foil-wrapped bricks do the same thing in double the time. Not a big deal usually because I can do other stuff while the sandwich cooks.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So I made that Chipotle Chicken Chili yesterday and for some reason it doesn't taste right. Only thing I did different was shred the chicken. I'm thinking maybe I put too much chicken in it but I'm not sure that would affect the flavor.